Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A Challenge for you All

• 801 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:33 AM PST

Xonth said:

First Plane of Fear break in. Getting put into groups outside the portal and having the RL yell Group 1 GO, Group 2 GO! The adrenaline as the number got closer to your group. Zoning in and looking around for the first time and it looked like the beach scene for Saving Private Ryan.

To many words =-(

That was my first big raid, one of the best moments seeing 100 players all go for evil things... it truely was awesome. Ill never forget my time in fear, and i always tried to go back solo or small group due to its sheer fun factor.

• 184 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:37 AM PST

In ~20 years of console gaming/MMOs, my #1 is still defeating Ruby/Emerald weapon in FF7. When I analyze why (I've been in a top 10 and top 100 world guild in EQ/WoW), it's because of the true rarity/singularity it made me because of doing it before friends and there inability to beat it until years later when we'd grown up. Ultimately, time IS required to create an epic experience, but in an epic experience like FF7, "time" never felt trivial. Someting was always accomplished and bringing you to the next stage. You have to make people feel special in some way for it to be forever memorable. Pleeeeease please make the usual raid tree with the flagging required etc, but apart from that, create another world boss (e.g. The Sleeper) that is just 99% ridiculous even with full end game gear, augs, etc. Make that mysterious, ominous power always lurking, making us stay away AND want to see it, too. Gives end gamers something to always work toward too. Loot tables unknown, every top guild keeping tactics to themselves, etc.

PS Im sorry for the 25+ but I felt my detailed thoughts could provide unique insight among the recycled comments we're sure to see

This post was edited by Zuljan at March 6, 2017 7:50 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:42 AM PST

First character in Datestones of Rhyn. Probably the first CRPG commercially sold - I loved CRPGs.

• 5 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:17 AM PST

1999 - Getting lost in Kelethin. Pulling out graph paper and mapping the city.

Went down lift, killed by an orc. Labeled the lift "bad orcs".

• 8 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:24 AM PST

The clenched teeth, the cold sweat, fear in my eyes as I dodged chickens and rhinos to cross The Overthere to get to my group.

• 17 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:36 AM PST

I sent a PM to a friend and mispelled his character's name by one letter. That's how I met the love of my life.

This post was edited by Kaeril at March 6, 2017 8:37 AM PST
    • 22 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:03 AM PST

In Vanguard beta, I walked into a field and saw Brad/Aradune standing there. I said "I'd /bow to you if it was already implemented" and then he /bowed to me.

Slightly more words, but hey... Also my memory is failing me a bit so not 100% sure he used Aradune at the time, but for sure a name we all knew very well at the time

And I remember clearly we were in a field close to a little village that was later removed from the game for some reason. I tried to find the name of this village, but cannot find it. Anyone remember?

• 187 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:16 AM PST

EQ. Everfrost. Alone, lost, terrified, dying. From darkness, brilliant light. Life, renewal, heroism; mine now. I am become that Savior, from that moment on.

(A cleric saved and buffed me when i was lost and scared. I decided to become a cleric and have loved it beyond words.)

• 1921 posts

25 words or less?

A forest titan made of sand invaded my dining hall via my water supply.

From here.

• 2886 posts

DDO - Tower of Despair (Elite Raid):

Becoming the first Cleric in history to simultaneously tank the Shadowfiends while also solo healing the raid. (circa 2012)

• 542 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:32 AM PST

Assembling golem with evil head, unleash it upon towns.
    Beholding murder of all chicks in renaissance outfit

Crossdressing at the inn,dancing with dryads

• 595 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:40 AM PST

2ez - Meeting my future wife while playing SWTOR.  Talk about life changing!  

The game was a disaster IMO but I made out ok ;)  

• 2 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:54 AM PST

In Everquest, my guild and I took a group trip from Qeynos to Freeport as lvl 8s or lower. A true Norrathian LOTR scenario. Hilarious.

• 2 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:00 AM PST

Wow - Sartharon 3D incontent - sole survivor (Holy Pally) Bubbled and Attacked... We both Die, Just felt EPIC.

• 3016 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:04 AM PST

The day I was standing near the orc lift in beta, chattering with my new friend,  and the lift came down and killed me for ten thousand points of damage (bug)  hehe I have many memories of EQ. :)  I have played MANY online games, but best memories are of EQ,  excitement, danger, suspense.  :)       Cana

• 668 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:23 AM PST
    EQ first logging in at launch, the wonder, the awww, only a rusty blade and scraps, non stop gameplay and wonder, addiction
    lasted 10 years
    • 2752 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:31 AM PST

First time logging into EverQuest: made a human ranger and got lost in the Surefall tunnel for 10 minutes. Then made a paladin, started in Qeynos instead. :p

It was just such an incredible and new gaming experience. The whole world felt alive and everything looked and sounded amazing, I loved beating up decaying skeletons (that cackle!) and gnolls. Such a rush when they had weapons equipped and I didn't yet know rusty weapons were so bad, but that cracked staff was amazing.

Also spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't equip the belt pouch I found. Had to alt tab to try to see if anyone else had the same problem. :p

Edit: Ooo, or the GM undead invasion of Qeynos Hills. That was spectacular and fun!

This post was edited by Iksar at March 6, 2017 10:33 AM PST
    • 2752 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:33 AM PST

This post was edited by Iksar at March 6, 2017 10:33 AM PST
    • 11 posts
    March 6, 2017 11:10 AM PST

wow, reading through these posts brought back such great memories..good job all! Really shows whats missing in todays games. A small additon from me would be early EQ when the only way to sell your items was to hang out in the tunnel between zones with everyone else and spam zone chat; much more raw and real than setting up a booth on afk auto pilot. 

• 1 posts
    March 6, 2017 11:13 AM PST

Friend to GM  -  "I'm having trouble mounting my pox scarab."

GM - "Maybe he isn't in the mood!"

• 74 posts
    March 6, 2017 11:41 AM PST

In EQ2, racing to defeat Mayong Mistmoore in Mistmoore's Inner Sanctum and discover the Soulfire Staff epic quest item. Illusionist dps ftw.

• 6 posts
    March 6, 2017 11:44 AM PST

EQ - Guk runs. Cleric to enchanter: what do you mean you trained the WHOLE ZONE? enchanter: Surprise?

Rift - a few weeks post launch, many elves: "why is there a kelari in the quill that isnt dead. She must crazy"...Yes i was. 

So many memories!

• 430 posts
    March 6, 2017 12:12 PM PST

Binding on mammoth rock , only to die to mobs , respawn to die again .. taught me to never bind where i camp :)

• 173 posts
    March 6, 2017 12:18 PM PST

First spawn (ever) in Oggok.  Taking in my surroundings figuring out what to do first.  Exited, lost, and a lil scared all at the same time.

• 595 posts
    March 6, 2017 12:23 PM PST

Nikademis said:

2ez - Meeting my future wife while playing SWTOR.  Talk about life changing!  

The game was a disaster IMO but I made out ok ;)  

Honorable mentions:

VG - Swimming to some random islands north of Qalia (with no previous knowledge) and discovering Skawlra Rock for the first time - blown away!

EQ - Rolling my first toon, Wood Elf Druid and falling in love with Kelethin (visuals and music).  And then getting lost...