Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Please make the females gorgeous

This topic has been closed.
    • 90 posts
    April 3, 2019 9:24 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Walpurgis said:

Iksar said:

(Also, Dark Myr are not an underwater race and haven't been for some time now in the lore)

Not to derail the thread but in the race section it states:

"They have subdued their realm of the ocean and built a glorious city in honor of Syronai."

That sounds like they built a city in the ocean to me, is there another section I am missing about them not being an underwater race?

That's a part we will have to wait for further information...

Some argue they have two forms (as shown on the website) other that they lost it (phrasing and interpretation) but nothing has been confirmed.

It's my biggest fear about myrs if this race end up beeing only elves with a few oceanic features and not as impressive as I hoped they would be.

I'm also hoping for an underwater city, that would be epic. 

• 370 posts
    April 5, 2019 12:40 PM PDT

Sunglare said:

I'm also hoping for an underwater city, that would be epic. 

This is one of those things that sounds cool when talking about but every under water level in every MMO I played was terrible. 

• 2 posts
    April 5, 2019 4:00 PM PDT

That's a hard yikes at this thread. I can get the idea but putting it in such a sexist manner is... oof. Regardless, I'm hoping for equal representation. Gals get sexy outfits? So should guys. Guys get full body armor that's historically appropriate? So should gals. (IE, no boob windows or boob plates that channel the force of a blow into the chest, making it a major structural weakness) Character options should run the gamut. Not everyone wants an attractive character, sexy character, cute character, or even 'cool' looking character. Give us options, and make sure they're well established for both men and women both. Putting emphasis on one or the other is just ridiculous. Here's hoping for realistic armor for a change. 

• 441 posts
    April 5, 2019 6:22 PM PDT
    Had to beg my wife to pledge Pantheon, she hates the famale avatars she has seen. Her words "The women in this game look like boys" She even thinks the female avatars from EQ1 look better :/ My wife also spends hours in WoW with trasnmogs and playing with hair styles. This has come to be the standard of modern MMOs and I think this game is missing the mark with female gamers. This is a balancing act as my wife also hates the Asian style of avatars that look 1/2 naked with odd boob sway. Can a middle ground be found?
    • 48 posts
    April 5, 2019 7:25 PM PDT

I hope the only ugly characters are the characters meant to be ugly, in EQ the troll or ogre for example. I don't play females in MMOs (because of guys, to be perfectly honest), but I still want my male characters to be reasonably bishounen (including up to younger 20s). I hate being forced to play average or worse ugly characters (see Nier main protag...the original, not Automata).

This said, I am not against having options to make your character ugly if you so choose. Variety is good.

• 48 posts
    April 5, 2019 7:33 PM PDT

Xurtan said:

That's a hard yikes at this thread. I can get the idea but putting it in such a sexist manner is... oof. Regardless, I'm hoping for equal representation. Gals get sexy outfits? So should guys. Guys get full body armor that's historically appropriate? So should gals. (IE, no boob windows or boob plates that channel the force of a blow into the chest, making it a major structural weakness) Character options should run the gamut. Not everyone wants an attractive character, sexy character, cute character, or even 'cool' looking character. Give us options, and make sure they're well established for both men and women both. Putting emphasis on one or the other is just ridiculous. Here's hoping for realistic armor for a change. 

Xurtan, you should watch this video about boob plate armor, because your notion about what it does is not very accurate (boob windows are another thing though, not that I mind). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KHz0qWQA9I Shadiversity does a lot of videos on midieval things.

• 37 posts
    April 5, 2019 8:59 PM PDT

Taledar said:

Yup, I'd prefer my character to look like I have a boot for a head (but please don't think I  wouldn't reather look cool too), if it meant that the females of at least a few of the races looked stunning.  I say this because my girlfriend plays mmorpgs with me and she's better than 1/2 of my RL male friends at games, but I've noticed she reallllly likes making her character look pretty.  I realize guys will do transmogs and stuff to try to make their characters look cool, but thats usually after they've progressed and don't have a lot to do so they're like screw it lets make my dude look sweet.  (some) Girls on the other hand will have an open camp at a really cool location and be like OOOO nice lets go get that right after i finish changing my characters hair color!  

TL;dr-put 75% of effort on character models into the female versions so girls will want to play the game.

-Taledar

i think VR should get her back on board 

When designing the female versions of EverQuest’s playable races, Rosie Rappaport says she sometimes took inspiration from real-world supermodels. “I liked creating these beautiful female characters, and for a lot of them I chose different supermodels at the time,” she says. The two that she distinctly remembers: using Salma Hayek’s likeness for wood elves and Tyra Banks for dark elves. Can you see the resemblance?

