Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheons Moon Illuminates the Night Sky

• 243 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:54 AM PST

Another cool screenshot, thanks Kilsin.  Does the moon change size as it approaches the horizon, as well as change color?  Just wondering.

• 41 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:18 AM PST

Very cool screenshots.  Does the day/night cycle go from day straight to night or is there a twilight/dusk period?

• 2886 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:24 AM PST

kaifus said:

Very cool screenshots.  Does the day/night cycle go from day straight to night or is there a twilight/dusk period?

It's a full cycle. Like the real world, just at an accelerated rate.

• 41 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:32 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

kaifus said:

It's a full cycle. Like the real world, just at an accelerated rate.

Cool !!  Thanks for the information.

• 148 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:36 AM PST

These are very nice, and as others have said it's great to see a real night / darkness in an mmo again. Hopefully my Elven Infravision helps and I wouldn't be opposed to a moon based expansion if its done well - my wife loved Luclin and the Vah Shir

• 3016 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:51 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

not to be greedy, but any chance of more moons?=)

Itd make sense with a world that has lots of races from lots of different worlds to have lots of different moons from lots of different worlds maybe, or maybe even some mostly destroyed worlds floating around it...

It would certainly look cool

Hope so..that would make sense given how Terminus was formed.  That collision or collisions should have brought more than one moon...maybe twin BLUE Moons (sorry just had that in my imagination)  :)

• 38 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:59 PM PST

I love the view of this pic.

• 3016 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:01 PM PST

Ozmani said:

Guys, I think Kilsin just mooned us. 

LOL!! how did I miss that :D

• 690 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:29 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Hope so..that would make sense given how Terminus was formed.  That collision or collisions should have brought more than one moon...maybe twin BLUE Moons (sorry just had that in my imagination)  :)

Was it a planet formed by collissions? or atleast more than usual? I musta missed that part

• 9115 posts
    February 7, 2017 1:50 AM PST

Ozmani said:

Guys, I think Kilsin just mooned us. 

Hahaha, shhh it was my sneaky moon! You are the only one that called it out punk haha :D

• 3016 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:05 AM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Was it a planet formed by collissions? or atleast more than usual? I musta missed that part

Part of the lore, BeaverBiscuit:   Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen takes place on the high-fantasy world of Terminus, a wildly diverse land formed from fragments of many different realms and times, bringing with them their unique civilizations and deities. -    "Formed from fragments of many different realms and times."  Here's another lore reference:    "In 450 IH, the Third Era of Collisions began, critically starting with the aforementioned Ginto" - end quote   Hope that helps :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at February 7, 2017 11:08 AM PST
    • 134 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:13 AM PST

I really hope it stays this dark.

• 1618 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:47 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Part of the lore, BeaverBiscuit:   Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen takes place on the high-fantasy world of Terminus, a wildly diverse land formed from fragments of many different realms and times, bringing with them their unique civilizations and deities. -    "Formed from fragments of many different realms and times."  Here's another lore reference:    "In 450 IH, the Third Era of Collisions began, critically starting with the aforementioned Ginto" - end quote   Hope that helps :)

If I understand the lore correctly, the gods (or Dragons, it's unclear which or both), took parts of other planets for an unknown reason, and smashed them together to form Terminus.

• 142 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:55 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

CanadinaXegony said:

This lore could just be referencing the "Collisions of Cultures" when a new race was introduced to Terminus. It doesnt necessarily mean the collision of planetary bodies. Those types of collisions are generally mass extinction events.

Perhaps biomes have been transplanted from the various planets when each race was introduced.

I envision Terminus to be more like a final destination for a whole bunch of Noahs Arks. Each race/god, desperate to keep there species alive, gathers up all the native species and teleports them to Terminus to begin anew.