Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Fantheon - A (semi) confirmed Event

• 511 posts
    April 22, 2016 6:02 PM PDT

So Brad mentioned the term "Fantheon" as a place to meet more of us (the fans). You can read the full post here on his facebook. I then asked if it was a really thing and he liked it. So excited now to have an old school, smaller group setting show like the early Fan Faires for SOE!

I should also note, this is most likely a thing Brad hopes, or wishes could happen, and is not an actual confirmation of anything, but one can dream!

This post was edited by Dreconic at April 22, 2016 6:04 PM PDT
    • 668 posts
    April 22, 2016 8:45 PM PDT

I would be interested in attending if this ever became a reality

• 644 posts
    April 22, 2016 9:06 PM PDT

I can't access his FB page :(

I would love to attend one of these too!

• 671 posts
    April 22, 2016 9:25 PM PDT

Could you repost Brad's message here plz, for those of us who are not into (part of) social networking..

• 511 posts
    April 22, 2016 9:42 PM PDT

The full message was:

"Had a great time! Great to meet the Pantheon fans who could make it! Looking forward to meeting more of you at future shows, Fantheons, etc."

• 563 posts
    April 22, 2016 9:58 PM PDT

Dreconic said:

The full message was:

"Had a great time! Great to meet the Pantheon fans who could make it! Looking forward to meeting more of you at future shows, Fantheons, etc."

Thanks for relaying :) Wish I could have attended but it was sold out by the time I found out even if I was to attend :S I would love to attend a future Fantheon! :D

• 2756 posts
    April 22, 2016 11:46 PM PDT

Yeah, I'd love to attend - when is the next one in the London area happening?... 8^D

• 1095 posts
    December 14, 2016 8:27 AM PST

Nice!!  Didn't know he used that word. Too funny.

• 188 posts
    December 14, 2016 8:44 AM PST

We had a pretty hilarious discussion about that in discord with Kilsin and Molad a couple of nights ago.  We're all in for Orlando. 

• 1095 posts
    December 14, 2016 8:49 AM PST

Hannar said:

We had a pretty hilarious discussion about that in discord with Kilsin and Molad a couple of nights ago.  We're all in for Orlando. 

Discussion about the name?

• 137 posts
    December 14, 2016 9:25 AM PST

Hannar said:

Tampa here, sounds like we need to set this up in Florida =)

• 1303 posts
    December 14, 2016 9:28 AM PST

I'm all in for a Denver-based Fantheon! Have a hard time getting time away from the business for a longer trip, unfortunately. 

• 2886 posts
    December 14, 2016 10:22 AM PST

This would be awesome! I hope they make more public announcements in advance about where these are planning on being held.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    December 14, 2016 11:17 AM PST

If the demand and interest is there, we'll definitely do them -- I always had a great time attending the EQ and VG events.

• 200 posts
    December 14, 2016 11:21 AM PST

• 35 posts
    December 14, 2016 11:48 AM PST

Aradune said:

If the demand and interest is there, we'll definitely do them -- I always had a great time attending the EQ and VG events.

Considering we're frozen here in Chicago, I would gladly fly across the country to any warm climate with the opportunity to discuss the game and meet some of my compatriots. 

• 1618 posts
    December 14, 2016 12:29 PM PST

VEGAS, Baby!

• 188 posts
    December 14, 2016 12:46 PM PST

Aich said:

Discussion about the name?

Name and location.  Lots of options.  Fantheon.  PantheCon. Etc.  

• 1095 posts
    December 14, 2016 12:48 PM PST

Aradune said:

I was a kid when I was playing EQ so I never got the chance to go but this time around, yeah I'm there.

• 1095 posts
    December 14, 2016 12:54 PM PST

Hannar said:

Well I'm partial to Fantheon since I came up with it :P

Location I dont have a preference but a huge bondfire would be sweet.

This post was edited by Aich at December 14, 2016 1:01 PM PST
    • 28 posts
    December 14, 2016 1:34 PM PST

Vegas is a logical place.  Cheap flights/room packages. Used to convention-type things. Somewhat central to (US-based) fans.

--Gray

• 35 posts
    December 14, 2016 1:38 PM PST

gray808 said:

Vegas is a logical place.  Cheap flights/room packages. Used to convention-type things. Somewhat central to (US-based) fans.

--Gray

Think that's probably overkill in the early stages? We're not talking a massive gaming studio. Talking a relatively (at the moment) niche game with a smaller but ardent following. Probably talking more aboust a room block, a place to hang out, and a meeting room or two for a session or three. 

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    December 14, 2016 1:54 PM PST

Aich said:

Hannar said:

Well I'm partial to Fantheon since I came up with it :P

Location I dont have a preference but a huge bondfire would be sweet.

Fantheon it is -- been using it since you came up with it (great stuff btw).

• 28 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:04 PM PST

Quozzel said:

gray808 said:

--Gray

Think that's probably overkill in the early stages? We're not talking a massive gaming studio. Talking a relatively (at the moment) niche game with a smaller but ardent following. Probably talking more aboust a room block, a place to hang out, and a meeting room or two for a session or three. 

Oh, I didn't mean something on the scale of Blizzcon, etc. But Las Vegas still is a good place for meetups, with people coming from across the country. Because they handle so much other convention business, and rely so heavily on tourism, the cost of flights in are cheaper than most other places in the US, and they have the hotel infrastructure to make it easier for people to find places to stay within a wide range of budgets.

And it's not Florida.

--Gray

• 28 posts
    December 14, 2016 2:04 PM PST

Quozzel said:

gray808 said:

--Gray

Oh, I didn't mean something on the scale of Blizzcon, etc. But Las Vegas still is a good place for meetups, with people coming from across the country. Because they handle so much other convention business, and rely so heavily on tourism, the cost of flights in are cheaper than most other places in the US, and they have the hotel infrastructure to make it easier for people to find places to stay within a wide range of budgets.

And it's not Florida.

--Gray