Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How much time can you spare for gaming?

• 163 posts
    July 30, 2015 5:11 PM PDT

Currently I have zero games on my computer, and haven't had any for a while now. I started to put rift on it recently, but I never finished the download. I wouldn't mind trading in some RL activities for a good game though. If it was something I was completely hooked on, I could find 4-5 hours at night and a snooze button in the AM.

In regards to bat-phoning throughout the night, I did that for a while, every night, with P99 raiding. It's not something I could see myself doing again. 

This post was edited by Gadgets at July 30, 2015 5:46 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:15 PM PDT

Thanks for the great answers guys, keep them coming :) 

I am seeing a lot of potential grouping buddies, which is very nice :)

• 2138 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:23 PM PDT

2 hours a night maybe 3 or 4 days in a week. 4+ on any given weekend. If it is a three day weekend, maybe a  8+ hours in Pantheon. 

• 48 posts
    July 30, 2015 7:37 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

How many hours a week do you dedicate to gaming currently and will that change when Pantheon is released? or have you moved past the good old days of receiving a phone call or text message at midnight for a rare spawn? :)

http://on.fb.me/1OQiuLA

Meh probably about 20 or 30 depending. Some weeks maybe 12. I work almost 6 days a week, but i tend to get on if i like the game even after a long day at least for an hour or 2.

• 17 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:48 PM PDT

I work from home, tend to a mom with Alzheimer's and both kids are at that age where they just want to do their own thing. We never had a problem putting lots of game time in before when the kids were small and we both worked out of the home. Ha my kids grew up on Vanguard :)  I see lots and lots of game time :)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:46 PM PDT
    Manouk said:

2 hours a night maybe 3 or 4 days in a week. 4+ on any given weekend. If it is a three day weekend, maybe a  8+ hours in Pantheon. 

Nice, Manouk that sounds like a good spread of game time :) 

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:47 PM PDT
    Docka said:
    Kilsin said:

How many hours a week do you dedicate to gaming currently and will that change when Pantheon is released? or have you moved past the good old days of receiving a phone call or text message at midnight for a rare spawn? :)

Meh probably about 20 or 30 depending. Some weeks maybe 12. I work almost 6 days a week, but i tend to get on if i like the game even after a long day at least for an hour or 2.

That sounds like plenty of time to get lost in Pantheon! :)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:54 PM PDT
    Sionix said:

I work from home, tend to a mom with Alzheimer's and both kids are at that age where they just want to do their own thing. We never had a problem putting lots of game time in before when the kids were small and we both worked out of the home. Ha my kids grew up on Vanguard :)  I see lots and lots of game time :)

Sorry to hear about your mum Sionix, it can be tough to care for loved ones with that disease, I lost my grandmother to it a few years ago, but always know that she will be very happy to have you close, no matter if she shows that appreciation or not, it will always be there deep down :)

You must have the coolest kids ever if they were raised on VG! I look forward to seeing you and them in Pantheon!:)

• 154 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:56 PM PDT

I am currently a graduate student and drive 6+ hours a weekend to see my girl friend. When she was at comicon I probably managed 2-3 hours a night but during a normal week I'm probably down to 10hrs a week right and most of that is in easily quitable games.

By the time Pantheon comes out I expect to have graduated and to be living together with my girl friend again so I will probably return to averaging three hours a night, though honestly I have no idea what I will be doing with the extra time. I spend so much time commuting in various forms right now I am not sure I have a good idea of what a normal week is with out tanking so much time traveling.

• 154 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:57 PM PDT
    Nikademis said:

Well currently I'm not playing much of anything to be honest so I've been using my free time to stay caught up with work (I can't believe I just said that...ugh).  I devote a few hours a week to Magic: The Gathering Online and Daily Fantasy Sports but currently that's about as far as my digital gaming goes currently.  When Pantheon launches however I'll be able to sink some hours without sacrificing too much; maybe 4-5 hours a night +/- a couple.

I am getting married next May so there certainly are some additional RL things to consider but generally speaking I should have no problems!

Congratz Nik! Your fiance frequents Monty's streams right? I feel like we had a conversation about this while appreciating his work.

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 11:42 PM PDT
    Nikademis said:

Well currently I'm not playing much of anything to be honest so I've been using my free time to stay caught up with work (I can't believe I just said that...ugh).  I devote a few hours a week to Magic: The Gathering Online and Daily Fantasy Sports but currently that's about as far as my digital gaming goes currently.  When Pantheon launches however I'll be able to sink some hours without sacrificing too much; maybe 4-5 hours a night +/- a couple.

I am getting married next May so there certainly are some additional RL things to consider but generally speaking I should have no problems!

Definitely a big congrats Nikademis! :) 

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 11:43 PM PDT
    cram9030 said:

I am currently a graduate student and drive 6+ hours a weekend to see my girl friend. When she was at comicon I probably managed 2-3 hours a night but during a normal week I'm probably down to 10hrs a week right and most of that is in easily quitable games.

