Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

So, what are you all playing now?

• 3 posts
    September 29, 2015 9:38 PM PDT

Title says it all. I made a post on mmorpg.com of the same degree. I feel like every night I hop on, it's the same ole' same ole'. I hop around from game to game until I finally decide to go to bed. I would like something worthwhile to contribute my time to in the interm of awaiting Pantheon's arrival. I play mmorpg's and shooters. I've run across many great people along the way, but currently do not have a crew to roll with. (Which is half the battle) I appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

• 724 posts
    September 29, 2015 11:50 PM PDT

I'm currently playing a little bit of Elite: Dangerous, and quite a bit more of Civilization: Beyond Earth. Elite is a great game if you played the original (1984) version, and the successor Frontier Elite. The current game has some multiplayer capabilities, but its rather limited in that regard (no global chat, no guilds, max group size of four, instances limited to a certain number of players etc). Also, players can choose their game mode: Open, Private Group or Solo. Every game mode is played online and in the same (server) galaxy, the mode just determines if/what other human players you can meet (Open = Everyone who plays open (full PvP), Private Group = Only members of your group, Solo = No other humans). If you like space sims, Elite: Dangerous is a nice way to spend some time.

Currently I'm more into CivBE however. Its a good builder and strategy game. In the tradition of former Civilization games, you play a human faction which lands on another planet and has to rebuild a civilization from scratch, competing with other factions. On Oct. 9th the first big expansion (Rising Tide) will be released...looking forward to that. You will be able to build floating cities on the ocean, allowing very different gameplay (more like Alpha Centauri).

As to playing with other people: I'm in a similar position. Right now I'm mostly playing on my own. One thing I'm really looking forward to with Pantheon is finding like-minded players again, and get back into a nice gaming community. Its something I have been missing in most recent "MMOs".

• 781 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:05 AM PDT

World of Warships :)

• 85 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:19 AM PDT

Some Civ V, some Total War.  But not much of them.  I'm pretty gameless right now.  I'm just not excited about any of the games out there.  So I wait for Pantheon.  :)
    I am getting a lot of reading in these days though, so that's good.  

P.S.  Sarim, I have occasionally played CivBE as well.  I'm glad to hear about the update, I might give it another look.  

This post was edited by Sylee at September 30, 2015 12:19 AM PDT
    • 120 posts
    September 30, 2015 5:05 AM PDT
    Boredom over came my wife and I couple months ago so we're back to playing EverQuest a bit.
    • 81 posts
    September 30, 2015 5:10 AM PDT

About a month ago my friends and I pulled the plug on WoW. Attendance was down because of summer, and we were getting burnt out. Our plan is to be back for the expansion, however, the longer I am away, the less I want to return. Most likely I will play some FPS like the new star wars battlefront and the new Rainbow 6 while I wait for my beta invite for Pantheon.

• 18 posts
    September 30, 2015 5:42 AM PDT

Final Fantasy XIV. Overall a good mmorpg with a great community.

• 12 posts
    September 30, 2015 6:33 AM PDT

I am debating in starting EQ on the new TLP lockjaw, on waiting for the next no bot server this winter.. but i need a good mmo.. its sadening 

• 384 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:01 AM PDT
    I've been playing Project: Gorgon to scratch that mmo itch. It's a small indie mmo still very early in development created by husband and wife developers which has a ton of interesting ideas behind it. They recently finished a successful Kickstarter but I think it's still free to try out atm.

It's no Pantheon and never will be but it's fresh and something to kill time with while I wait. :)
    This post was edited by Malsirian at September 30, 2015 7:02 AM PDT
    • 67 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:12 AM PDT

Destiny, League of Legends, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are what I've been playing.  Waiting for Fallout 4, Overwatch, and No Mans Sky to release.

• 105 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:14 AM PDT

Nothing.  Skyforge was the last game I tried but there was no hook for me.  In fact I've been so bored that I've taught myself how to crochet and am awash in granny square afghans.  At least I'll be warm when the cold weather sets in.

