Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are you looking forward to the most?

This topic has been closed.
    • 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 4:27 AM PDT

Are you all looking forward to testing Pantheon's Alpha at the end of this year? If so what are you hoping to see included in the Alpha and why?

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf/posts/1673029159578284

• 67 posts
    July 13, 2015 5:53 AM PDT

I'm very much looking forward to testing in the alpha, and I'm really hoping the alpha is very interactive with the developers.  I will enjoy exploring the game and all, but I would really like to see testing 'events' so that us alpha players can test with direction rather than running around solo.

• July 13, 2015 6:06 AM PDT

Ready and willing!  50 smile emotes?  Yes sir!   175 pick up bags on the ground?  Yes, sir!  ;)

I look forward to participating in testing where the developers are in different parts of the country and world.  Because you are not all in the same city and office, hopefully, it will mean varying blocks of time dedicated to direct developer run testing as Xeravik mentioned.

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 6:14 AM PDT
    Xeravik said:

I'm very much looking forward to testing in the alpha, and I'm really hoping the alpha is very interactive with the developers.  I will enjoy exploring the game and all, but I would really like to see testing 'events' so that us alpha players can test with direction rather than running around solo.

Glad to hear it mate and we will be very interactive, the team is looking forward to Alpha more than you guy's! lol :)

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 6:16 AM PDT
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

Ready and willing!  50 smile emotes?  Yes sir!   175 pick up bags on the ground?  Yes, sir!  ;)

I look forward to participating in testing where the developers are in different parts of the country and world.  Because you are not all in the same city and office, hopefully, it will mean varying blocks of time dedicated to direct developer run testing as Xeravik mentioned.

You can bet on it mate, we at least have USA, Canada and Australia covered! but I assure you we will all be playing many hours to cover many different timezones for the best feedback possible.

• 366 posts
    July 13, 2015 11:53 AM PDT

Looking forward to seeing everything.  There are lots of us who are used to early testing games and I think we are more laid back about the whole approach. We give our feedback because we feel that this game may be the game we will play for years and so we invest our time to testing because we want the game to be as successful as it can be. 

It does not matter what is included in early Alpha, because in my experience a game can drastically change (for the better) so surprise me :)

• 453 posts
    July 13, 2015 12:01 PM PDT

Looking forward to having a home again. Loved EQ for 10 years but can't go back. Telon felt like a true home but then was destroyed and sank into the sea. Can't wait to log into Terminus every day with a smile on my face and that feeling of home in my heart. 

• 378 posts
    July 13, 2015 2:32 PM PDT

All those ohhh ahh moments again, as i see a game and all the sights for the first time again

This post was edited by Zandil at July 13, 2015 8:08 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 3:15 PM PDT
    Zarriya said:

Looking forward to seeing everything.  There are lots of us who are used to early testing games and I think we are more laid back about the whole approach. We give our feedback because we feel that this game may be the game we will play for years and so we invest our time to testing because we want the game to be as successful as it can be. 

It does not matter what is included in early Alpha, because in my experience a game can drastically change (for the better) so surprise me :)

Yeah absolutely Zarriya, there is a big difference between Alpha testing and just thinking you're playing a game early, we appreciate the experience in testing, it helps a lot! :) 

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 3:16 PM PDT
    Jason said:

Looking forward to having a home again. Loved EQ for 10 years but can't go back. Telon felt like a true home but then was destroyed and sank into the sea. Can't wait to log into Terminus every day with a smile on my face and that feeling of home in my heart. 

Hopefully, Pantheon will be your home from launch but Alpha is about fixing the home and making sure it is livable and has no holes in the roof with working water and electricity! ;) 

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 3:18 PM PDT
    Zandil said:
    All tboses ohhh ahh moments again, as i see a game and all the sights for the first time

Yeah it's hard not to get caught up in the beauty of it all for the first time, I will have to be lenient for the first few days of Alpha and put the whip away when I see all these character just standing and staring at the sky, mountains, walls etc. but then it's down to business! ;) lol

• 311 posts
    July 13, 2015 4:06 PM PDT

I'm very excited first time alpha tester here. I'm hoping for a good place to play where I dont have wonder if I need to group or solo it. I wanna see VG as it really coulda been (even though I still consider VG the best game ever). I'm not expecting VG, but VG like and even greater. I want the bosses to work right my player to play right and no nerf bats. I can find the right class and character for me even then I expect to have alts. I'm no comp wiz or greatest player ever, I just hope I can help you all to make that next EQ/VG, for me and everyone too!

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 5:31 PM PDT
    Kazingathi said:

I'm very excited first time alpha tester here. I'm hoping for a good place to play where I dont have wonder if I need to group or solo it. I wanna see VG as it really coulda been (even though I still consider VG the best game ever). I'm not expecting VG, but VG like and even greater. I want the bosses to work right my player to play right and no nerf bats. I can find the right class and character for me even then I expect to have alts. I'm no comp wiz or greatest player ever, I just hope I can help you all to make that next EQ/VG, for me and everyone too!

