Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Fantheon - A (semi) confirmed Event

• 2886 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:18 PM PST

As long as it's on the weekend, I'd pretty much go anywhere in the country. I wouldn't at all consider Vegas to be "central," but I'd probably still go. I'm sure even most of the hotels have good-sized function halls. It's obviously pretty early to discuss details, but I'll keep an eye on this cause I'm definitely interested. 

• 1778 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:19 PM PST

Fantheon is just so awesome of a name. It makes me smile to myself far more than I probably should be, but its too perfect.

• 432 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:46 PM PST

Ah well, Europe seems to be a bit too far from Las Vegas ....

• 133 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:56 PM PST
    I'd 100% be game for this as long as said event is not planned around any major holidays. Airports suck during that time.
    • 1303 posts
    December 14, 2016 3:03 PM PST

Aradune said:

If the demand and interest is there, we'll definitely do them -- I always had a great time attending the EQ and VG events.

I've only ever attended one game-related event. Fanfaire for EQ in Seattle. Had a great time. And least the parts I remember were great. There are some significant grey areas... 

• 624 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:27 PM PST

Sign me up for the first Fantheon down under.  I want to observe Kilsin in his native environment, dancing with dingos and mezzing the 'Roos!

• 2419 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:43 PM PST

Aradune said:

If the demand and interest is there, we'll definitely do them -- I always had a great time attending the EQ and VG events.

I flew to Iceland a few times for the EVE Online Fanfests...wow what a party.  3 days, huge convention center, the entire city of Reykjavik gets into it with banners everywhere.  So if I can get to Iceland for those, getting to a Pantheon event in the US will be a breeze.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    December 14, 2016 6:27 PM PST

Kumu said:

Sign me up for the first Fantheon down under.  I want to observe Kilsin in his native environment, dancing with dingos and mezzing the 'Roos!

It's the Drop Bears that would keep me from attending....

• 47 posts
    December 14, 2016 6:43 PM PST

That would be fun! I still remember the first EQ fan faire I went to in Seattle. Seems silly now, but one of the highlights was sitting in a room watching on a big screen, the devs do a quest or an event with players, back before those were much heard of. 

• 563 posts
    December 14, 2016 6:45 PM PST

I would LOVE to go to Fantheons! Please let this be a thing in the future :D

Aradune said:

Kumu said:

Drop bear attack!

I couldn't resist, I've been watching koala videos lately :P

• 9115 posts
    December 15, 2016 3:58 AM PST

Aradune said:

Kumu said:

Hahaha, don't worry Brad, I would protect you mate, plus we have tons of great spots to ride around here, bush tracks, beaches etc. I just wish my backyard was big enough to throw a BBQ for everyone! :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 15, 2016 3:58 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:03 AM PST

Rachael said:

I would LOVE to go to Fantheons! Please let this be a thing in the future :D

Aradune said:

Kumu said:

Drop bear attack!

I couldn't resist, I've been watching koala videos lately :P

Drop Bears are just misunderstood, all they want is to be loved! But seriously, don't stand under trees or they will get you! :D

Image result for Drop Bear

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 15, 2016 4:03 AM PST
    • 1095 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:08 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Hahaha, don't worry Brad, I would protect you mate, plus we have tons of great spots to ride around here, bush tracks, beaches etc. I just wish my backyard was big enough to throw a BBQ for everyone! :)

LOL. Kilsin be like this protecting Brad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

• 9115 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:37 PM PST

Aich said:

Kilsin said:

LOL. Kilsin be like this protecting Brad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Haha, I got his back ;)

• 172 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:50 PM PST

Kilsin, did you pull that bear?

Anyway, a Fantheon sounds great!  So long as it isn't over a Holiday, I would surely be there.

• 9115 posts
    December 16, 2016 1:56 AM PST

JDNight said:

Kilsin, did you pull that bear?

Anyway, a Fantheon sounds great!  So long as it isn't over a Holiday, I would surely be there.

No, I don't pull lol ;)

• 513 posts
    December 20, 2016 11:52 PM PST

I lost count of the number of times I attended SOE fanfair.  I live here in Vegas (by the way, it's 35 degrees Farenheit right now) so my access has always been pretty good.  And I can tell you this really is THE place to hold an event like this.  They can take an even of almost any size here.  I have seen conventions that consisted of 5 people total.  And if you want FUN - try attending CES (Consumer Electronics Show) some time.  In days past the COMDEX show was here and THAT thing was monster - literally every single room in Vegas taken and companies paying homeowners for their homes for the week.

• 3016 posts
    December 21, 2016 10:09 AM PST

fazool said:

I can't access his FB page :(

I would love to attend one of these too!

Probably need to send him a friend request for access., Fazool.  :)

• 3016 posts
    December 21, 2016 10:10 AM PST

Nephretiti said:

I lost count of the number of times I attended SOE fanfair.  I live here in Vegas (by the way, it's 35 degrees Farenheit right now) so my access has always been pretty good.  And I can tell you this really is THE place to hold an event like this.  They can take an even of almost any size here.  I have seen conventions that consisted of 5 people total.  And if you want FUN - try attending CES (Consumer Electronics Show) some time.  In days past the COMDEX show was here and THAT thing was monster - literally every single room in Vegas taken and companies paying homeowners for their homes for the week.

I have never been able to afford to attend these things,  but I watch for live streams and such.  :) 

• 231 posts
    December 21, 2016 5:16 PM PST

Don't Kilsin and Brad and probably other Pants team members owe us beers from various threads anyway? We definitely need an event to cash in on that. A few posts up Kil mentioned bbq too (I'm going to simply ignore the part about space being an issue)!

• 2138 posts
    December 21, 2016 5:21 PM PST

Honestly if we wanted to, we could all show up at some place, with a hotel and convention center and call it a pre-pre alpha Fantheon.

Maybe in Oklahoma

• 1618 posts
    December 21, 2016 5:25 PM PST

My wife and I need a reason to go to Vegas. At my age, the drinking, sex, and gambling isn't enough. But, I would love to go look at the architecture during convention down time.

• 24 posts
    February 8, 2017 10:44 AM PST

Just wanted to bring this topic back up - I really want to see this happen before game launch.

• 441 posts
    February 8, 2017 10:57 AM PST

fazool said:

I can't access his FB page :(

I would love to attend one of these too!

Same ((shrugs))

• 2752 posts
    February 8, 2017 11:06 AM PST

Fantheon? Sounds great. West Coast Fantheon GO!