Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 178 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:45 PM PDT

PvE and like to RP.

PvP I enjoyed in DAoC - but that was the purpose of DAoC. Never enjoyed it anywhere else and have no inkling to do it in Pantheon.

• 48 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:52 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

While Pantheon is primarily a PvE game we will have separate PvP servers - so let's do a quick head count - How many PvP and RP fans do we have within our awesome community? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I was going to ask the question of server divisions. Are we looking at more of a mega server type archetecture like ESO where there will be very limted servers Like standard, RP, and PVP, or are we looking more like a traditional game where there are several different servers for everyone?

I know its a bit early to say it would even be popular enough to have several even standard servers, but comparing WOW to ESO some WOW servers are ghost towns while ESO uses it mega shard server to always have people around simply due to them not being split up between so many servers. Which honestly after playing so many games over time I feel is detrimental to the community due to fragmentation. 

What are your thoughts?

• 162 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:59 PM PDT

I am all PvE, I hate PvP, granted it brings in a new challenge, but if the game is made challenging enough then you don't even need PvP. 

All that being said here is my biggest problem with PvP, the constant changes. The buffs and nerfs that go around and these developers call it "Balancing" but it never seems balanced, it always seems that one class always comes out on top, not just statistically better, but better skills too. It's a side of the game that I absolutely hate. 

• 612 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:05 PM PDT

I prefer PvE... I don't mind roleplay as well but I probably wouldn't play on a server with strict roleplay rules (formal or informal).

• 264 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:05 PM PDT

I am one of those few who enjoys it all. I really enjoy PvE a lot when it is done well, and I greatly enjoy PvP when its done right. I am also a bit of a roleplayer...I prefer to play my character in a fashion coinciding with the lore of my race/class/faction. I'm more excited for the PvE and RP possibilities with Pantheon because that seems to be the focus, I doubt I am going to roll on a PvP server if little to no development is going into it. I'd probably do what I did in EQ and roll an alt on a PvP server for fun but not delve into it too much.

• 67 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:24 PM PDT
    PvE only :)
    • 9 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:56 PM PDT

Pve only here for these types of games. PvP i prefer FPS. I enjoy rp servers mainly for the naming policy as i find it more immersive. If they are overly strict on rp rules though I tend to avoid them.

• 388 posts
    May 31, 2018 11:03 PM PDT

PVE ONLY. 

• 5 posts
    June 1, 2018 2:58 AM PDT

PvP

• 724 posts
    June 1, 2018 2:58 AM PDT

I prefer PvE, although I also enjoyed the excitement of games like EVE, or of games with mixed PvE / PvP like Aion or Archeage. I also like team PvP (two teams fighting it out in a specific place or zone). However true openworld, always/everywhere PvP is not what I want.

• 228 posts
    June 1, 2018 6:05 AM PDT

PvE only

• 168 posts
    June 1, 2018 6:25 AM PDT

PvE all the way here with RPing in GM events :). I believe PVP breads too much nerfing and is one of the key factors responsible for item power inflations. (trying to deal with the complete imbalance that is created through class nerfing because the community complains that "bards are OP because I cant even get a swing off")

This post was edited by Kargen at June 1, 2018 6:28 AM PDT
    • 201 posts
    June 1, 2018 6:34 AM PDT

PvE and RP. No interest in PvP.

• 63 posts
    June 1, 2018 8:29 AM PDT

I prefer PvE, indifferent about role playing, and PvP is okay at times.

• 96 posts
    June 1, 2018 10:01 AM PDT

As far as MMO's go, I'm 90% PvE...I go to other genres for my PvP fix.  

I don't mind there being pvp aspects to my MMOs, and sometimes enjoy them if done right.  But the PvE decides whether I'll keep playing an MMO.

• 12 posts
    June 1, 2018 11:16 AM PDT

PVP mostly here, in every game. EQ1 was the only time I ever enjoyed non PVP at all. 

• 1 posts
    June 1, 2018 11:28 AM PDT

Focus on one and do it right, or seperate pvp and pve modes.
    Otherwise you're unlikely to get a balanced (pvp) or fun and creative (pve) experience.

Love both pve and pvp if done right and a bit of rp can add to the immersion immensely.
    For pantheon pve is the focus and i doubt i would enjoy the pvp servers.

Definitely will give the pvp server a try though, maybe it'll chance my opinion.

This post was edited by ceylontea at June 1, 2018 11:30 AM PDT
    • 393 posts
    June 1, 2018 12:50 PM PDT

I'm mostly PvE. 

But I do really enjoy factional PvP or realm vs realm PvP a lot.

And I prefer to have RPrs on my server. I find that they add to the environment and immersion quality than PvErs and PvPrs ever will.

• 201 posts
    June 1, 2018 5:54 PM PDT

muscoby said:

PvE and like to RP.

PvP I enjoyed in DAoC - but that was the purpose of DAoC. Never enjoyed it anywhere else and have no inkling to do it in Pantheon.

Exactly how I feel.

• 752 posts
    June 1, 2018 7:10 PM PDT

This is a FFA headcount. Answer truthfully. I like PVE mainly, but if i am having fun with comrades i do dabble in PVP. In an arena or gladiator pit or other PVP only area. This isnt about if a server were offered would you play on it kinda thing. This is an honest elaboration of what you like to do! If you like Roleplaying speak up! I can tolerate some RP, but my brother ruined that experience through countless DnD outings..... 

• 432 posts
    June 1, 2018 7:55 PM PDT

RP with a dash of PVP now and again. (But this is an RP vote)

-Todd

• 261 posts
    June 1, 2018 8:04 PM PDT

PvE for me only as well.

• 38 posts
    June 1, 2018 9:44 PM PDT

PVP

• 8 posts
    June 1, 2018 9:56 PM PDT

I'll be joining a PvE server. I've read people talk about how much they enjoy the communities in RP servers, so I may try that out. 

• 209 posts
    June 1, 2018 9:57 PM PDT

Total PvE player here. Not into PvP at all. Though I'd be interested in trying an RP server.