Alpha testing can be exciting for the first time but you have to keep in mind that Alpha testing is an unstable environment with many changes, that includes nerfs and boosts to a range of things throughout the development cycle to try and get the game as bug free and balanced as possible so that when it goes live, there will be absolute minimal changes to classes and the core experience.

Alpha is a very important stage of the building process for us so the feedback and testing done by everyone involved is crucial in identifying these early  issues, we want you to have fun but expect a lot of downtime and changes throughout this process. ;) 

• 2138 posts
    July 13, 2015 6:24 PM PDT

I don't think I would be very good in Alpha, As I would think all the not-completely-working items were intentional and I would think I just had not puzzled it out correctly. But I do test stuff at work, harrowing- because to has to be done NOW along with my other work. But if there is a script available, I can try to work through that and do some regression testing if need be *sigh*. 

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 6:36 PM PDT
    Manouk said:

I don't think I would be very good in Alpha, As I would think all the not-completely-working items were intentional and I would think I just had not puzzled it out correctly. But I do test stuff at work, harrowing- because to has to be done NOW along with my other work. But if there is a script available, I can try to work through that and do some regression testing if need be *sigh*. 

There is no pressure Manouk, Alpha isn't for everyone, I know a lot of my friends don't like it, they would rather wait for the game to be released before they play it which is perfectly fine :)

• 366 posts
    July 13, 2015 7:19 PM PDT

Oh I almost forgot! there is a specific thing I am looking forward to:  The Isle of Yvyll!  I remember reading that Alpha may start off with one one polished zone (and I do like that idea)  but I cant wait to plant my foot firmly on Yvyll ...I mean the Isle of Yvyll.

I never visited a place named after a friend before so here's hoping that a crazy storm on Terminus didn't blow it away!

This post was edited by Zarriya at July 17, 2015 5:19 PM PDT
    • 378 posts
    July 13, 2015 8:27 PM PDT

Talking Alpha and getting ready for it, what is the latency average so far from Aus ? will the server be east or west coast US based ?

Need to decide if i have to get my Battleping account up and running for Alpha ?

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 8:53 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

Talking Alpha and getting ready for it, what is the latency average so far from Aus ? will the server be east or west coast US based ?

Need to decide if i have to get my Battleping account up and running for Alpha ?

The server we will be using isn't up yet so I can't answer any of that mate, we will have to see once it launches, but I don;t have a problem playing on the internal dev server, except when Brad pulls the whole zone. ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 8:56 PM PDT
    Zarriya said:

Oh I almost forgot! there is a specific thing I am looking forward to:  The Isle of Yvyll!  I remember reading that Alpha may start off with one one polished zone (and I do like that idea)  but I cant wait to plant my foot firmly on Yvyll ...I mean the Isle of Yvyll.

I never visited a place named after a friend before so here's hoping that a crazy storm on Terminus didn't blow it away!

I have not seen that before, where did you get it Zarriya?

The last map we have shown was posted on our FB account:

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 17, 2015 5:19 PM PDT
    • 160 posts
    July 13, 2015 9:25 PM PDT

I'm looking forward to breaking your game in as many ways as possible. One time in EQ1 I as running along a zone wall, trying to not get lost, and i fell through the world.  The Dev's had left a hole in the zone wall?! I petitioned it and showed the GM. He was as baffled as i was.

A checklist would be good, of things you want us to test in each area. 

After that I'm going to run around as many corners into as many mobs as possible and get that "Oh CRAP!" feeling back. Haven't felt that in years.

This post was edited by Nuggie at July 14, 2015 11:28 PM PDT
    • 366 posts
    July 13, 2015 9:36 PM PDT

@ Kilsin, It is an old one, I will PM you so as not to derail your thread :)

• 378 posts
    July 13, 2015 9:41 PM PDT

Will there be a in game bug reporting tool ? 

• 366 posts
    July 13, 2015 9:50 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

Will there be a in game bug reporting tool ? 

+1    This is soooooo helpful. I am more inclined to report the little things with a bug reporting tool. Sometimes it is good to discuss larger issues on the forums with devs and other players - sometimes we learn the issue is intended :)     But for small graphical, text errors, stuck areas  etc  a bug reporting tool is great time saver for us.

• 378 posts
    July 13, 2015 9:57 PM PDT

I love helping out doing bugs and issues, but having to go outside the game makes it so much harder and painful to do, if it can all be done in game with a simple screen then you find people are more likley to report bugs if it's less of a hassle.

Have a look at ESO's bug reporting system, sooooo easy to use, takes screen shots for you, lots of drop down menus for easy and fast access, but still has some advanced options when you need more. 

• 384 posts
    July 13, 2015 10:01 PM PDT

ok this is going to sound corny as **** but I hope I can find a way to meaningfully contribute to the continued development of Pantheon once alpha begins. I really want Pantheon succeed and I'd love to help that happen. Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to getting into a brand new unexplored world.