Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

So, what are you all playing now?

• 47 posts
    November 6, 2015 4:40 PM PST

Jitai said:

"Which would you prefer, a flaming nuclear sword longer than you are tall, or a complete set of Bronze armor found in an unexplored cave?"

A COMPLETE set of bronze armour? Boy, you gettin above yourself...

Let me tell you 'bout when I was a lad...an dem Grues were blowin out lights left, right 'n center...

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2015 10:16 AM PST

Having a nostalgia fit...re-downloaded EQ..(still have my original account from 1999) and redownloaded EQII ...looked at Skyrim ..meh played a bit of Kingdoms of Amaleur,  and some Bejewelled..basically bouncing around til PRE-ALPHA ...*smile*

• 86 posts
    November 21, 2015 12:30 PM PST

Playing EQ2 and FFXIV at the moment. Mainly FFXIV I guess.

• 1 posts
    November 22, 2015 1:46 PM PST

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity. If you like single player RPG's that allow you to control a whole group, then you'd probably like this one!

• 57 posts
    November 22, 2015 5:20 PM PST

Nothing for a while now, really. For about the last 6 years, I've been drifting pretty aimlessly when it comes to MMOs and sticking with nothing. TOR was my favorite in that time, but even that I put probably less than 150 hours into. :\

• 668 posts
    November 22, 2015 5:33 PM PST

ESO, great game but another one that is nothing but quests...  Shame too because the graphics are excellent.  I also have EQ 1 progression server "Lockjaw" where I have  Bard going.  I hop on there and bring back some old memories!

Pyye

• 6 posts
    November 22, 2015 10:56 PM PST

Nothing, eq doesn't do it for me anymore, at this point I'm just cycling through my characters trying to see if I want to play one. After logging on a character for a minutes I go, "Ehh" and log off. Tried some other games, my old wow account and others but nothing interest me. Canceled all my accounts, I'll just do something else, but on the bright side I'll save some money since every MMO now wants more and more money. So I think I'll take the money I save and save up for a new comp for Pantheon, two new monitors and a nice T.V. up top, a new desk. I figure by the time it's ready I'll have enough saved up to put a down payment on a car so a comp, monitors, T.V. and a desk will be easy.

I'm kinda at that point where I wanna make a Pantheon meme of instead of Leia saying Obi-wan you're my only hope it's Brad Mcquaid.

In any case that's what I'm up to.

• November 23, 2015 10:26 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Having a nostalgia fit...re-downloaded EQ..(still have my original account from 1999) and redownloaded EQII ...looked at Skyrim ..meh played a bit of Kingdoms of Amaleur,  and some Bejewelled..basically bouncing around til PRE-ALPHA ...*smile*

I've been playing EQ on the tlp ragefire, eq2 some on that tlp server, and an old strategy Heroes of Might and Magic 3!

• 232 posts
    November 23, 2015 3:07 PM PST

Playing EQ1 on Lockjaw with some old friends that are new to the game.  New-school players that have been curious about the old-school gameplay I keep talking about.   I dont think they're 100% sold yet, but we're getting there.  The graphics and animations are a huge turn off for them, but they love the gameplay and the ideas behind it.

Cheers!

• 378 posts
    November 24, 2015 8:23 PM PST

Killing Rebal Scum in Star Wars Battlefront atm, Going back to Elite Dangoues when new Xpac comes out in a few days,  Picked WoW up for a bit as my old guild went back for some PvP fun. 

• 170 posts
    December 5, 2015 6:49 AM PST

Star Wars battlefront. I have an EQ and EQ2 account still and Archeage and Wildstar to goof with friends but really I only log into the first two for nostalgia and the second two when friends want to do stuff together but I'm sooooo MMO Bored with the current ease of play I was top level in most MMO's including Wow in as 3 months are less and then bored with with the only raid or high end stuff on farm status. 3 months in 1999 and I was level 10 maybe and still traveling my troll to outside of Halas looking for a specific spell vendor. Just tired of easy mode MMO's they aren't called MOSG's Massively Only Solo Games there needs to be guilds groups and effort to get things or I'm bored. There does need to be things any class can accomplish solo with tactics and skill but just macroing the top dps build for the button spamming ownership of the landscape is lame.My wrist still hurts from being a Bard and I still remember the pain of trying to walk encumbered to a certain Gnome in rathe mountains for some JBoots only to see Mortificator for the first time ever in game and not be able to get in range to pull him before some wizzy owned him.

• 75 posts
    December 17, 2015 4:53 AM PST

Xcom, Pillars of eternity, and Pantheon forums :)

have the Division on pre order (if it ever makes release!)

Xcom2 will keep me busy

Really missing an mmo to hook into, so much so i was tempted to play a Vanilla wow server 2.4 ish build - pre TBC.  Have all things loaded (TSW, SWTOR, EVE, RIFT, WoW, Wildstar, DnD, the Repopulation, FFXIV, gw2, lotro) if only one could hook me at least 12 months :)

Holidays now so may dabble in a few

• 79 posts
    December 21, 2015 11:42 AM PST

I haven't played any games seriously in a while. I've mostly stuck to games I can just pick up and play when I have time--NHL 16 and Diablo 3 on the Xbone lately. I bought South Park the Stick of Truth yesterday so that will be my primary game for the next few weeks.

• 668 posts
    December 21, 2015 1:45 PM PST

EQ on the new Phinny server with some Pantheon forum folks...  Having a great time, just DING'd level 41 with my Enchanter!  Come see us and hang out...

