Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If you could create...

• 200 posts
    May 29, 2017 1:30 PM PDT
    Endless Light, a healer/cleric mace that sometimes procs a short duration mana regen buff and has some decent healing stats. It would have an aura of gently pulsating golden light, and maybe a fancy effect when it procs?
    • 66 posts
    May 29, 2017 1:44 PM PDT

Name: Sacraficial Purge

Weapon Type: Tome

Stats: -MND, -Max MP, -Max HP

Usable by: Shaman, Dire Lord, Druid

Description: When meditating the weilder is shrouded in vines that slowly flourish into thorned flowers.  Once the flowers bloom all members in AOE range have one negative status effect removed.  The weilder receives no HP or MP during this time and continually looses HP due to the thorns.

This post was edited by DuxDux at May 29, 2017 1:44 PM PDT
    • 25 posts
    May 29, 2017 2:05 PM PDT

The Smusherer : a large two handed war hammer. Simple construction but very effective. A large slow weapon for a large slow ogre.

Flavor text: When applied the target is smushed.

• 2138 posts
    May 29, 2017 2:28 PM PDT

2HB staff of elemental instability

weight 75lbs, 36/22 damage delay ratio. +33 to all resists and stats except str, -10 to str. summoner only.

equip cooldown: once equiped, 15min timer starts on item before effect can be used. 15min timer re-starts if item is unequipped and then re-equipped

effect: elemental instability, Cast time 13.5 seconds.

Elemental instability: causes all summon creatures within line of sight to explode, dealing 4X damage AE effect per summoned creature (multiple creatures/swarms can create overlapping AE spheres). Drains mana pool, causes 5 seconds blindness, increases mana regen to 100mana per tic while blind.

• 189 posts
    May 29, 2017 2:50 PM PDT
    Cleric only shield.. 'Lucky'

High AC
    Chance to proc self heal over time when struck by an enemy or successful block with the shield.
    • 4 posts
    May 29, 2017 2:52 PM PDT

For the Dwarf Paladin:

Cleaver of the Righteous

2H Double Headed Battle Axe

Shinny Glimmering Blades. Should look clean and sharp.

Dark Heavy Wooden handle with a white stone pommel ornate with etchings of the Gods possibly even scripture or religious symbols.  

For the Human Paladin:

Blade of the Righteous

One Handed Sword 

Start with the Fiery Avenger and work from there. :-) 

• 1618 posts
    May 29, 2017 3:06 PM PDT

A large pole-arm with a lightning proc named Pigglesworth's Purple Pig Sticker.

• 2419 posts
    May 29, 2017 3:36 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could create any weapon for your character in Pantheon, what would it be and what would you call it? #PRF

Given that my pledge actually has designing an item as a perk, I've had nearly 2 years of thinking about this.

As I plan on playing an Ogre Shaman, the item would be a 1HB staff, hewn from the branch of the ancient tree at the heart of my tribe's village.  I'd call it I'Yalistwa.

• 542 posts
    May 29, 2017 4:02 PM PDT

My staff would be called the  Dazzle Fluffer 

The special effects  turns any melee type in a hairball that buffs me whenever they hit

any caster would first think they gain a boon.Feeling all comfy in their soft downy sheets* 

Then Snap ;the soft downy sheet turns into a thousand voodoo needles impaling their satisfied brian and they'd instantly die in a happy ,blissful state

• 74 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:50 PM PDT

Enchanter Epics

Reality's Bane - Dagger...some cool effect that shows it phasing into/out of physical world

Mirage Lantern - Off-Hand...better look like a lantern!

This post was edited by Land at May 29, 2017 7:52 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:51 PM PDT

Arcane staff of Creation

Summoner class only:

Description: Gnomes with their obsession of arcane magic have also sought to create tools to imbune arcane with. This tool is one of many tools that they had created to help enhance and manipulate the arcane itself. However the arcane is very powerful and unpredictable so they were only able to put a drop of arcane onto the arcane crystal on the staff. With the help of the arcane staves and their knowledge of the arcane they continue to create many things in hopes to feed their obsession with more knowledge of the arcane and to unlock many possibilities.

