Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If you could create...

• 9115 posts
    May 29, 2017 3:59 AM PDT

If you could create any weapon for your character in Pantheon, what would it be and what would you call it? #PRF

• 2 posts
    May 29, 2017 4:06 AM PDT
    My dwarf warrior would have an axe with lifesteal sta and Haste on it (at least) and in deference to my Warhammer days it would be named Stormblade.
    • 129 posts
    May 29, 2017 4:20 AM PDT

Moss-Covered Can of Whoop'Ass

DMG : 4

DLY : 10

Proc : Rust, disease DoT, disable natural regen, 1 DMG per tick, makes a CLONK sound when it procs.

• 155 posts
    May 29, 2017 4:58 AM PDT

@Kilsin:

If you could provide us with Tier of the intended dmg range from 1-50 it would help deciding what would be acceptable for creating a weapon !

• 409 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:06 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:50 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:10 AM PDT

This was a great way to kill some time. On Twitter I proposed a shield for my Cleric, so here on the forums I will create my primary weapon haha. I don't usually play a melee Cleric, but let's try to think outside the box. Numbers are roughly based on EQ's stat system:

The Wailing Flail

MAGIC, LORE

Slot: Primary

Skill: 1H Blunt, Atk Delay: 30

Dmg: 10

HP: +30 MANA: +75 WIS: +10 CHA: +10 DISEASE RESIST: +5 MAGIC RESIST: +10

Effect: Soul Reaper (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 45: Whenever this weapon successfully hits an undead creature, there is a small (1%) chance that it will attempt to collect the creature's soul, dealing between 150 and 200 damage. If that kills the creature, increase the base damage of this weapon by 5 for 15 minutes, up to 10 times. All stacks are removed if the effect expires.

Required level of 40.

Weight: 10.0

Class: Cleric

Race: Dark Myr, Dwarf, Human

"Every time the flail head soars through the air, you can hear the faint screams of tortured souls."

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 29, 2017 5:14 AM PDT
    • 11 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:11 AM PDT

We all know monks cant count while running. ;p

"Gloves of Incomming +uhh..." (or like +2 )

This post was edited by DeathtoGnomes at May 29, 2017 5:12 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:29 AM PDT

Belgar's Demise, 2 Handed Axe

"Belgar was allways an adventurous dwarf, allways seeking the unknown in the lands of terminus and brought alot pride to his people at Khadassa. One day he's journey lead him in the wastes of Khäga, where he was ambushed by an mighty ogre warrior. The two fought fiercly, but in the end, the ogre managed to disarm Belgars loved axe from his hands and executed poor Belgar ironically with his own axe that had protected him on his numerous journeys before."

• 411 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:42 AM PDT

Unknown Weapon: The weapon is clouded by a small, but dense layer of fog and cannot actually be seen (just looks like a cloud on the end of a hilt). After every hit the weapon changes to yield a random damage type and effect (blunt, slashing, piercing, fire, frost, etc.), resulting in a very balanced weapon overall that's the jack of all trades.

• 9115 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:48 AM PDT

Rendall said:

@Kilsin:

If you could provide us with Tier of the intended dmg range from 1-50 it would help deciding what would be acceptable for creating a weapon !

This isn't for feedback man, this is just a CM question for using your imagination to create any weapon you like in Pantheon for your main character, it can be whatever you like for whatever level you see fit :)

• 16 posts
    May 29, 2017 5:55 AM PDT

Dieth's Epee of Hand hits! 

Accuracy bonus when targetting extremities.

Parry/Riposte bonus, all successful parries are followed up by a riposte that does not consume an attack round.  Riposte attacks receive a further accuracy bonus.

• 8 posts
    May 29, 2017 6:57 AM PDT

Staff of the Elements, a high level 1 handed summoned staff that gives protection against heat/cold and has the ability to cast a weaker version of the same protection on others. Summoner only

• 21 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:00 AM PDT

Would be a giant maul called "Ruin".

Would have a very dark mix of black particle animations from end to end. Not very heavy on the particles, gentle glow. 

Lots of spikes. Tarnished iron head. Shaft would be leather wrapped iron with bronze fixings.

Two handed obviously. Would be 2/3 of the character's length.

If someone saw you with it, they knew you were trouble.

lol. 

• 9115 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:05 AM PDT

I am loving the creative replies folks! Keep them coming :)

• 2 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:25 AM PDT

Two single-hand swords, both with blue glimmering edges and hilts with black leather wrapped around: one called "Tempest", the other "Bolt".

• 15 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

I like the concept of the over powered tiny gun in Men in Black. I would like to see something that looks silly, but is deadly. The Spoon of Doom, perhaps, with a matching shield, perhaps the Thimble of Great Defense.

