Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You Can Only Pick One!

• 74 posts
    August 3, 2017 6:11 PM PDT

rencil said:

People should remember that in EQ you got 8 slots in your inventory to carry, equivilent to hands holding items, so no bags should be given unless earnt.  Weight reduction bags should be like level 30+

Hey rencil, they didn't say the ask would have to be reasonable! They said what would you ask for if you could ask for any one thing! When someone gives you a wish, you don't limit yourself! :P Unless you're playing dungeons and dragons. In that case, maybe buy the DM a pizza and a 12 pack before you make a wish. Just in case.

Nymphey said:

And to everyone else... are y'all high? fungies? weight reduction bags? Why not just ask for an item that instantly lvls you to max, gives you a set of the best gear, maybe even plays the game for you? lol

Nymphey, because that would ruin the game! The purpose of the game is to level up and enjoy the journey. I'm a hoarder and a collector. I know this about myself. In EQ, whenever a strange item dropped that was almost certainly a quest item, I stored it away until I got a wizard to identify it and tell me about it. You never knew what would help someone else out or come in handy!

Having to stop my adventuring due to inventory space concerns and trudge all the way back to a merchant or bank and sell or store everything is the antithesis of fun for me. Especially because I'm an explorer-type and usually like to go as long as possible out in the wild, mapping and uncovering secrets in ruins and such. Immersion breaking or not, I'd love an inventory I could just stuff to the gills forever. Inventory management is one of the few aspects of oldschool games I wish they wouldn't include. It's just not fun to me. *shrug*

• 40 posts
    August 3, 2017 6:46 PM PDT

TheWingless said:

Nymphey, because that would ruin the game! The purpose of the game is to level up and enjoy the journey. I'm a hoarder and a collector. I know this about myself. In EQ, whenever a strange item dropped that was almost certainly a quest item, I stored it away until I got a wizard to identify it and tell me about it. You never knew what would help someone else out or come in handy!

Having to stop my adventuring due to inventory space concerns and trudge all the way back to a merchant or bank and sell or store everything is the antithesis of fun for me. Especially because I'm an explorer-type and usually like to go as long as possible out in the wild, mapping and uncovering secrets in ruins and such. Immersion breaking or not, I'd love an inventory I could just stuff to the gills forever. Inventory management is one of the few aspects of old-school games I wish they wouldn't include. It's just not fun to me. *shrug*

True and I agree, I also hoarded in EQ, a lot. Even useless junk, but I still think you should only be able to carry X amount based on your strength, the coin should have weight, and falling off cliffs should kill you. If I opened my inventory and say all 5000 items I have collected, it would be a nightmare to find something(even tho I would have it 100% organized and know where everything was...but normal people wouldn't). 

But I wouldn't want to be able to walk around with 3 tons of crap in my "magic bag". That being said, I will admit EQ's 8 normal slots with 8-16 slot bags with a bank not much bigger was a little limiting, Had many an ult just to hold my stuff. That's why I'm a fan of Larger banks, and player housing with chests I can cram to the brim with my junk. 

• 74 posts
    August 3, 2017 6:53 PM PDT

I feel ya. I'll be ecstatic if they have large banks and player housing with storage!

• 40 posts
    August 3, 2017 7:11 PM PDT

Yeah, player housing is something I have always loved... less so if its instanced... that just seems kinda lazy, but I love to build a home in games.

• 30 posts
    August 4, 2017 1:53 AM PDT

I do not want the game turning into a competion on who has the biggest shoulder pads and sword.  There's already a thousand and one games like that, that are not epic, so go play them if you want a circus game.  Once Pantheon is released and people start likening it to Game of Thrones, EQ1, or D&D, then it's really hit the mark.

This post was edited by rencil at August 4, 2017 1:56 AM PDT
    • 114 posts
    August 5, 2017 6:49 PM PDT

greater light stone.  remember how tough those suckers were? ... then I'd sell it for 9 plat.  buy myself many many bags.

• 70 posts
    August 5, 2017 11:52 PM PDT

A light of any sort. Memories of attempting to get thru any EQ tunnel in the perfect pitch black of the unlighted twisting passages. I must have spent an hour bounching off the short tunnel between N and S Qeynos. Or under the arena. Dont even think of BlackBurrow.