Arcane staff of Creation:

Stats increased enough to help the wielder survive. (stretching it maybe)-> Maybe strengthening summoners skills in a way.

The staff has jewels around the top end of the staff. the jewels are imbuned with the elements and the arcane crystal in the middle feeds the elemental jewels to increase certain elemental capabilitites.

high level and med damage.

(stuff below is just a thought)

Materials (craft?): various Metals and stuff, Jewels have to be found all over that world (1 for each atmosphere?). Arcane crystal have to be found or made with a crystal that is imbuned with magic, or maybe you have a crystal that you have to find and give to the gnomes to do it for you, but you have to have a very good reputation with the gnomes.

This post was edited by OceanB at May 29, 2017 7:55 PM PDT
    • 187 posts
    May 29, 2017 8:12 PM PDT

Colossal Warstaff of the Graven Hold
    Ogre Druid only
    2 Hand Blunt

Fashioned by the gods themselves, this massive staff is made from the enchanted trees found only in the most ancient cave jungles of Ghorrok, where creation itself was said to have taken place. Fixed at the top of its iridescent shaft are dynamically spiraling book mounts rumored to have once been the home of the various Seven Tomes of War.

Unique property: 7 Book Slots.
    If outfitted with all Seven Tomes of War, the character gains the ability "Graven Hold Incarnate" where he/she is able to channel the primordial energy of the Graven Hold to wreak havoc among the universe.

This post was edited by Syntro at May 29, 2017 8:15 PM PDT
    • 155 posts
    May 29, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

Dark Edge Of Hatred

Primary Hand                        Slashing

One Handed Sword

28 - 36 DAMAGE (16.00 DPS)

Delay 2.00

+ 10 Strength, + 12 Stamina, +20 Amor Class

Seething Hatred:  Increase your hate toward your target

(Insert Proc Rate)

Weight 4.00

Dark_edge
    Or

Dark_edge_2

Or even

Darkedge_3

(I prefer em simple like the sec one)

##  Intended for Lvl 50 character, with proper class requirement.

Obtained from a Raid Target, Very Hard Encouter or Some sort of Epic Quest etc

This post was edited by Rendall at May 29, 2017 11:00 PM PDT
    • 316 posts
    May 29, 2017 10:04 PM PDT
    Demon-bound Shurikens

2 shurikens (throwing stars)
    Relatively high ranged dps

Throw one after the other, and they both return. Shurikens forged with trapped demons' souls, which seek blood and are enchanted to return to their owner's hand. Dark, possibly runed metal, must bring trapped demons' souls to a dark forgemaster deep somewhere...
    • 129 posts
    May 29, 2017 10:45 PM PDT

Hane said:

When I was a teenager I played a High Elf Paladin in EQ and I had always hoped for a quest to combine my epic (Fiery Defender) with the High Elf racial Paladin epic (Natures Defender), into some sort of greater epic.  Pictured it as a very large greatsword with green flames.  One day it'll exist, let's hope it's in Pantheon!

I like the idea of a Racial Epic quest + Class Epic quest = completing them would unlock a hidden quest, bringing an additional epic² quest, which gives a new epic Race/Class weapon, that we would call Mythic weapon (if I didn't misscount the number of race/class combinations, there would be 66 different Mythic weapons).

That would be f*cking awesome... but probably impossible to make for the dev team...

Well, let me dream on :P

• 1468 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:28 PM PDT

Smithing Hammer of Expertise

A special hammer that is infused with a magical power enabling them a +5% skill bonus to all smithing activities whilst using the hammer. Would have some sort of electrical looking effect around the hammerhead to make it look special. There could be all sorts of special items that are first crafted by crafters and then magically improved by completing a quest or by another player doing something that costs a lot of plat. Say one for each crafting profession.

