Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A Challenge for you All

• 9115 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:01 AM PST

In 25 words or less, explain your single best memory in any game ever created and include why you feel it was your best memory. :)

• 238 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:11 AM PST

First Plane of Fear break in. Getting put into groups outside the portal and having the RL yell Group 1 GO, Group 2 GO! The adrenaline as the number got closer to your group. Zoning in and looking around for the first time and it looked like the beach scene for Saving Private Ryan.

To many words =-(

• 8 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:15 AM PST

"Train to Zone.  Throne room, Crush, and DVinn..."-Elf

"Bring it to the Tents."-Ogre

"okay?"-Elf

"Im Hungry"-Ogre

• 9115 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:16 AM PST

Xonth said:

First Plane of Fear break in. Getting put into groups outside the portal and having the RL yell Group 1 GO, Group 2 GO! The adrenaline as the number got closer to your group. Zoning in and looking around for the first time and it looked like the beach scene for Saving Private Ryan.

To many words =-(

Still a cool memory though man, nice job :)

• 9115 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:16 AM PST

Ummaguma said:

"Train to Zone.  Throne room, Crush, and DVinn..."-Elf

"Bring it to the Tents."-Ogre

"okay?"-Elf

"Im Hungry"-Ogre

Hahaha nice :D

• March 6, 2017 4:27 AM PST

First time in Blackburrow Beta. I wonder what this gnoll is standing infront of the hollowed tree for? Oh crap, someone help me!!!!

• 2 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:27 AM PST
    My first raid in EQ....we zerged pretty much all of PoFire to get to Fennin Ro before another guild that was going for the same raid target....I got charmed lagged out...and I think wipes the raid....we still made it to Fennin Ro first and got the kill
    • 1 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:36 AM PST

That's an easy quest. I have two stories to share.

Level 13 magician gets ported to North Ro to venture into the Oasis. Does not know what rabies are or how to cure them.

Levelr 45 warrior goes for the first time in Solb on a Nagafen raid. Nagafen dies and so does the warrior feared in lava. The raid forgets about the little warrior gnome and ports out. I guess that's the day I found out Necromancers could summon corpse and res.

• 624 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:45 AM PST

Joining the Soerbaird (all bard RP guild) on Fennin Ro, and the server wide player-run Saga of the Gresh'Maj. Several hundred involved, fun achieved!

The tools were limited, but not the imagination

• 409 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:46 AM PST

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 8:09 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:54 AM PST

First successful AE bard swarm kite, and netting like 8-12 AA on that pull, but not counting the days/hours put into perfecting/nonlagging. 

*Edit- maybe it was 5-8, but it was a boatload. 

This post was edited by nooblarz at March 6, 2017 4:55 AM PST
    • 780 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:59 AM PST

Running in slow motion down the path to orc lift and getting there just in time for the guards to save me from the orcs.

• 2138 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:07 AM PST

hearing reading reactions to corpse pile floating towards zone.

None could see consented rogue(hide) dragging.

I was no longer scared.

People talking, shouting, answering. 

This post was edited by Manouk at March 6, 2017 5:10 AM PST
    • 5 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:09 AM PST

Early EQ. There are so MANY fun and exiting memories from that time. The best and most nerving, must be the weeks of training for best of the best contests. Wizards (1vs1) pvp fight server and worldserver finals.

• 44 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:17 AM PST
    First time beating Twin Gods in Solteris with my guild. Had been working on it for a while and the payoff was intense satisfaction.
    • 37 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:24 AM PST

As a crafter one day, helping supply tons of siege equipment on the fields while the battle teams won every keep in DAOC. Was glorious!

• 9115 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:26 AM PST

Nice job! I am surprised so many of you kept it under 25 words, I thought it would be more of a challenge for you haha ;)

• 626 posts

*First week in EQ*

A snake kicks you for 2 points of damage.

You killed a snake.

Ding level 2!

• 279 posts

Playing Snatcher (Sega CD) at 11 years old, with my best friend. Writing down clues on real paper. Taking turns when we got stuck.

^24^

Why: It was an amazing mature rated game with great story, soundtrack, and full voice acting. It wasn't easy and working together with my friend to beat it was the best of times. Listening to the soundtrack every now and then is always a fond reminder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4PAIucPM4

• 4 posts
    March 6, 2017 6:51 AM PST

Stealthy travel for the sake of avoiding mobs and neutral and evil aligned players (played on Sullon Zek). Ambushing neutrals and evils and taking their coin. 

• 2 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:03 AM PST

Early VG, random group. log out in Qalia on someone's boat. Log in next day in N Thestra. Low level dark elf. On Varking.

Woo 24!

• 556 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:09 AM PST

Maybe not my top but still a goodie:

First MC raid (wow), finally learning why they always yelled "put your back to the wall" as I flew 50 ft into lava.

• 77 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:14 AM PST

Buy Disc

Excited

Launch Game

Play. Meet Friends

Play 72 hours straight.

Sleep. Repeat.

• 10 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:24 AM PST

The first time you log in and discover a new world. So many possibilities, the horizon is so far away, wonder what's over it.

• 801 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:31 AM PST

Friend called, Check out Everquest 1998-1999. "Your in our world Now" 5 minutes later "You have been slain by a beetle"

This post was edited by Crazzie at March 6, 2017 7:31 AM PST