Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Please make the females gorgeous

This topic has been closed.
    • 154 posts
    November 5, 2015 11:42 AM PST

Zandil said:

Carrera said:

Female here.<--- Just say no to the chain mail bikini. 

I hear ya, oh the nipple rash, full plate bikini over mail anyday ;)

lmao

• 409 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:16 PM PST

"Gorgeous" is relative and subjective. Just be as willing to spend development cycles on the female characters and customizations as the male. And please, please, please, give the same number of scowling, angry, evil customizations to the ladies as the men. Every game that allows for serious customization of an avatar has like 2-5x as many badass expressions for the men as they do for the women. Venjenz will not be in Terminus to make friends and bake cookies for the menfolk, so I should be able to choose from a plethora of seriously evil scowls.

• 154 posts
    November 6, 2015 2:12 AM PST

Venjenz said:

"Gorgeous" is relative and subjective. Just be as willing to spend development cycles on the female characters and customizations as the male. And please, please, please, give the same number of scowling, angry, evil customizations to the ladies as the men. Every game that allows for serious customization of an avatar has like 2-5x as many badass expressions for the men as they do for the women. Venjenz will not be in Terminus to make friends and bake cookies for the menfolk, so I should be able to choose from a plethora of seriously evil scowls.

Tbh everyone might not agree on a woman that is the most beautiful, but I feel like most people can agree if a girl is pretty or not, whether they are that persons type or not.

• 51 posts
    November 7, 2015 9:22 AM PST

There should be plate armor wearing females whose bosoms are well pronounced simply because their blacksmith fashioned them so. They should also have the opportunity to be scantly clad should they so desire. Most woman on Earth enjoy the attention of the opposite sex and Terminus should be no different!

Hooray!

• 126 posts
    November 7, 2015 2:23 PM PST

Valith said:

There should be plate armor wearing females whose bosoms are well pronounced simply because their blacksmith fashioned them so. They should also have the opportunity to be scantly clad should they so desire. Most woman on Earth enjoy the attention of the opposite sex and Terminus should be no different!

Hooray!

It's true that most women enjoy the attention of the opposite sex, but that applies to men also. And actually it depends on the kind of attention.

I can only speak for me of course, but I met so many men in online games who behaved like primates after they heard a woman's voice in Teamspeak that I'd rather dress my character heavily from tip to toe avoiding said "attention". Probably they even thought they were flirty and witty and had no idea that they were just intrusive and bugged me big time.

This post was edited by Duffy at November 7, 2015 2:24 PM PST
    • 57 posts
    November 7, 2015 6:53 PM PST

For sure, being able to play an attractive character is something I enjoy. It seems like there's been a push for years now to freak out about "sexualization" specifically of female characters, and I think it's usually hugely overblown. In most cases, I would say the males are similarly idealized, and I certainly enjoy looking at them. The only exceptions I can think of are a couple of specific races like Lineage II dwarves where the females are very attractive and the males are very not... But I don't know, maybe in some cases even that can make sense, or the reverse.

I like the characters in Pantheon's concept art so far. They make me want to play a halfling and stare at archai. I think the mood the art sets is one of the biggest draws. If the game can do the art some justice, I'm super happy with that!

• 39 posts
    November 7, 2015 10:02 PM PST

As long as it's done tastefully its cool. No reason for them not to look like women though.

• 57 posts
    November 8, 2015 1:54 AM PST

I don't know, I think gnomes in this case, being without "true" physical bodies, are set up well to be androgynous. Then again, maybe it's important to them to try to preserve the idea.

• 1778 posts
    November 8, 2015 9:33 AM PST

Thats an interesting point KC. Whichever way the lore goes is cool with me on them. Ive actually been leaning towards gnomes since the new site reveal. Ive been thinking about how in char creation the masks might be very signifiant feature as they have no face. Maybe it conveys tribe, sect, faith, and even sex? Also I was basically thinking what you said above about it being important to perserve the idea of being male or female, because they have no true bodies. It will be interesting to see what they do with gnomes in this regard

/end Gnome char creation derail

• 563 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:05 PM PST

Kinda necro'd here but,

As long as the female toons don't look like we're going clubbing when we're going raiding or questing etc. :P

And on the topic of a breastplate formed to have boobs, that would never be a feasable design because it can't deflect a trust attack, the blade would be guided into the chest and heart making the wearer MUCH easier to kill than if the breastplate directed the trust to either side.

Again sorry to necro the thread, but this is one of the reasons I hate so many modern MMORGPS, the oversexualization of the women in them, and (though not as systematic) the oversexualization of the male characters in ALOT of the newer MMO's as well (like TERA).

I'll have a very hard time playing (and my sister won't at all) if most character look like they are exotic dancers.

Rachael

• 1434 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:21 PM PST

I think there is a middle ground on female shaped armors. You can still have the semblance of the female form without it being trashy or even looking vulnerable.

Personally this doesn't make or break anything, but just because armor 500 years ago looked like people wearing tin cans doesn't mean it has to look like that in Pantheon. I can tell you right now, if we were still running around with swords and armor today, chances are they'd look dramatically different than the designs from the middle ages.

• 563 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:32 PM PST

Dullahan said:

but just because armor 500 years ago looked like people wearing tin cans doesn't mean it has to look like that in Pantheon.

I'm not saying anything about erasing the female form in the armour, boobs aren't the only thing we have that makes us look femanine, I'd think the waist/hips would be more of a giveaway, or shoulder/back girth.

Just pointing out boob's in breastplate, regardless of the time setting would be detrimental and possibly deadly to the wearer. Imagine you fell forward wearing that armor, you'd probably sustain a substantial injury (possibly broken bones) just from the depression between the breast being driven into your chest.