• 595 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:46 AM PDT

Project1999.  I had to spend some time away from it over the summer due to work but I'm back since the launch of Velious.  I'm also very excited for the new Magic: The Gathering block release, Battle for Zendikar!

• 179 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:53 AM PDT
    remourn said:

Title says it all. I made a post on mmorpg.com of the same degree. I feel like every night I hop on, it's the same ole' same ole'. I hop around from game to game until I finally decide to go to bed. I would like something worthwhile to contribute my time to in the interm of awaiting Pantheon's arrival. I play mmorpg's and shooters. I've run across many great people along the way, but currently do not have a crew to roll with. (Which is half the battle) I appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

Sounds exactly like my life. :(

I've been hopping around games a lot lately (which I hate doing). I really just need a group to play with because I hate playing by myself.

This post was edited by Anasyn at September 30, 2015 7:56 AM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    September 30, 2015 9:22 AM PDT
    Kelem said:

I was playing this hard a few months ago. Tier 1-4ish were excellent, but I found around t6+ that I died to carriers almost immediately about 50% of the time. Have they done anything to rectify the issue with carriers or balance higher tiers in general? I'd really like to play again.

• 793 posts
    September 30, 2015 10:58 AM PDT

Spider Solitaire.  :)

• 63 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:34 PM PDT

If anyone is looking for some great games to play I have some suggestions-

Dark Souls 1 (All DLC Too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk

Dark Souls 2 (All DLC Too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_-0OQQgFQ

Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GJmO1hh4sg

Monster Hunter (Any of them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOwBpLW0uY

Some of my favorite RPGs, very challenging, and very immersive.

This post was edited by Montreseur at September 30, 2015 12:36 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:38 PM PDT

Everquest 2, TLE server with my older gamer buddies, a lot of people play eq2 are paying attention to this game.... 

• 79 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:54 PM PDT

Project1999 PvP server for hours and hours a day. still wanna play pantheon tho :/

• 47 posts
    September 30, 2015 1:18 PM PDT

The game I play more or less every week is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Nice little complex free gem.

• 793 posts
    September 30, 2015 1:21 PM PDT

Truthfully, I logged into EQ not long ago. But as it was my Paladin was in WFP (I suspect I had been guard killing when I quit).

Needless to say, Freeport has changed quite a bit since then, and I ran around with a heck of a guard train for sometime before I got some space and found a nice area to jump from, making the guards go the long way. That gave me time to /camp.  So needless to say, my paladin is lost in WFP. :)

I logged in my druid and wandered a bit to see if I could get the layout memorized and find my way back out, but gave up after awhile. Just didn't have the desire to mess with it.

• 34 posts
    September 30, 2015 1:32 PM PDT

I've been sharing my time between playing EQ on the live servers and doing some programming for the VG Emulator. It keeps me busy.

• 781 posts
    September 30, 2015 3:28 PM PDT
    Dullahan said:
    Kelem said:

I was playing this hard a few months ago. Tier 1-4ish were excellent, but I found around t6+ that I died to carriers almost immediately about 50% of the time. Have they done anything to rectify the issue with carriers or balance higher tiers in general? I'd really like to play again.

They have placed in a few updates which has made the MM better.  My highest Tier is 7 right now.  I play cruiser most of the time.  http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1003465088-Litlbit/#tab=pvp/account-tab-overview-pvp

• 25 posts
    September 30, 2015 5:50 PM PDT

Archeage

• 2138 posts
    September 30, 2015 6:35 PM PDT

I have played on some specialty EQ  emulation servers. P1999 for a small bit. played with the creation tools in Oblivion, and then Skyrim, and tried to play total enchanter type character in both (wasn't easy, lots of running, but hilarious). I popped in Fallout3 and went berzerk with my old character.

• 261 posts
    September 30, 2015 9:38 PM PDT

BF4 off and on. Bit of Dragon Age 1. Not much of anything really. Spend more time patching the games I don't play :)