Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Body type customization

• 107 posts
    May 10, 2018 11:59 AM PDT

Will we have any flexability with the body type of our characters in pantheon? In so many games literally everyone is mega muscled and it feels a bit odd to me. Will I be able to make someone skinny, fat, muscular, average, hairy backed, smooth, tatooed, body scarred, large bellied with muscular arms, etc etc etc. So many games have ridiculous options for the face but when I see other players it is nearly impossible to even see the subtle facial differences. Body differences would be a better form of customization in my opinion.

I need a grossly overweight hobbit I can name Wilford Brimley to run around telling people to check their blood sugar and check it often.

Diabetes.

• 239 posts
    May 10, 2018 12:18 PM PDT

This level of customization is fairly typical with most games now a days. I am not apeaking from any true knowledge, but I would be surprised if they ONLY had face/hair options. Not sure how detailed they would get with each limb, but I would think an overall body size option.

• 287 posts
    May 10, 2018 12:22 PM PDT

zendrel said:

I need a grossly overweight hobbit I can name Wilford Brimley to run around telling people to check their blood sugar and check it often.

Diabetes.

I need for this to happen for you too! lol

• 3852 posts
    May 10, 2018 3:55 PM PDT

I would be quite surprised if they didn't have this - it is so common.

Given that 99% of our playing time we see the back of our character's head and the tush probably time spent on butt options might be better spent than on face options.

Width of behind, shape of left butt cheek, shape of right butt cheek, height - VR can do for arses what Conan did for boob options.

I'm sure they are creative enough - calling them too stodgy would be a bum rap. I can't wait for alpha to start when I can race to the character creation screen - I will NOT be left behind!

This post was edited by dorotea at May 11, 2018 7:51 AM PDT
    • 98 posts
    May 10, 2018 7:12 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Width of behind, shape of left butt cheek, shape of right butt cheek... a bum rap.

I see what you did there :)

• 2886 posts
    May 11, 2018 5:24 AM PDT

Yes. From Istuulamae: "We will have race-specifric sliders that will allow for reasonable and appropriate variance... I can't say whether or not the norms of the final iteration will be more to your liking, but I can say that we're not done tinkering with proportions, relative size and so on."

In the Jim Lee stream, you can see the currest state of the character creation screen with several customization sliders. Expect it to see some more improvements before launch.

Also see:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8331/how-far-will-the-character-creation-customization-will-go

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6995/using-slides-for-character-creation/view/page/1

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6671/how-in-depth-is-character-customization

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 11, 2018 5:24 AM PDT
    • 107 posts
    May 11, 2018 8:55 AM PDT
    Oooo. My fat Hobbit dream might come true!
    • 1281 posts
    May 17, 2018 8:46 AM PDT

One thing I would like to see is the ability to set your main-hand.  For some people, they may want to play a left-handed character, which would make their left hand their main-hand.  Part of the reason that this is important is that some classes, the Rogue as an example, certain abilities like backstab, are done with the main-nand and require a specific type of weapon in it.