• 170 posts
    December 22, 2015 8:30 AM PST

Faux said:

I've been sharing my time between playing EQ on the live servers and doing some programming for the VG Emulator. It keeps me busy.

Vanguard emulator????

• 18 posts
    December 22, 2015 9:23 AM PST

Abacda said:

Faux said:

I've been sharing my time between playing EQ on the live servers and doing some programming for the VG Emulator. It keeps me busy.

Vanguard emulator????

http://vgoemulator.net/

I'm currently busy working on my own game and don't have much time to play.

• 378 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:11 PM PST

Fired up ESO and the new Xpac, really enjoying that again with my guild.

• 430 posts
    January 18, 2016 7:32 AM PST

Malsirian said: I've been playing Project: Gorgon to scratch that mmo itch. It's a small indie mmo still very early in development created by husband and wife developers which has a ton of interesting ideas behind it. They recently finished a successful Kickstarter but I think it's still free to try out atm. It's no Pantheon and never will be but it's fresh and something to kill time with while I wait. :)

Thank you for mentioning this hidden gem .  Agree its no Pantheon but i had that early eq feeling . Im sure many recall the  EQ goblin beads or pearls the Vanguard broken sword pieces . The graphics and game mechanics need help buts its alpha . Overall great game IMHO ./  

• 51 posts
    January 22, 2016 1:19 AM PST

I just picked up ESO because it looked like it's a very immersive game. I love exploring and getting lost in a world full of lore and hidden goodies. The best moments are the ones you have off the beaten path imo. ESO apparently has a lot to do apart from the main story quest. Also, the pvp looked like the kind I enjoy. I love huge RvR battles with hundreds of people, as long as I can quest in peace when I don't feel like pvping. (If I wanted a game that's nothing but competition I'd play Madden.)

So far I'm enjoying ESO, but I don't know anyone who plays it. If anyone is playing and wants someone to roll with, I'd be happy to have some company. Beware though, I'm a total noob there. I have no idea what I'm doing! lol

This post was edited by Typhon at January 22, 2016 1:23 AM PST
    • 49 posts
    January 27, 2016 8:35 AM PST

I agree Project Gorgon is a fun game for what is. I jump on and play here and there. I enjoy it but spend alot of time exploring and lost lol. Been playing Dragons Dogma : dark arisen pc port lately. Such a great game.

• 130 posts
    January 29, 2016 2:40 PM PST

I had been playing Witcher 3 and now Fallout 4.

I quit EQ after a 10+ year run and haven't touched a MMO since.  Patiently waiting for Pantheon.  Granted, each week it's under wraps is an additional week I'm staying married.

• 13 posts
    January 29, 2016 6:44 PM PST

If you guys haven't ever tried Dragon's Dogma, go do it NOW. It's A M A Z I N G! It was on sale on Steam complete with the DLC and it's...great! The only two things I do not like about it are: there was a bug where input was messed up for some reason and there was a lot of lag in certain places (seems to be fixed last patch) and that there are no mounts of any kind minus you sprinting (and you get tired). I would have liked the opportunity to buy a horse (or elk or something) in the game but it's not that bad once you get used to it. And once you set up your little teleporter things at the major cities. I've been so attached to this I haven't even played Skyrim since I started it and that's weeeiiirrdd.

This post was edited by Gnomepaladin at January 29, 2016 6:45 PM PST
    • 208 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:55 PM PST

EVE Online. Don't think even Pantheon could pull me away from EVE. ;)

• 39 posts
    February 5, 2016 11:51 AM PST

Earlier in this post I said that I wasn't really playing anything until Pantheon came out, because there was nothing worth playing.  I retract that statement.  I've started hungrily consuming Dragon's Dogma.  These devs have done something wonderful.  The creativity and immersiveness are on par with early EQ.  When I'm in a dungeon I feel the cramped ominous wonder, when I'm on the edge of a cliff I feel the height.  This game is an unpolished masterpeace.  The graphics are nothing to write home about, but the creativity of the objects, world, and game mechanics are phenominal.  I'm going to go play right now, already wasted too much time writing this.  OH, and VR.. everyone there should have to play through this game as homework and a reminder what fantasy, wonder, and immersion are.  There's a lot to be learned from what the devs of Dragon's Dogma accomplished (but I know you could do it better).

This post was edited by Jitai at February 5, 2016 11:51 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 5, 2016 4:47 PM PST

Jitai said:

Earlier in this post I said that I wasn't really playing anything until Pantheon came out, because there was nothing worth playing.  I retract that statement.  I've started hungrily consuming Dragon's Dogma.  These devs have done something wonderful.  The creativity and immersiveness are on par with early EQ.  When I'm in a dungeon I feel the cramped ominous wonder, when I'm on the edge of a cliff I feel the height.  This game is an unpolished masterpeace.  The graphics are nothing to write home about, but the creativity of the objects, world, and game mechanics are phenominal.  I'm going to go play right now, already wasted too much time writing this.  OH, and VR.. everyone there should have to play through this game as homework and a reminder what fantasy, wonder, and immersion are.  There's a lot to be learned from what the devs of Dragon's Dogma accomplished (but I know you could do it better).

I am playing this too at the moment in between EQ (duo with a friend) and  a couple of other single player games and it has been a refreshing change, I am having a lot of fun and being challenged again :)