One thing is for sure they should be very difficult to acquire. Sort of like an epic quest just for crafters (something which I feel has been lacking in ever other MMO I have played). I mean why can't crafters have epic quests as well as normal classes?

• 839 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:46 PM PDT

Book of Boredom.

Enchanter Only

Has come funky +Cha stats on it and some Int as you would expect

Effect: When the enchanter takes mele damage the book has a small chance to proc and then mez the target (essentially boring them to sleep with its very uninteresting tale) ;)

• 1468 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:57 PM PDT

Hokanu said:

Book of Boredom.

Enchanter Only

Effect: When the enchanter takes mele damage the book has a small chance to proc and then mez the target (essentially boring them to sleep with its very uninteresting tale) ;)

It would be even better if there was a small chance it mezzed the player character instead. After all if you are carrying around a book all the time you've probably read it so often you are bored to death of it.

• 839 posts
    May 30, 2017 12:18 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Hokanu said:

Book of Boredom.

Enchanter Only

It would be even better if there was a small chance it mezzed the player character instead. After all if you are carrying around a book all the time you've probably read it so often you are bored to death of it.

Haha very nice addition! :) 

• 2 posts
    May 30, 2017 2:18 AM PDT

Heavy Mug

2 Handed Mug, enc only, no drop

-5str -5sta -5agi -5dex -5wis -5int -5cha +5hp +5mana

An enchanter side quest starting at low levels for all players but targeted at the „non-epic-player“.

(EQ1 Epics were forever out of reach for a lot of players but possibly important as an inspiration)

(In EQ1 the mug dual wielding encs were iconic)

The quest could be worked around a story that has the enchanter collect ingredients for some non-disclosed mysterious purpose. (This might be humbug) In that way the mug would level with the player. The first step could be to find the base liquid that negates the weight of the mug (-5str goes away). Then to decorate the mug (-5 cha gone) and so forth.

Later on you can find those rare ingredients to raise some stats.

Variations:

A slight variant: Even a Mug specialization would be possible. Whether they are permanent or not is open. (You could always throw away the contents of the mug and start over?)

Second variant: maybe the contents could be usable i.e. drinkable or shareable with the group. (Inspired by the infusions for extreme climates)

Another variant: A bit like the warrior epic in EQ1 a possibility would be for the enc to quest for a secondary item:

Light Mug

Primary hand / off hand, enc only, no drop

This one would be an additional side quest. If you had a great main or offhand item and still wanted to use your „Heavy Mug“ you could fill some of the liquid into the „Light Mug“. (it might give off some light too) It would have half the stats of the original.

These variants can be drawn in any direction. For example:

Hip Flask

Ranged slot, enc only, no drop

Part of the fluid can be stored there for only part of the effect.

And maybe to address the problem of “why not fill all of them” at the same time: The Newbie Mug comes with some mystical starting content and in that way the amount of fluid is limited.

• 763 posts
    May 30, 2017 4:34 AM PDT

bobwinner said:

Hane said:

When I was a teenager I played a High Elf Paladin in EQ and I had always hoped for a quest to combine my epic (Fiery Defender) with the High Elf racial Paladin epic (Natures Defender), into some sort of greater epic.  Pictured it as a very large greatsword with green flames.  One day it'll exist, let's hope it's in Pantheon!

I like the idea of a Racial Epic quest + Class Epic quest = completing them would unlock a hidden quest, bringing an additional epic² quest, which gives a new epic Race/Class weapon, that we would call Mythic weapon (if I didn't misscount the number of race/class combinations, there would be 66 different Mythic weapons).

That would be f*cking awesome... but probably impossible to make for the dev team...