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at February 11, 2016 8:33 PM PST
    • 1434 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:49 PM PST

What if it was rounded in between and rounded on the inside? There doesn't have to be pronounced seams and valleys to still have a shape. And I agree, this isn't just about the top half. I'm just saying, you don't have to etch an exact imprint of someone's body into plate armor to still have the form.

Just an example I pulled from the internetz:

I'm not asking for boob physics over here, but I do want it to look good.

• 563 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:07 PM PST

I just dont understand the need for the molded/formed breasts in a breastplate, I too found some examples of great looking breastplates, all these pictures are clearly of women and they haven't somehow lost all semblance of femaninity just because we can't see all the contours of their chests.

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at February 11, 2016 9:11 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 12, 2016 1:26 AM PST

Rachael said:

I just dont understand the need for the molded/formed breasts in a breastplate, I too found some examples of great looking breastplates, all these pictures are clearly of women and they haven't somehow lost all semblance of femaninity just because we can't see all the contours of their chests.

Rachael

That is actually perfect for what I would envision a fantasy woman in armour to look like (I like the first pic the best) and it also brings to attention the weapon and armour, not just the females looks! The moulded breasts in Dullah's post is what turns me off females in fantasy games, it just looks so over the top in my opinion but each to their own. :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 12, 2016 1:27 AM PST
    • 1434 posts
    February 12, 2016 2:44 AM PST

To me, the above look gender neutral beyond the long hair and exaggerated pose. I could crop the hair off in photoshop and you'd have 3 pictures of men.

Call me old fashioned, but I like when women look like women.

But like you said, to each his (or her ;p) own.

This post was edited by Dullahan at February 12, 2016 2:57 AM PST
    • 563 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:01 AM PST

Dullahan said:

To me, the above look gender neutral beyond the long hair and exaggerated pose. I could crop the hair off in photoshop and you'd have 3 pictures of men.

Tell me, why is it that you need the game to cater to your sexual desires?

All three of those pics, even if they were bald would in no way look like men... You have a VERY skewed veiw of how women look, I guess anyone below a C-cup is a man to you right?

I guess we should include some penis sleves and giant cod peices otherwise we might not be able to tell if the men are really men under that armour.

Rachael

• 1434 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:11 AM PST

Rachael said:

Dullahan said:

Tell me, why is it that you need the game to cater to your sexual desires?

All three of those pics, even if they were bald would in no way look like men... You have a VERY skewed veiw of how women look, I guess anyone below a C-cup is a man to you right?

I guess we should include some penis sleves and giant cod peices otherwise we might not be able to tell if the men are really men under that armour.

Rachael

Spin spin SPIN!!!!

Having women that look like women is not about my sexual desires, its about my perception of what is normal. Dressing women up in men's armor so they can look tough doesn't look normal to me. Their ability to swing a sword and slay bad guys is tough enough.

Thanks for revealing your real hang up though, and no I couldn't give a **** less about the breast size.

• 563 posts
    February 12, 2016 3:19 AM PST

Dullahan said:

Spin spin SPIN!!!!

Having women that look like women is not about my sexual desires, its about my perception of what is normal. Dressing women up in men's armor so they can look tough doesn't look normal to me. Their ability to swing a sword and slay bad guys is tough enough.

Thanks for revealing your real hang up though, and no I couldn't give a **** less about the breast size.

Thats just It, those aren't pics of women in "mens" armour, not even close lol.

And enlighten me, whats my real hang up? That I'm sick of seeing over sexualized representations of women in MMO's?

Rachael

• 1434 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:17 AM PST

No one suggested anything be oversexualized, that is merely a construct of your own imagination. Sorry it offends you that women look like women.

Is that you Anita?

• 563 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:28 AM PST

Dullahan said:

No one suggested anything be oversexualized, that is merely a construct of your own imagination. Sorry it offends you that women look like women.

Is that you Anita?

Still looks like a woman, but nice try.

Im guess you're the ruling authority on how women should look, sorry to have offend your oh so delicate sensibilities.

• 9115 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:47 AM PST

Ok, let's not attack each other over it, it comes down to personal preference but come on, in no way do any of those pics look like a male! You need glasses, man! They have very feminine curves without the need of a huge moulded shiny breastplate to tell us they are women but either way, it is a personal thing, let's not argue over opinions, please.

Let's also leave real world issues out of our fantasy game! There are no Anita's here, move along.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 12, 2016 4:48 AM PST
    • 1434 posts
    February 12, 2016 4:54 AM PST

Dude, she totally went full blown feminazi on me for suggesting that armor should look gender specific. Lets not pretend I made this a problem.

• 103 posts
    February 12, 2016 6:32 AM PST

bigdogchris said:

I'm not really sure what you're asking for here, but I think we need to be careful. When it comes to armor, I want female and male armor to look the same. If you want casual clothing that may be more risqué, fine. We've talked about adding optional clothing sets that characters can wear when out of combat, but they should definitely not be going into battle with their boobs hanging out.

Why? Look im not saying make the next TERA but this is high fantasy fiction, not a medieval simulator. No one complains about this unrealistic "armor rating" when male characters wear a loincloth and leather straps into battle. The more variety the better. If his girlfriend (and many many other females out there) wants to look sexy, it only helps with the games appeal if they have that option. Hell, anyone who wants to make any character they want should be able to within the limits of what is do able.

• 106 posts
    February 12, 2016 6:41 AM PST
    I'm for hot female toon in stunning armor. I'm not afraid to admit that I have at least one female toon on any account I have ever had.

You can't say that hot warriors (meaning fighters of all skill) in skimpy outfits aren't in fantasy. Magical armor can be semi unrealistic. Now if you're waring "The Emperor's New Clothes," that maybe stretching it a bit.