Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How much time can you spare for gaming?

• 129 posts
    April 7, 2017 10:43 AM PDT

Depends on how motivated I am for BIS. Can do 2 hours a night or 6-8 hours a night. Also depends on if I am single or not, because some things are not worth pixels.

• 1618 posts
    April 7, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

shasta said:

As a younger me, I was able to play 60 hours a week in EQ. Now, not so much. Kids, girlfriend who hates the computer to deal with, and work. Like a lot of others, I plan on taking a weeks vacation to play upon release then play every chance that I can get. 

New girlfriend time.

• 279 posts
    April 7, 2017 6:24 PM PDT

By the time Pantheon comes out my daughter will be about the age I was when EQ came out.

Pretty sure it's going to be an epic family experience.

If I have other kids before than IDK I'll look into selling into child slavery or something. Joking folks.

Probably between 45 and 60 hours a week if there is enough content to support that playstyle. I have 2 nights I spend at the gun range, the rest are free. 

• 319 posts
    April 8, 2017 8:29 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

shasta said:

As a younger me, I was able to play 60 hours a week in EQ. Now, not so much. Kids, girlfriend who hates the computer to deal with, and work. Like a lot of others, I plan on taking a weeks vacation to play upon release then play every chance that I can get. 

New girlfriend time.

Wow that is cold.

I have a wonderfull wife who lets me game as much as possible. She also was a gamer in EQ,EQ2,Vanguard,lotro. and most others I played. But she has slowed down in her gaming world and we still plan on PROTF on release. Maybe  Shasta needs to spend as much quality time on his GF as he does on gaming and she may come around to his thinking as well as him comeing around to hers.

I will be putting in as many hours as possible on release and in Alpha and beta. But at 68 yrs old I tire a little faster than when I was younger

• 1468 posts
    April 8, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

During pre-alpha, alpha and beta I'm going to be testing the hell out of the game. I'd love to see the game release as bug free as possible and it will be down to use to make sure we find as many bugs as possible during the testing phases. Then when the game finally releases I'll be grinding for as long as I possibly can at both adverturing and crafting. I'm looking forward to getting in-game and playing with my guild mates.

I'll also be working hard on my fan site to make sure that when the NDA is lifted it will be a really useful tool for the community to use.

• 333 posts
    April 8, 2017 12:30 PM PDT

Depending how much I enjoy the game , I can dedicate 30  - 40 hrs a week or more. I work nights in the US and raid EU , theres not alot to do at 2 am :)

• 28 posts
    April 8, 2017 1:04 PM PDT

Time I spend really depends on if I can get the Hubby to play.  We started raiding in EQ1 and continued that in EQ2 going hard core in EQ2.  I miss playing old school EQ1 and EQ2 and raiding but the hubby doesn't miss the time commitments.

Probably get in 3-4 hours on work nights and 10-12 hours on weekends depending on what else we have going on.  May be more if I'm able to get him playing the game too.

• 72 posts
    April 8, 2017 4:43 PM PDT

This is one of the few things that makes being disabled a little more bearable. I can be on about 8-10 hours a day and am so looking forward to alpha. Not only does it give me something to occupy my mind, it also is a chance to interact with people via voice chat that I wouldn't get to in regular life. I would have to say I am looking forward to its therapeutic benefits.

• 10 posts
    April 9, 2017 10:21 AM PDT

I will only have 4 weeks vacation available when it releases......hmm should be a good start!!!!!

• 12 posts
    April 9, 2017 3:38 PM PDT

I would say 4-5 hours weekdays and 10 hours weekend on avarage. though it depends on the game im board now so i play alot less. The conent that games put out now is is luckly to take more then 2 months and patches take a few hours and only release every 3 months. On top of that the gear they expect you to girnd for 3 month becomes useless with the next patch so why even bother. I maybe coming to a part in my life where i wont be able to play as offten and become more casual. The thing i never understood for the casual argument being that they need to make it easy so they can be at the end fast like others who are hard core. If i do become casual please know that i dont care if it takes me till the next expantion to get done with the content because i will be greatfull to have and endless supply of content.

• 2886 posts
    April 10, 2017 9:11 AM PDT

In the height of my DDO career, I was regularly pulling 80-90 hour weeks for several consecutive years. And that was while I somehow managed to get a college degree haha. These days, it'll probably be more like 50-60 hrs/wk, if all goes according to plan. Maybe 70 on a good week. But I value my health more now than I did lol. It's all about how efficiently you use that time though.

• 279 posts
    April 10, 2017 10:26 AM PDT
    I thought I went hard.

Bazgrim you are on another level.
    • 72 posts
    April 15, 2017 11:15 PM PDT

I tend to play often... maybe 4-6 hours daily when time allows.  I probably play MMO's longer than I should haha :3.

• 63 posts
    April 16, 2017 9:01 AM PDT
    Wife has been chroniclly ill for over a year so most of my days off are spent at doctors appointments.

Plus I work full time as a network engineer and am on call for server outages.

Also I run a charity gaming website bunkergaming.com.

Also, I volunteer as a firefighter and EMT-B.

...so 30 minutes? Lol. But seriously, maybe 1 to 2 hours a night Tuesday-Saturday and 4 or 5 on Sundays and Mondays.
    • 264 posts
    April 16, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

This is an important question to ask your players, I strongly recommend getting as many surveys as possible on this subject so that you can design the gameplay experience around your target audience. Personally I do gaming for about 3-4 hours per day on average. Weekdays are the most reliable, usually can game every weekday. Weekends can be all day/night or not at all depending on whats going on with my work projects/fun RL stuff. Content in EverQuest and Vanguard could take many hours to get through especially full clears of dungeons. Needless to say I hope I am your target audience! ;)

• 801 posts
    April 16, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

Getting close to 50 Kilsin, i dont know if i can do 60 hr weeks anymore. I do tend to popup games durning the day and afk them for days, then play my next turn :)

I still want to be apart of this game even if it is a 10-20 hr week.

It also depends on what the raiding is like, and the guild structures. If it is like the old days of EQ, i might be pulled right back into it.

This will most likely be my last MMO for longterm game play.

I have been playing these games since my 20's, remember we didnt have too many computer games back then.