Well, let me dream on :P

There are 66 Race/Class combinations allowed in the current matrix, yes.
    But that doesn't mean the DEVs need to cater for 66 Mythic unique weapons/items as such. Let us imagine :

1. Racial Epic Quests have a (set of) 'racial flavour(s)' to them.

Eg Dark Myr : Song, Charm, Water
    Eg Halfling : Cunning, Trickster, Nature
    Eg Archai : Stone, Stamina, Focus
    Eg Dwarf : Constitution, Metals/Ores, Piety
    etc

2. Class Epics come with 'slots' for the addition of Runes/Gems/etc

3. Mythic Items take:

a. The form of the Class Epic
    b. The 'flavour' of the Race

Add 'Class Epic' + 'Race Epic' => 'Mythic' with slotted gem representing race 'flavour'.

E.g. Bard Epic = Master's Lyre
    combining give the Mythic item. For Race:

Dark Myr => Master Siren's Lyre (Songs harder to resist, bonus to charm, water breathing 10' rad)
    Halfling => Master Trickster's Lyre (Nature's soothing Aura, Bonus to AGI/DEX, proc Confusion)
    Dwarf => Master Songsmith's Lyre (Aura of the Pious, Bonus to Constitution, proc 'Iron Leash')
    Archai =>Master of Rock's Lyre (Stoneskin aura, Bonus to Stamina, proc 'irresistable' for 3 secs)

This means, if you have already created the Class Epic and the Race ones, you just have to add the flavour of the 2nd.

Evoras, doesn't plan on playing a Bard thankfully...

• 521 posts
    May 30, 2017 6:33 AM PDT

My sword would be called Libum, forged with the spirit of an ancient sorcerer Elric, who fancied small pastries with an unhealthy obsession. The sword has the power to draw life force from nearby entities to heal the wielder, with an occasional side effect causing the wielder to endure violent paranoia, that can only be cured from the consumption of something sweet.

• 110 posts
    May 30, 2017 7:57 AM PDT

bobwinner said:

Moss-Covered Can of Whoop'Ass

DMG : 4

DLY : 10

Proc : Rust, disease DoT, disable natural regen, 1 DMG per tick, makes a CLONK sound when it procs.

WRONG! (lol) ... Anything named "Moss-Covered" must be DMG 1, DLY 1. Because of the twig. ;)

• 110 posts
    May 30, 2017 8:00 AM PDT

You can't go wrong with the paladin fiery weapons from EQ, but I would love a paladin epic weapon that would be the absolute scourge of undead. I mean, paladins would be able to out-DPS any class in the game against undead with this sword/mace/hammer/weapon/thing. 

• 35 posts
    May 30, 2017 10:02 AM PDT

Mug of Neverending Ale (Hardrock's Redemption):

Damage: A lot
    Delay:  A lot
    Accuracy: Negative a lot
    Effect:  Major Acclimation (Frigid)

Lore: Crafted in the ancient halls of Khadassa to commemorate the arrival of King Khazas, this ceremonial gift was frequently the guest of honor at many feasts as well as during the longest and coldest nights in Whitehaw. The Mug was banished from the Dwarven realm during the Age of Chaos after Commander Hardrock was seen with the Mug the night after a successful battle against the armies of Haethus-Kevgrejl at Hjaat t'dor.  While the Dwarven army celebrated their hard fought victory, Haethus-Kevgrejl personally led a successful counter-attack on the Commander's base camp, one of the few victories the Ravaging Lord had in Whitehaw. While the Mug was never officially chronicled as a factor in the Dwarven loss, that was the last battle Commander Hardrock ever saw defeat.  Historians questioned if the Commander's string of victories was due to his physical prowess and tactical genius, or strength of will after the embarrasment at Hjaat t'dor.  As such, 150 years later, the artifact was renamed as "Hardrock's Redemption" proving the value of the Dwarven artifact may not be the fist that wields it, but the redemption that follows.

Who wouldn't want a mug of never ending ale?

This post was edited by Revjak at May 30, 2017 10:22 AM PDT