• 190 posts
    May 29, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

Weapons that level with you as you use it.  I'd be okay with them being entertainingly sentient, with little things that they speak while being used (with the option to turn it off.)  I just like the idea of having a preferred/favorite weapon that you don't outlevel and can be useful for your whole adventuring career.  (Yes, I know this would mess up loot systems. A girl can dream.)

• 633 posts
    May 29, 2017 8:36 AM PDT

Hurt Stick

1 handed melee staff, and every time a critical hit is scored with it, it says, "That had to hurt!"

• 24 posts
    May 29, 2017 9:23 AM PDT

Staff of Stolen Thoughts. (SST)

If I strike a mob and it procs then it steels mana for the mob, 80% of the stolen mana goes to group and the other 20% of the stolen mana is stored in the staff.

The amount oif mana stolen is based on player level or maybe on a percentage of player's mana pool size.

When the staff is full I can click on it and drain the staff to my mana pool or to someone elses mana pool.

The staff would be one handed.  Do not think it should of high dmg, so it does not draw argo.

When the staff is empty of mana it is ornately carved black runed shaft with a clear globe on top,

As the staff fills up the globe fills with a glowing bright mana colored liquid that moves when the staff does.

The ornate carved runes brighten in color also as the staff fills up.

I like playing Enchanter but I see this could be used by any magic class.

• 264 posts
    May 29, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

rkwiles said:

Staff of Stolen Thoughts. (SST)

If I strike a mob and it procs then it steels mana for the mob, 80% of the stolen mana goes to group and the other 20% of the stolen mana is stored in the staff.

The amount oif mana stolen is based on player level or maybe on a percentage of player's mana pool size.

When the staff is full I can click on it and drain the staff to my mana pool or to someone elses mana pool.

The staff would be one handed.  Do not think it should of high dmg, so it does not draw argo.

When the staff is empty of mana it is ornately carved black runed shaft with a clear globe on top,

As the staff fills up the globe fills with a glowing bright mana colored liquid that moves when the staff does.

The ornate carved runes brighten in color also as the staff fills up.

I like playing Enchanter but I see this could be used by any magic class.

Ok , well I was going to say Poop Sock Flail , But after reading this , it just sounds beautiful. I want one of these rk .

• 624 posts
    May 29, 2017 10:36 AM PDT

Baba Gulabgir's Pungi: when played stops all snakes (cobras to Nagas) from kicking. Or charms them.

Hand Harp of Harmony: increases group stamina & mana regen, as well as aggro.  If bard is struck loses composure for 5 ticks, cannot play/sing.

Banjo called Deli; Guitar called Verance - when played by two bards at a single target turns the mob into a squealing pig for 5 ticks

Dawn Shawm / Shadow Shawm: when played creates bright light / plunges into darkness 30' radius

Lute of Luck: increase odds on all party RNG rolls

Fluglehorn of Fail: cursed version of LoL

Pantheon Pipes: portable organ (trade skill kit?) which can be assembled / set up at a tavern, camp or (for the daring) in a dungeon.  Generates significant aggro, increases morale and recovery.

• 7 posts
    May 29, 2017 10:52 AM PDT

A short sword with a neon green glow, kind of like sting from The Hobbit/LOTR but with the green of Yoda's light saber, that provides haste and a regen buff.

• 5 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:34 AM PDT

..I love the idea of weapons that once obtained, have various levels that you can attain with them, almost gives the weapons a story of their own

but my absolute favourite would have to be anything with a sentient personality, and even better if it mocked me during my characters lifespan! Something like...

The Singing Sword of Dubious Fortune

(insert whatever stats you'd like)

on delivering a critical hit: The sword sings your praises & compliments your amazing prowess and virility- receive temporary buff.

on receiving a critical hit: The sword mocks you in it's best French accent, comparing you to it's previous owners ( who were all found wanting) - receive temporary debuff

on being reduced to 10% HP: The sword has had enough of your ineptitude and swiftly departs for greener pastures- fail a "disarm" check and the sword falls to the floor

Or a Holy Hand Grenade.... can't go wrong with explosives!

• 4 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:57 AM PDT

My ARCHAI RANGER will use Night's Whisper , a Legendary Longbow with a double curve. This extremely stealthy longbow will proc a globe of darkness around the area of impact making all but the intended target agro the ranger. As i (as a casual player) will probably never be able to attain this legendary bow, i will have to use my standard wooden bow shooting glasstipped arrows filled with a sedative to lull possible adds and work very hard to attain the same effect !

• 40 posts
    May 29, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

When I was a teenager I played a High Elf Paladin in EQ and I had always hoped for a quest to combine my epic (Fiery Defender) with the High Elf racial Paladin epic (Natures Defender), into some sort of greater epic.  Pictured it as a very large greatsword with green flames.  One day it'll exist, let's hope it's in Pantheon!

This post was edited by Hane at May 29, 2017 1:08 PM PDT