Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Fantheon - A (semi) confirmed Event

• 41 posts
    February 8, 2017 12:25 PM PST

Pre-launch party !!!

• 168 posts
    February 8, 2017 1:47 PM PST

I'd be on-board for a Fantheon Dallas or Vegas! I never did get to make an EQ or SOE Fanfare so i'm eager to get out and mingle!

• 595 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:40 PM PST

Well, should this go forward, I can offer very cheap group rates on accommodation (I am the Sales & Marketing Manager of a hotel) should the Canadian Rockies interest anyone as a destination for Fantheon ;) (Canmore or Banff, Alberta more specifically).  Sadly, our "conference" space is nowhere near large enough to host the function itself, however, there are options for conference space away from the hotel.  And worst case, Calgary is just an hour east.

• 2138 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:46 PM PST

Here's an idea for a pre-pre-beta stress test and low-end "fantheon" all in one: Say that there will be a live chat event with all the devs and all the followers, a sort of on-line fantheon, on one of the servers they plan to use for the game- but dont tell anyone. The chat room forum would provide a casual venu by which "the people" will be more prone to express their frustration or concerns if they had issues logging in. - maybe a simple email verification to set up a user name and password like most websites do, from which "the people" would then log into.

I am brainsytorming, i know nothing about the biz.

• 393 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:54 PM PST

I'd love to go to a pre-launch (or any time ) Fantheon. Especially in Vegas granted I can get the time off.

• 668 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:58 PM PST
    I would still be highly interested...

Austin is a nice tech city and fun place doing many gaming convention stuff... I am always down for Vegas!
    Would the Pantheon team (VR) organize this then charge? How does this become a real event??
    • 2886 posts
    February 9, 2017 9:53 AM PST

Gonna put Boston out there as a suggestion as well!

• 769 posts
    February 9, 2017 11:48 AM PST

Manouk said:

Honestly if we wanted to, we could all show up at some place, with a hotel and convention center and call it a pre-pre alpha Fantheon.

Maybe in Oklahoma

I like the pre-pre Alpha Fantheon idea.

Not sure about the Oklahoma part. That's like, the WalMart of states.

I kid, I kid.

• 200 posts
    February 9, 2017 11:52 AM PST

any VR presence at PAX East confirmed?!  Would make the trek just to see the game some if they were!

• 120 posts
    February 9, 2017 6:40 PM PST

If something happens like this would there be some way to participate through live streams or something? Being disabled it is somewhat hard to travel.

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 4:59 AM PST

Eliseus said:

If something happens like this would there be some way to participate through live streams or something? Being disabled it is somewhat hard to travel.

I know BlizzCon sold virtual tickets that allowed you to watch all the main events, panels, etc. via live stream. I'm sure other cons do similar things, even for free. There's no way something like that would go completely unrecorded.

• 219 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:21 AM PST

My brother and I are in for Fantheon !!!

• 3016 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:39 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Eliseus said:

I know BlizzCon sold virtual tickets that allowed you to watch all the main events, panels, etc. via live stream. I'm sure other cons do similar things, even for free. There's no way something like that would go completely unrecorded.

I would love a livestream event,  I can't travel ..can't afford.   Also with the kaffufles happening in the USA over visas etc,  I'm not sure I would be able to attend as a Canadian visitor anyways.    So Livestream it or something similar would be a great idea for those of us who can't make it or wouldn't be allowed past the border.

• 2752 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:45 AM PST

Even if there is no Fantheon, I think having pre-launch parties would be cool (fan made). When we are near release I'd gladly meet up and have a drink with some around the Los Angeles area. 

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:47 AM PST

Iksar said:

Even if there is no Fantheon, I think having pre-launch parties would be cool (fan made). When we are near release I'd gladly meet up and have a drink with some around the Los Angeles area. 

There's launch parties for CDs and even new MtG sets... I don't see a reason to not have a launch party for an MMO!

• 26 posts
    February 10, 2017 11:00 AM PST

Kargen said:

I'd be on-board for a Fantheon Dallas or Vegas! I never did get to make an EQ or SOE Fanfare so i'm eager to get out and mingle!

I second Dallas! Nice and centralized...could rent out AT&T stadium and play on the big screen! :P

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Conans-ATT-Stadium-Clueless-Gamer.jpg

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 11:02 AM PST

Teglayen said:

Kargen said:

I second Dallas! Nice and centralized...could rent out AT&T stadium and play on the big screen! :P

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Conans-ATT-Stadium-Clueless-Gamer.jpg

That's actually an amazing idea lol

• 120 posts
    February 10, 2017 11:10 AM PST

Should do in game events! I mean not your run of the mill yearly type events, but like a stage somewhere where our characters go and watch the dev team discuss and do stuff. Then put in some mini games to participate in!

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 12:30 PM PST

Eliseus said:

Should do in game events! I mean not your run of the mill yearly type events, but like a stage somewhere where our characters go and watch the dev team discuss and do stuff. Then put in some mini games to participate in!

They've already said there will be dev events. They of course haven't given any details, but there will for sure ocassionally be ways to interact/hang out with the devs in-game. But that doesn't even come close to seeing them and other players in real life. Unless I'm misunderstand you. Need more detail about what you mean haha.

• 168 posts
    February 10, 2017 12:42 PM PST

So I think it is up to us as fans to bring this beast to life! sure we can invite the devs, but we all know they are hard at work on our future addiction and cannot expect much of an appearance outside a stream from their office cubical.  We should all start it off small by meeting at the local pub or little house parties where we talk about Pantheon and share art work, stories, ideas and visions for Pantheon. Then eventually we could organize state wide events and possible even a nation wide or WORLD wide event! .. can't start at the top though. let's get those fanclubs going and spread the word of Pantheon to our neighbors, friends, local businesses, etc.!

• 333 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:06 PM PST

I am all for it + I like the name ... nice spin on things :)