By the time Pantheon comes out I expect to have graduated and to be living together with my girl friend again so I will probably return to averaging three hours a night, though honestly I have no idea what I will be doing with the extra time. I spend so much time commuting in various forms right now I am not sure I have a good idea of what a normal week is with out tanking so much time traveling.

Nice, Cram! As long as you can spend some time relaxing in-game with us, will she be playing too? If not, you have some convincing to do mate, we will need her in our group! :)

• 48 posts
    July 31, 2015 1:12 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Docka said:
    Kilsin said:

That sounds like plenty of time to get lost in Pantheon! :)

I'm sure it will be plenty lol.

• 595 posts
    July 31, 2015 8:27 AM PDT
    cram9030 said:

Congratz Nik! Your fiance frequents Monty's streams right? I feel like we had a conversation about this while appreciating his work.

Thanks @cram9030 and @Kilsin <3

That's right, she's Feyreisa on the forums and Twitch.  It was very likely a topic of conversation with Monty at some point, along with plenty other wacky topics lol.  And cats.

• 409 posts
    July 31, 2015 10:55 AM PDT

3-4 hours per day. My wife goes to bed very early, always has, and I typically am 3-4 hours behind her on that. That's been my gaming time most of our marriage...when she's sleeping. And I still get my 6-8 hours of sleep every day. Sometimes I'll start earlier and can get in 6 hours, but I am just not that gamer anymore because I just straight get tired. So in a two week period, more than 2-4 hours straight happens maybe once or twice, if at all. But after 10 years, my wife has accepted that I am a gamer, period. If I am not playing Pantheon, I'll be playing something because gamers play games. As long as I keep the impact to her down, I can game 7 nights a week if the game in question warrants doing so. Most nights I don't game are because I am bored, tired or just giving my brain the night off.

Therein lies the challenge for VR, Inc. Will Pantheon make nightly gaming a worthwhile pursuit? If they do, count me in.

• 308 posts
    July 31, 2015 7:29 PM PDT

4-6 hours per weekday, and 12-16 hours per weekend-day. during spring and summer it will be reduced for the weekend days to 12-16 hours per weekend, because i want time to ride my motorcycle too. that being said i plan on taking a week off of work for the launch of pantheon, and for the launch of alpha testing i plan on taking a month of 3 day weekends.

PS. my weekend playtimes would line up with aussies as i work 3rd shift in the US.

This post was edited by Gawd at July 31, 2015 9:53 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    August 1, 2015 10:12 PM PDT
    Nikademis said:
    cram9030 said:

Thanks @cram9030 and @Kilsin <3

That's right, she's Feyreisa on the forums and Twitch.  It was very likely a topic of conversation with Monty at some point, along with plenty other wacky topics lol.  And cats.

Ah I miss hanging out with Monty and you guys instead of doing work. :)

• 781 posts
    August 1, 2015 10:21 PM PDT

I like to sit and play for a few hours when i get home from work.  I usually play all day on my days off.  Right now I am saving up vacation time so that when we are able to finally enter this awesome game I will not have any distractions and can dive right in  :)  This is going to be AWESOME !  Can't wait ! :)

• 67 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:14 PM PDT

Since Pantheon will become my primary focus, I would say I'll be playing at least 20 hrs a week.  I work overtime every week, but since I dont have a life elsewhere, my hours will be spent here ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:16 PM PDT

This is awesome, I am going to have so many people to group with! :) 

• 67 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:17 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Woah, woah, just because I said I'll be playing that much, does not mean I want to spend it with you... Kappa

This post was edited by Xeravik at August 2, 2015 7:18 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:26 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:
    Kilsin said:

Woah, woah, just because I said I'll be playing that much, does not mean I want to spend it with you... Kappa

Ugh, fine! I will just have to follow you around in stealth then ;)

• 67 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:34 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Xeravik said:
    Kilsin said:

Just be careful to not do a /follow I WILL take you off a cliff. (Kind of off topic) Okay, for a while in VG there was a bug on the necromancer group levitation buff.  People would usually have their own form of levitation active when they followed me, BUT if I cast my group lev then turned it off, it would remove others form of levitation so they could fall to their death, it was great fun.

• 9115 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:41 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:
    Kilsin said:
    Xeravik said:
    Kilsin said:

Just be careful to not do a /follow I WILL take you off a cliff. (Kind of off topic) Okay, for a while in VG there was a bug on the necromancer group levitation buff.  People would usually have their own form of levitation active when they followed me, BUT if I cast my group lev then turned it off, it would remove others form of levitation so they could fall to their death, it was great fun.

Man, so hostile! That's ok, there are plenty of nice people to group with that won't lead me to my death.

Yeah, I used to accidently kill my boxed group with my Necro doing that sometimes if I wasn't careful and Bard's had a similar bug with song invis and lev.

• 378 posts
    August 3, 2015 5:08 PM PDT

My time is different from week to week, as I travel all over Aus and NZ for work, when traveling I don't game much and when i'm home a get a lot of free time and my game time hits all time highs for short bursts.

I'm currently playing a few single player games and Elite: Dangerous  but once Pantheon hits it will take up most of my current free time ( I hope )