Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How much time can you spare for gaming?

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 3:53 AM PDT

How many hours a week do you dedicate to gaming currently and will that change when Pantheon is released? or have you moved past the good old days of receiving a phone call or text message at midnight for a rare spawn? :)

http://on.fb.me/1OQiuLA

• 132 posts
    July 30, 2015 4:25 AM PDT

Im still young and don't have kids, so many many many hours! ;)

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/3f5alj/official_facebook_discussion_how_much_time_can/

This post was edited by sajbear at July 30, 2015 5:03 AM PDT
    • 120 posts
    July 30, 2015 4:58 AM PDT
    Well, me an the misses aren't really playing anything right now, except for little EQ just to fight off bordum. Still we manage 3 or 4 hours a day.
    • 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 5:04 AM PDT

Nice, so I can expect to see a lot of you both in Pantheon, at least I will have two people to group with ;)

• 105 posts
    July 30, 2015 5:44 AM PDT

I'll bring the time, you bring the game I can spend it in! :)  I look forward to my first marathon play session in Pantheon.

• 43 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:12 AM PDT

I have a lot of time since I'm divorced with no kids.

At least until I meet someone again! lol :)

• 1778 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:41 AM PDT

About 8 hours at night Mon-Fri. This is usually true on the weekends as well, and random amounts during the day on the weekends. Now these numbers are how much I "can". How much I will is going to depend on how fun the game is and how all consuming it becomes? (muhahahaha).

And what other things  want to do (if any)?

• 105 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:44 AM PDT
    StormCloud said:

Or maybe you'll meet someone who enjoys gaming like you do.  You know what they say, "couples who game together kill dragons together."  Yeah, ok, I made that up but it's been true for my husband and myself. :P

This post was edited by Marilee at July 30, 2015 8:02 AM PDT
    • 43 posts
    July 30, 2015 6:49 AM PDT
    Marilee said:
    StormCloud said:

Or maybe you'll meet someone who enjoys gaming like you do.  You know what they say, "couples who game together kill dragons together."  Yeah, ok, I made that up but it's been true for my husband and myself. :P

Yep, it's very possible! :)

The woman I was married to for 6 years, I met in Everquest back in 2000. So yeah, it's very possible that it can happen. Maybe history will repeat itself? lol

• 366 posts
    July 30, 2015 7:11 AM PDT

That is really nice, Marilee! I tried to get my husband to game with me and he did for a couple of months, he is more into physical than virtual games.   Our children straddle both worlds really well, when they wee little yes they were my famers :).   Him and I do a lot together in RL, so this is my private escape and now that the kids are older I have more time to game.  I hear a lot of how people do not have as much time as back in 1999.  For me it is the opposite.  I gave birth to my first kid in 1999 so now I have more time.  I really should be painting my RL house instead of my virtual one right now..... I guess that says a lot ;)

Depending on the game I spend a couple of hours a day online. And yes my friends and I text/call/message each other to pop on still. Let see how many hours a day Pantheon sucks me in !

This post was edited by Zarriya at July 30, 2015 8:02 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    July 30, 2015 7:33 AM PDT

Currently not playing much. Maybe 1-2 hours on the work days, more on the weekend. Most of my time goes into Civilization games. When Pantheon is released I expect that to change quite a bit.

• 384 posts
    July 30, 2015 7:46 AM PDT
    Weird. I was just considering this and wondering about others.

Unfortunately, when it comes to gaming I don't have nearly as much time as I used to. I've got two small kids and a wife that all require food and attention for some reason. :) so between them and being tired from lack of sleep related to them I don't play nearly enough. Hahah It sucks when you start falling asleep at the keyboard. lol I have woken up running mindlessly into a wall for who knows how long before. :)

So, the short answer is not as much as I'd like due to family obligations and sleepiness. But when Pantheon first launches I'll be around most nights and weekends for sure and that'll taper off.
    • 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:27 AM PDT
    Marilee said:

I'll bring the time, you bring the game I can spend it in! :)  I look forward to my first marathon play session in Pantheon.

Deal :)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:28 AM PDT
    StormCloud said:

I'm single with no kids so we can wingman for each other ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:29 AM PDT
    Amsai said:

About 8 hours at night Mon-Fri. This is usually true on the weekends as well, and random amounts during the day on the weekends. Now these numbers are how much I "can". How much I will is going to depend on how fun the game is and how all consuming it becomes? (muhahahaha).

And what other things  want to do (if any)?