• 40 posts
    August 6, 2017 12:22 AM PDT

Graysilk said:

A light of any sort. Memories of attempting to get thru any EQ tunnel in the perfect pitch black of the unlighted twisting passages. I must have spent an hour bounching off the short tunnel between N and S Qeynos. Or under the arena. Dont even think of BlackBurrow.

What are you talking about? I never had any issues with that.... tho i only played races with low-light vision :P

• 189 posts
    August 6, 2017 5:58 AM PDT

A mansion for all my trophy collections and all the room for storage that I may need. Fanks

• 399 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:40 AM PDT

fancy said:

A mansion for all my trophy collections and all the room for storage that I may need. Fanks

Agreed and no limit on the collections to put in the mansion.  Dammit, I remember I hit the limit in EQ and could not hang all my trophies I had collected over 16 years.(and no, I didn't buy stuff in the cashstore to make my house look cool!)

• 16 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

I'll have to say a big bag or some sort of speed buff/item

• 239 posts
    August 10, 2017 10:01 AM PDT
    A partner in crime. Preferably a good looking one.

Ohhh an item? The BFG from doom would do me just fine.
    • 12 posts
    August 11, 2017 2:47 PM PDT
    A rusty sword, that is alll...
    • 220 posts
    August 11, 2017 5:24 PM PDT

1 whole Gnome Pie, made of Gnome, not by Gnomes.

#priorities #PieOrNothing #OgreCookBestCook

• 21 posts
    August 12, 2017 5:04 AM PDT

I am going to have to go with backpack like 200 slots :) 

• 168 posts
    August 12, 2017 10:06 AM PDT

You know how D&D had those adventure packs you could start with, or a few coins to buy your own starting gear? .. I think something like that should be done. At player creation, give them an option of weapons/armor and/or utilities to choose to start with. So if you are making a druid and you know you will spend lots of time in the woods, maybe you would want a little staff and a knife to help harvest fruits and herbs. or if you make a dwarven warrior you could choose a giant axe and skin of ale... I think allowing minor choices at character creation would be farely simple and not game changing if you later find you chose the wrong items.

• 73 posts
    August 13, 2017 2:00 PM PDT

Nothing. I would rather start as a naked and weaponless dwarf.

If I want a bag I'll make one from the hides of rats in the newbie zones.

If I want a sword I'll take it off an orc after I beat him with a branch or catch a rusty one while fishing.

Okay, maybe a loincloth couldn't hurt.

• 17 posts
    August 15, 2017 5:59 AM PDT

Its hard to settle on a single item, but for day 1 of a new character... a trash item, more specifically a rock with super high-quality photorealistic icon of the lowest possible item quality, with the flavor text: "A new journey begins, while other kids got booster packs to see them off, I got a more practical gift personifying the value of theirs."

Take it as you will, but every new adventure reading my rock would send me off with a smile.

• 172 posts
    August 15, 2017 11:16 AM PDT

A piece of parchment that start you out on a lower level quest which results in some good faction with a local group...   and also yields a good bag.

• 42 posts
    August 16, 2017 10:35 AM PDT

A parchment with riddles to solve which would take me around my birth town and visit important persons . In the end I might get a gift - perhaps a fine cloak with my race's devices .

• 257 posts
    August 16, 2017 4:32 PM PDT

A pet cat. Or pet gnome.

• 50 posts
    August 16, 2017 5:26 PM PDT

A wooden sword because it's dangerous to go alone.

• 6 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:19 PM PDT

JBoots with stats.

Side note: I liked camping the Karanas for my JBoots (farming the birds for xp/coin while camping the Gnome), and I remember how excited I was when the Gnome finally spawned. :)

• 15 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:41 PM PDT

For me definately a larger bag with properties of weight reduction which I expect to be in the game.  My biggest pet peeve is not being able to carry around enough needed items early on.

• 50 posts
    August 16, 2017 7:27 PM PDT

Quen said:

For me definately a larger bag with properties of weight reduction which I expect to be in the game.  My biggest pet peeve is not being able to carry around enough needed items early on.

Yeah to give a serious answer that would be mine, I like to pick up pretty much anything that isn't nailed down if I'm running solo.