Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are you looking forward to the most?

This topic has been closed.
    • 257 posts
    April 5, 2017 11:11 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Are you all looking forward to testing Pantheon's Alpha at the end of this year? If so what are you hoping to see included in the Alpha and why?

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf/posts/1673029159578284

When I tested Vanguard, Thestra was pretty tough. It wasn't until later that Kojan was available for me. I'm assuming Alpha will be very limited, and have instructions on what and where to spend my time testing. I just hope there are at least two starting areas, with those immediate starting areas relatively safe for travel. I understand we'll fall through the wolrd a bunch in alpha - I just want the starting cities safe.

For beta, I hope there will be few resets which will give more time to experience higher level content and get a more broad view of game mechanics. It's hard to chime in on xp/ level progression, class abilities, dungeon layouts, etc. if we spend most of that time leveling up 1-20 repeatedly.

• 1404 posts
    April 5, 2017 2:47 PM PDT

Retsof said:

Kilsin said:

Are you all looking forward to testing Pantheon's Alpha at the end of this year? If so what are you hoping to see included in the Alpha and why?

When I tested Vanguard, Thestra was pretty tough. It wasn't until later that Kojan was available for me. I'm assuming Alpha will be very limited, and have instructions on what and where to spend my time testing. I just hope there are at least two starting areas, with those immediate starting areas relatively safe for travel. I understand we'll fall through the wolrd a bunch in alpha - I just want the starting cities safe.

For beta, I hope there will be few resets which will give more time to experience higher level content and get a more broad view of game mechanics. It's hard to chime in on xp/ level progression, class abilities, dungeon layouts, etc. if we spend most of that time leveling up 1-20 repeatedly.

It's intirely possable they have us log in and set our level. Thee could have us start at lvl 30 one week, and start at level 45  or 10 the following week.

• 2886 posts
    April 5, 2017 4:00 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Retsof said:

Kilsin said:

It's intirely possable they have us log in and set our level. Thee could have us start at lvl 30 one week, and start at level 45  or 10 the following week.

Exactly. For the sake of efficient testing, if they want us to test high level content, they'll just use their infinite GM powers to boost us straight to the level they need us to be. Super easy. Then they can reset as much as needed. Which will probably be fairly regularly. Yet another reason why testing is actually testing and not just playing. Playing the game for real post-launch will probably feel quite different.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 5, 2017 4:01 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    April 5, 2017 5:12 PM PDT

I don't have an particular expectations. I do want to see Pantheon for myself and get a feel for what the game will be like. I do think that whatever we learn, see and experience in Pre Beta and/or further testing will probably be changed by the time Pantheon is launched. Beta in any form is a developers test to see what works and doesn't work. I imagine that there will be many character wipes durring testing to flesh out kinks and make any needed alterations. Perhaps some deletions and scraping somethings while adding others.

I don't see this as an opportunity to get a leg up on others before the game goes live. It's a chance to help in it's developement, to have some influence (i.e. to help correct any flaws before they're a problem when Pantheon is live ) in how challenging, playable, fun and community oriented the game will be.

If VR has a specific thing they want me to do in pre beta simply give me marching orders and I'll do it. Otherwise I guess I'll just explore Panteon as it will be then. Though imo being involved in any form of beta is quite an honor. 

• 9115 posts
    April 5, 2017 6:02 PM PDT

I am going to go ahead and close my post folks, this was CM content from July 2015 and as you can see, things changed a lot, when we get close to testing we will release that announcement and a lot of information and instructions to go with it to prepare everyone for what we require and expect to happen during our testing phases.

Thanks for the replies guys! :)