Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You Can Only Pick One!

• 65 posts
    July 31, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

Honestly other then underwear,  a simple branch to use as a weapon.  or a really bad knife.   Level one's should not be strong, nor should they have any armor etc.   

We should have very little gear, and should not see any +stat items till mid teens (uber rare stuff) or in 20s.

Make it hard to find great items so we remember their names.  Do not spam us with upgrades in items every level.  

Edit

Just read the quote about already getting a weapon and basic clothes.  So I am in for either a bag, or a guild note :) or a simple quest to get your first bag 

This post was edited by Demostorm at July 31, 2017 12:58 PM PDT
    • 542 posts
    July 31, 2017 8:57 AM PDT

clearly we are living in a material world :D

• 416 posts
    July 31, 2017 9:05 AM PDT

Since basic clothes and a weapon are already provided a bag was my first thought but then this is something I would really like to work towards so I say a class specific item that starts off as cosmetic but can be upgraded through various means if you choose to put in the work to do so.

Edit: After reading Bazgrim's post about the rope, I also like the idea of receiving a choice of an item that will aid in adventure not related to combat like a rope or torch or acclimation item. Something to help overcome the adversities way may face in the environment.

This post was edited by Thorndeep at August 1, 2017 8:39 AM PDT
    • 633 posts
    July 31, 2017 9:12 AM PDT

A towel, it's the most important thing you can carry.

• 189 posts
    July 31, 2017 9:31 AM PDT

Edit: Could not answer why I wanted a fine steel sword.. I am going to go with "A big backpack", doesn't need to be weight reduction, just big enough to keep me from having to hit the vendor 10x a level until I can afford another pack.

Dev's, I think there should be a bag named after Beefcake, he has been the backpack spokesman on a few threads now.

This post was edited by Fairchild at July 31, 2017 9:37 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 31, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

Rope. Without a doubt.

In D&D and other tabletop games, a rope (at least 30') is absolutely essential at creation. And since climbing will be a thing in Pantheon, a rope would make things a lot easier. They have said that there will be rope and other items to assist with climbing. While climbing may not always be necessary early on, I'd like to think you'd be significantly rewarded for climbing to certain hidden areas in low-level content. It may also help you get out of some sticky situations. Imo, only a fool would go adventuring without rope :P

• 1095 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:11 AM PDT

Scroll of Recall x2

• 2752 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:11 AM PDT

Amulet of Necropotence! Spend the whole time playing the game as a skeleton. 

• 28 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:51 AM PDT

A note telling you you've been summed by a guild master.

Nostalgia +100 points

• 1303 posts
    July 31, 2017 11:13 AM PDT

Like a lot of others, I'd like a nice large bag. I'm of the opinion that weight reduction capability should be something that people work toward and earn in their futures. But not having to constantly run to vendors/banks in the start would be a pretty significant help right out of the chute. 

• 1404 posts
    July 31, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

Bag no doubt... bigger the better, weight reduction a plus. 

• 110 posts
    July 31, 2017 11:58 AM PDT

VizualAbstract said:

A note telling you you've been summed by a guild master.

Nostalgia +100 points

Victory is yours!!! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! Now to my stuffs ...

The "You're Not Going To Give Us A +10 Sword Of Destiny At Level 1" answer: A bag. Please. BAG! I need stuff to put my stuff in!!!

The "The Worst You Can Tell Me Is No If I Ask For A +10 Sword Of Destiny At Level 1" answer: Something that gives the ability to breathe underwater.

• 294 posts
    July 31, 2017 2:13 PM PDT

I'll never have enough bag space. It is a constant and ongoing problem, so I'm going to try for something else. 

I want a decent lasso so I can catch and tame a fine horse or other mount. 

My feet are tired every day when I get home from work. At least my character won't have to walk if I get a horse.

I really want a COW !!!

This post was edited by Klumpedge at July 31, 2017 2:16 PM PDT
    • 260 posts
    July 31, 2017 2:36 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could only ask for one item to start the game with at level 1, what would it be and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

A backpack/bag of some sort. Say 6 slot one.

Just to get started when killing and looting mobs. If it is the traditonal 8 slot inventory then it will mean killing 3-4 more mobs before having to run to sell.

Everything else can be brought or gathered through adventuring. I don't wan't a super weapon to 1 kill mobs etc to start out too easy..

This post was edited by Boulda at July 31, 2017 2:41 PM PDT
    • 125 posts
    July 31, 2017 3:41 PM PDT

A backpack. Its always the first thing Im after in any mmo

• 624 posts
    July 31, 2017 3:50 PM PDT

A fine hat, preferably with a feather.

most will think this useless, but a bard must look good, before making a low level group look good.

This post was edited by Kumu at July 31, 2017 3:51 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:13 PM PDT

Definitely a bag. Hopefully a bag that you will keep forever. The kind of thing where players at higher (broader?) levels say things like "Just put it in your newbie bag!" with mild exasperation.

Never understood why. The only armor quest for mages in Erudin was for Gate callers gloves. they were black and heavy I think 4 pounds. But they surely must mean something. Then in Highhold whilst grouping with the first good monk that did not get us killed, he asked to see my gloves. Once seen he offered ot pay- dearly- for them. I thought that was silly and mentioned it wa sa simple quest and he could probably do it, If he met me there I would help him. He insisted. So I gave them to him for free, because I could get another pair any time. I got another pair. Then I understood why many levels later- those gloves were magic.

• 9115 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:21 PM PDT

Great answers as always folks, I love the variety! :D

• 2 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:36 PM PDT

I agree with the Jboots !!!  Clickies !
    Sweet crafted/quested bags w/almost no weight I would hope are in the works :) 

• 2 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:39 PM PDT

A note to go to your guild master to start a quest to get one of these items:

Chubtoad5 said: A class guild specific item that gives some definition to the class. Something that will last past lvl1, but not overpowering enough to make it easy mode Assuming you can kill monsters with bare hands and/or you start with your classes inate spells/abilities. Monk - fist wraps that increase agility Warrior - a sword that increases strength or Constitution Druid - a wreath that increases wisdom Rogue - boots that increase dexterity Wizard - a robe that increases mana or intelligence Etc.

Ideally that item can be built upon and sends me to the different area's to get the "next peice" to upgrade the item and make it better.

I would also suggest that an upgradeable bag could be available in your inventory where a similar quest can be followed via tradeskills to upgrade it accordingly.

• 17 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:41 PM PDT

I would like to have a Rersivore at level one. :P

• 2419 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:56 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could only ask for one item to start the game with at level 1, what would it be and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

A 10-dose potion of increased XP gain.  Duration 2 hours, XP increase 50%.  That should put me at lvl 20 in a day.  :)

• 178 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:05 PM PDT

A bag. It's enough to get the feel for inventory management with containers. Not a large bag and not a bag that can handle big equipment (message such as that piece of equipment is too large to fit in this bag). It also allows for more adventuring and loot gathering on start-up.

• 999 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:16 PM PDT

Like Liav said - A EQstyle Fungi tunic, because it was that Overpowered... However....when equipped or right clicked in Pantheon (You gain 1 Perception skill)! and it reveals a recording of the Pantheon Devs laughing and speaking in unison "Think again Scrub - You have to earn it in Our World" and have it replaced with a Moldy Cloth Tunic.

• 1714 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:32 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Circlet of Shadows.