Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheons Moon Illuminates the Night Sky

• 9115 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:04 AM PST

Now that the sun has set, the moon (Lauta) fills the sky and illuminates the dangers surrounding us, we better make camp and watch our backs!

Image may contain: night, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: night

Image may contain: night

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 3, 2017 1:35 AM PST
    • 279 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:27 AM PST

Some pretty deep dark spots in that moon. Wonder how much significance the moon will have in Pantheon. Awesome pics!

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:29 AM PST

Very nice.  I hope we don't end up running around up on the moon for an expansion at any point.  Lol.

EDIT:  Was just thinking I was kind of bummed because we didn't get a look at any characters there, but then I realized that I'm pretty happy about how dark it is.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at February 2, 2017 4:31 AM PST
    • 9 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:34 AM PST

Just the fact that Pantheon will have a day/night cycle is awesome. I love that it's actually dark and sp00ky when it's night outside. That's how it should be. Torches will be a big part of the game I'm assuming and needed to see in REALLY dark areas.

I love it.

• 781 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:10 AM PST

Looks Awesome !  Great job guys !

• 78 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:12 AM PST

Looks amazing - loving the draw distance!

Am already imagining a cold winter's night, with footsteps in the snow and clouded breath.

/pull out a bottle of whiskey, take a swig and pass it along.

• 9115 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:35 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

Very nice.  I hope we don't end up running around up on the moon for an expansion at any point.  Lol.

EDIT:  Was just thinking I was kind of bummed because we didn't get a look at any characters there, but then I realized that I'm pretty happy about how dark it is.

If you squint and look to the left, that big rock with a little glow, you may see a small character if that makes you happier? haha :D

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:39 AM PST

I was already cool with just seeing how dark it was, but yes, that does make me happier!  I love the draw distance.

• 112 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:40 AM PST

Great level of darkness in the game with just a hint of ambient light coming from the atmosphere in the ruins.  Makes a note to pack some torches for the journey.

Does this mean a day/night cycle has been set?  

• 763 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:59 AM PST

Must admit,
    ... when I saw this I immediately spotted something on the far laft and squinted hard .....

If I am not much mistaken (and how could I be) ...
    ... that is Aradune with his flaming sword of OP-ness there!

I'd know that face anywhere!

• 97 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:05 AM PST

Kilsin stop teasing!! Actually, wait, no please continue :)

• 563 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:13 AM PST

Great shots Kilsin! Night looks very dark and dangerous :D I predict a lot of accidental falls from ledges in my future with how dark it is lol

• 393 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:13 AM PST

Wow. Love how it changes color as it approaches the horizon! This is really great guys.

• 213 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:19 AM PST

Rachael said:

Great shots Kilsin! Night looks very dark and dangerous :D I predict a lot of accidental falls from ledges in my future with how dark it is lol

Here's to hoping levitate is still a spell we can use!

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:45 AM PST
    I like that moon! Does the moon have a name?
    • 30 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:48 AM PST

Nice moon. Are there any cats on it?

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:55 AM PST
    In the name of the moon I will punish you?
    • 138 posts
    February 2, 2017 11:27 AM PST

OH MAN!!!  These pictures are killing me here!!  Can't wait to make my AFL (AWAY FROM LIFE) MESSAGE and hang it on the front door:  "Sorry, I am AFL right now, playing Pantheon!  Please DO NOT attempt to contact me unless you subscribe to the game and wish to join me.  Thank you and have a nice day."

• 294 posts
    February 2, 2017 3:10 PM PST

Nice pics. Thanks Kilsin.

• 610 posts
    February 2, 2017 3:20 PM PST

Nice pics, Give us the name of the moon! Iirc back in the Vhalen days I think they pretty much had most of the solar system layed out and named

• 38 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:12 PM PST

Guys, I think Kilsin just mooned us. 

• 138 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:19 PM PST

Ozmani said:

Guys, I think Kilsin just mooned us. 

*spits drink all over computer laughing so hard*

• 839 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:21 PM PST

Awesome to see how dark it gets!, REALLY love the way the moon changes as it is illuminted on its path below the horizon!!

• 284 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:56 PM PST

Thanks Kilsin. All you gotta do is make it a little darker and then give us Dragon's Dogma style lanterns (complete with the PC version lantern hotkey) and it's perfect.

• 334 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:57 PM PST

Gonna need a torch/magic lightsource/night vision totem for some of these areas it looks like. I'm perfectly okay with this.