Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheons Moon Illuminates the Night Sky

• 2419 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:57 PM PST

There had better not be any cats or snakes on that moon.  Rats and mice would be OK because we all knows moons are made of cheese.

• 191 posts
    February 2, 2017 6:04 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

I hope we don't end up running around up on the moon for an expansion at any point.  Lol.

Why the moon-hate, Shuck?!  Moons are great expansion fodder in a world with teleporting wizards.  My reaction was: "Aw, just one?!" followed by "Why so desolate?!"

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 6:09 PM PST

Shai wants a Moon of Endor?

• 10 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:50 PM PST

That's really dark!! Thx for the pics Kilsin.

• 42 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:03 PM PST

So amazing !!! Takes my breath away.Thank you Kilsin

• 839 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:06 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

Very nice.  I hope we don't end up running around up on the moon for an expansion at any point.  Lol.

Maybe if when the planar collisions happened fragments exited the atmosphere from terminus and formed together to create the moon or smashed into the existing moon/s? and on board the fragments were things like what we earth humans know as "water bears" (thanks Neil DeGrasse Tyson for "The Cosmos") that survived and have now started to evolve in all sorts of ways on the terminus moon to create some new creatures.

You never know!! :p

This post was edited by Hokanu at February 2, 2017 8:14 PM PST
    • 11 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:12 PM PST

Am gonna need to kill a bunch of willowisps for a greater lightstone, from humans being blind as a bat? :D

• 191 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:21 PM PST

Amsai said:

Shai wants a Moon of Endor?

A forest moon would be pretty great, but I think if it were up to me I'd choose something with a very different biome.  Ideas:

• Ice moon with a subsurface ocean
    • Airless "hollow" moon with extensive underground cavern systems
    • Ocean moon with vast, floating vegitative masses instead of continents (example: Venus in C.S. Lewis' Perelandra)
    • Desote moon with crystal landscape
    • Shattered moon in a cloud of breathable gas.  Essentially a space-archipelago; think plane of air from EQ.
    • Something akin to the way Mars was depicted in golden-age sci-fi
    • No moon at all - Ring system instead

This post was edited by Shai at February 2, 2017 9:36 PM PST
    • 284 posts
    February 2, 2017 9:34 PM PST

Moon dungeon? We Final Fantasy now, boys and girls!

• 9115 posts
    February 3, 2017 1:36 AM PST

Amsai said: I like that moon! Does the moon have a name?

Yes, the name of our Moon is Lauta :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 3, 2017 1:36 AM PST
    • 21 posts
    February 3, 2017 1:59 AM PST

Such a romantic :-P.

• 624 posts
    February 3, 2017 3:00 AM PST

Lauta is the Serbo-Croatian word for lute.  This moon is bard approved!  Terrific screen caps Kilsin, thank you for the treat.

Of course in most languages with Baltic / Germanic roots it just means a board or plank.  And now for some reason I have the Quiznos / Joel Veitch Spongmonkeys We like the moon song stuck in my head.

This post was edited by Kumu at February 3, 2017 3:01 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 3, 2017 4:58 AM PST

Kumu said:

Lauta is the Serbo-Croatian word for lute.  This moon is bard approved!  Terrific screen caps Kilsin, thank you for the treat.

Of course in most languages with Baltic / Germanic roots it just means a board or plank.  And now for some reason I have the Quiznos / Joel Veitch Spongmonkeys We like the moon song stuck in my head.

Haha, you always find a way, Kumu! :P

• 1778 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:21 AM PST
    Yup definitely Bard approved. Thanks for getting that name info Kils. I really like the name.
    • 9115 posts
    February 3, 2017 5:31 PM PST

Amsai said: Yup definitely Bard approved. Thanks for getting that name info Kils. I really like the name.

You're very welcome :)

• 780 posts
    February 3, 2017 5:34 PM PST

Nice name.  Does Terminus have just the one moon?

• 334 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:09 PM PST

Agreed, cool name.

I wouldn't object to there being more than one moon, personally.

• 172 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:57 PM PST

I don't typically comment on the screen shot threads, as the threads just make me desperate to start playing.  However, I greatly appreciate night shots, especially of the moon.  Can't wait to actually see this in game.

• 668 posts
    February 3, 2017 7:11 PM PST

Wow, whoever programmed the moon changing its color as it nears the horizon, just gave me even more excitement of the detail this group is providing us...  Seems they are really taking their time to create a beautiful world we all can get lost in together!!

• 2886 posts
    February 4, 2017 8:19 AM PST

Cool! Hope we can visit that moon someday :)

• 3016 posts
    February 4, 2017 10:55 AM PST

Was going to state the same...greater lightstone and torches,  keep a good supply...love that night time view ..kind of spooky.   Thanks VR. :)

• 3237 posts
    February 4, 2017 11:17 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Cool! Hope we can visit that moon someday :)

That shouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possibility, either.  I haven't fully absorbed all of the game lore yet, but if every race is a refugee from another planet ... they had to get here somehow.  I agree that it would be really cool to visit the moon.  Reminds me of FF2 ... would be a cool place to see some totally off the wall type of mobs.

• 483 posts
    February 4, 2017 12:13 PM PST

Wondering what races night vision this is, also will there be diferent night vision for diferent races?

• 690 posts
    February 4, 2017 10:47 PM PST

not to be greedy, but any chance of more moons?=)

Itd make sense with a world that has lots of races from lots of different worlds to have lots of different moons from lots of different worlds maybe, or maybe even some mostly destroyed worlds floating around it...

It would certainly look cool

• 93 posts
    February 5, 2017 4:15 PM PST

Shai said:

Shucklighter said:

I hope we don't end up running around up on the moon for an expansion at any point.  Lol.

Why the moon-hate, Shuck?!  Moons are great expansion fodder in a world with teleporting wizards.  My reaction was: "Aw, just one?!" followed by "Why so desolate?!"

On FB I had the follow conversation:

ME:  Where's the portal to the moon?

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen You cannot visit Lauta ;)

ME:  I know why. That's where the devs go to hangout isn't it?! Keeping an eye on us scampering around Terminus! :P