I have a funny feeling it will be "consuming" lol ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:32 AM PDT
    Zarriya said:

That is really nice, Marilee! I tried to get my husband to game with me and he did for a couple of months, he is more into physical than virtual games.   Our children straddle both worlds really well, when they wee little yes they were my famers :).   Him and I do a lot together in RL, so this is my private escape and now that the kids are older I have more time to game.  I hear a lot of how people do not have as much time as back in 1999.  For me it is the opposite.  I gave birth to my first kid in 1999 so now I have more time.  I really should be painting my RL house instead of my virtual one right now..... I guess that says a lot ;)

Depending on the game I spend a couple of hours a day online. And yes my friends and I text/call/message each other to pop on still. Let see how many hours a day Pantheon sucks me in !

You still have time to get the house done, at least then it won't be able to come back to haunt you later when Pantheon has it's mesmerising effect and tries to make you stay for "just one more..." lol :)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:33 AM PDT
    Sarim said:

Currently not playing much. Maybe 1-2 hours on the work days, more on the weekend. Most of my time goes into Civilization games. When Pantheon is released I expect that to change quite a bit.

Nice Sarim, saving yourself, I like it :)

• 9115 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:34 AM PDT
    Malsirian said:
    Weird. I was just considering this and wondering about others. Unfortunately, when it comes to gaming I don't have nearly as much time as I used to. I've got two small kids and a wife that all require food and attention for some reason. :) so between them and being tired from lack of sleep related to them I don't play nearly enough. Hahah It sucks when you start falling asleep at the keyboard. lol I have woken up running mindlessly into a wall for who knows how long before. :) So, the short answer is not as much as I'd like due to family obligations and sleepiness. But when Pantheon first launches I'll be around most nights and weekends for sure and that'll taper off.

Great minds... :)

Haha totally understandable, as long as you get all your RL commitments out of the way and have some down time to enjoy Pantheon a few nights a week it will be enough to hook you ;) 

• 595 posts
    July 30, 2015 8:55 AM PDT

Well currently I'm not playing much of anything to be honest so I've been using my free time to stay caught up with work (I can't believe I just said that...ugh).  I devote a few hours a week to Magic: The Gathering Online and Daily Fantasy Sports but currently that's about as far as my digital gaming goes currently.  When Pantheon launches however I'll be able to sink some hours without sacrificing too much; maybe 4-5 hours a night +/- a couple.

I am getting married next May so there certainly are some additional RL things to consider but generally speaking I should have no problems!

• 33 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:39 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

How many hours a week do you dedicate to gaming currently and will that change when Pantheon is released? or have you moved past the good old days of receiving a phone call or text message at midnight for a rare spawn? :)

http://on.fb.me/1OQiuLA

It's often been said among my group of friends that if EQ had been released while I was we were in college, we would have been booted from university.  I was also lucky in that during most of the time I played EQ, my wife was finishing her education and taking night classes. I currently schedule 6 hours a week for raiding and most days will hop on for a few minutes to a couple things in my current game, but I don't have the overwhelming desire to rush to my computer and log in for fear of missing anything. One of the biggest failures of the modern MMO is that the world lost its persistence and became more existential.  If I close my eyes, it ceases to be. I like living, breathing worlds that draw me in and keep me there, but they can be dangerous. 

I suspect I will have more time for Pantheon, but it probably won't rival the 30-40 hours a week I spend in Norrath. 

• 366 posts
    July 30, 2015 9:49 AM PDT
    Nikademis said:

I am getting married next May .......

Warmest Wishes :)

This post was edited by Zarriya at July 30, 2015 5:44 PM PDT
    • 595 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:07 AM PDT

Warmest Wishes :)

Thanks very much <3

• 25 posts
    July 30, 2015 10:35 AM PDT

I am on EQ LockJaw Server at the moment until PROTF comes out!

2 HOURS A NIGHT DURING WEEK (UNLESS WIFE WANTS TO WATCH A SHOW/SERIES)

4 HOURS ON WEEKENDS (MOSTLY AT NIGHT)

IF FAMILY SAYS YOU HAVE EXTRA TIME WE DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICES THEN IT GOES UP SUBSTANTIALLY ON THE WEEKENDS.

WORK AND FAMILY FIRST ALWAYS!!!!!

MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR SLEEP TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY IF YOUR HEAD IS SCREWED ON RIGHT!!!!!

sorry about the all caps lol i am at work quick typing

This post was edited by Raven8Hawk at July 30, 2015 5:45 PM PDT
    • 89 posts
    July 30, 2015 12:58 PM PDT

Currently I play about 2 hours per week on a single player game. When Pantheon releases I expect that to jump to about 20 hours per week in the summer and a bit more in the winter.

• 158 posts
    July 30, 2015 4:47 PM PDT

I can spare probably on average about 4-8 hours a day for gaming. I don't sleep very much so that tends to make my night time schedule pretty flexible. That doesn't mean I will always play that much but thats how much I am able to use on average should I want to.

This post was edited by Mephiles at July 30, 2015 5:45 PM PDT