• 233 posts
    April 7, 2019 4:18 AM PDT

If you want gorgeous and unrealistic charcters then go play play Tera or some other asian mmo.
    Charcter creation should be realistic.
    Please no boob or ass sliders.

Women with double Ds cant kill monsters, theyed get back and neck pain.

• 3852 posts
    April 7, 2019 8:11 AM PDT

((Women with double Ds cant kill monsters, theyed get back and neck pain.))

Truth! ((emphatic cough))

• 257 posts
    April 7, 2019 8:54 AM PDT

Fembots from Austin Powers would say otherwise.

• 430 posts
    April 7, 2019 9:14 AM PDT

Grimseethe said:

If you want gorgeous and unrealistic charcters then go play play Tera or some other asian mmo.

Tell that To all Us female  Barbarians  in everquest , no slider there :P

• 3852 posts
    April 7, 2019 12:33 PM PDT

While I agree that characters should have a large amount of realism - this is far from inconsistent with having sliders. As long as the sliders don't go *too* far in either direction.

Though, while discussing boobs may be more titillating, I continue to care more about having a wide choice of hair styles and lengths and colours. I see the boobs of other characters but all I see of myself are the hair and the arse unless I stop and turn around for a selfie.

• 646 posts
    April 8, 2019 8:28 AM PDT

Grimseethe said:If you want gorgeous and unrealistic charcters then go play play Tera or some other asian mmo.

Bust sliders are used for more than just making boobs large. Personally I always want bust sliders because game devs tend to make the female character chests WAY too big for my tastes and I desperately want to tone them down. It also is a quick way to creat some variation in silhouette.

Also lol @ the thought that being beautiful (which is VERY subjective and different for everyone) is somehow unrealistic.

• 441 posts
    April 8, 2019 8:37 AM PDT

Naunet said:

Grimseethe said:If you want gorgeous and unrealistic charcters then go play play Tera or some other asian mmo.

Bust sliders are used for more than just making boobs large. Personally I always want bust sliders because game devs tend to make the female character chests WAY too big for my tastes and I desperately want to tone them down. It also is a quick way to creat some variation in silhouette.

Also lol @ the thought that being beautiful (which is VERY subjective and different for everyone) is somehow unrealistic.

Everything in your post is how my wife feels. She does not want Tera style avatars but she wants to feel that her avatar look feminine and beautiful and she cant tell the difference between male and female avatars from the screens she has seen so far. When I tell her what ones are female, she thinks they look like boys not women. She also thinks bust size in MMO tend to be too large but that does not mean female avatars can’t have a female silhouette. 

• 441 posts
    April 8, 2019 8:49 AM PDT

My suggestion to the devs. Make silhouette of the male and female avatar of the same race. Scale them to the same size and ask yourself. How much of a difference is there between the two? Can you tell without very close speculation? If not, maybe this should be visited.

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at April 8, 2019 8:51 AM PDT
    • 646 posts
    April 8, 2019 10:19 AM PDT

Nanfoodle said:My suggestion to the devs. Make silhouette of the male and female avatar of the same race. Scale them to the same size and ask yourself. How much of a difference is there between the two? Can you tell without very close speculation? If not, maybe this should be visited.

Body type options will allow people to have different silhouettes. I don't think that all male and female versions must be distinctly different in silhouette, but I certainly think there should be a range of options. What I choose would really depend on the character concept I'm developing for that particular character.

• 1033 posts
    April 8, 2019 3:07 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

My suggestion to the devs. Make silhouette of the male and female avatar of the same race. Scale them to the same size and ask yourself. How much of a difference is there between the two? Can you tell without very close speculation? If not, maybe this should be visited.

Thing is, technically, and stastically occuring yes, you can tell the difference. Males and females are different biologically, scientifically and there are distinct aspects between them that are dead giveaways. Are there very limited, and specific situations where this is questionable, absolutely, but they are the exception, not the norm. 

• 9115 posts
    April 8, 2019 4:31 PM PDT

Folks, this is a 4 yr old post that cannot be discussed maturely and continues to be taken way off-topic, so for that reason, it is being closed, please do not start a new topic on this or it will be removed without warning.

We have officially stated in the FAQ what our plan is for the female characters, so please refer to it if you're unsure.

Thread has been cleaned up, lot's off off-topic still remain, hence the reason for locking it.

Refer also to a similar locked thread for further thoughts/discussion: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5287/request-female-character-model-in-the-next-stream/view/page/9

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 9, 2019 8:18 PM PDT