Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dailies for Faction or XP/Cash

• 284 posts
    January 29, 2017 6:12 PM PST

One of the things to be cognizant of is that in older model mmos like Pantheon will probably emulate the rate at which content is consumable is dramatically slower. There's typically no such thing as "completing raid content for the week"; hell in FFXI you probably could have literally played 24/7 and not run out of relevant things to do for months during ToAU and beyond. I believe that in such a system where the expectation is that you're going to be progressing basically forever dailies are less necessary.

Just as an example, in FFXI while there were some lockouts on endgame stuffs there were about 20 different types of "endgame content" to do at any given time on top of overworld boss spawns. Even if you weren't in an endgame guild most of the stuff to do could be completed by groups of 4~8 people, not to mention you could just group up and farm some monster camp for exp to get AA points.

I just think dailies are the lazy form of content you see in games like FFXIV and WoW that they use to force players to log on.

• 363 posts
    January 30, 2017 9:09 AM PST

I hate dailies. I want the freedom to go enjoy different content whenever I want, without feeling that I'm losing progress by not doing some arbitrary task every day.

• 21 posts
    February 1, 2017 11:29 PM PST

Nah - dailies feel too much like going to work.