Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Session Emails Loading...

• 32 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:29 AM PST

Translator

Same as others for login failure for patching game. I'm guessing we get to DL it a day before? Either way I'm happy.

• 12 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:33 AM PST

Using Edge worked for me, Brave was not happy with the registration Link

• 3 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:36 AM PST

Ravinous said:

Good morning all,
    Got the keys. made the account. got the launcher. All goes well. When signing into the launcher I get "Login Failed. Login not permitted at this time!" Is there where we are expected to stop for now? 
    I was expecting to download all the game files and updates in anticipation of Saturday. Will the 1st several hours on Saturday be spent download the game files?

Same here!

• 23 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:37 AM PST

I was able to follow the post and create my initial account (12/12 using Chrome broswer).

I was able to download the downloader client but cant log in to actually download the game yet. 

• 23 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:37 AM PST

I was able to follow the post and create my initial account (12/12 using Chrome broswer).

I was able to download the downloader client but cant log in to actually download the game yet. 

Let the excitement begin!

This post was edited by Sekkong at December 12, 2023 5:37 AM PST
    • 7 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:11 AM PST

I am so excited for the game let us in LOL!!!!!!

• 7 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:14 AM PST

Game download will be available on the 16th - according to discord mod. 

• 49 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:34 AM PST

Gerdie said:

mhh next problem... the launcher always says login failure...

yeah everyone will have that right now until we get the patch.

• 1 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:42 AM PST

I got my key i made visionary account and it work well, when try make pre-alpha account it said : Invalid email and pantheon key combination. I try clean cache and i try different browsesr but i get all the time this message i try different password with requirement and i still get that message. Anyone got same probleme?

• 86 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:44 AM PST

Ravinous said:

Good morning all,
    Got the keys. made the account. got the launcher. All goes well. When signing into the launcher I get "Login Failed. Login not permitted at this time!" Is there where we are expected to stop for now? 
    I was expecting to download all the game files and updates in anticipation of Saturday. Will the 1st several hours on Saturday be spent download the game files?

Looks like that

• 4 posts
    December 12, 2023 8:13 AM PST
    Please post when emails should all be sent so I can hit the appropriate level of panic... Thanks
    • 2 posts
    December 12, 2023 8:38 AM PST

Assuming that this was setting up for the week trial run they are doing from the 24th through new year, yes? Or is this a separate thing we're being allowed to do early?  I figured they were giving themselves time to send out keys, get downloads going a few days later, for a hopeful smooth trial run starting the 24th

• 33 posts
    December 12, 2023 9:32 AM PST

likely the first test session will be really a d/l session with little play. 

This makes no sense. D/l should have been enabled prior to the test session.

• 4 posts
    December 12, 2023 9:56 AM PST

I received mine this AM. Had to fool with my protection software to access.

• 4 posts
    December 12, 2023 10:25 AM PST

Updated on the patcher  12.12.2023

If you have created your game account and downloaded the clientlauncher, that is as far as you can go at this time. We haven’t opened up the actual download of the client yet as we are awaiting the final build for the testing session. We will announce when that is ready for you to download so please watch discord and the forums at pantheonmmo.com

• 7 posts
    December 12, 2023 11:11 AM PST

Got up to the clientlauncher - and I see that there is a pause for getting the actual client.  No worries. Still excited!

• 2 posts
    December 12, 2023 2:22 PM PST

Davidcx said:

I got my key at about 5 am EST, the registration is bugged for me. It says "Session forcibly closed. Please contact customer support". To be honest I'd forgotten about this for years and I'm about to go to sleep so I don't really care but will be cool to play tomorrow maybe :D

Clear your cache and it should work for you.

• 44 posts
    December 12, 2023 3:23 PM PST

Freely said:

Game download will be available on the 16th - according to discord mod. 

I was told the 15th by a Discord mod/dev. But then later the same mod/dev said they are working to hopefully get it up sooner if able ("no promises" likely being implied).

Anyway. I was quite confused and annoyed. I was beginning to feel like "Wheres the email? Any later and I wont be reliably able to download the client in time for the test!". I have seen many MANY games poorly manage the client download to the point that you may not even finish downloading the client before the test session is over... So having the client files done and ready for pre-download ahead of time is crucial to saving a user experience headache... that I have sadly personally have had to deal with too many times before due to my limited shared bandwidth that I have to ration out and plan time for with downloads.

So not surprising, not being able to download yet came as a big "WTF?" to me. Kind of feels like it defeats the purpose and wastes peoples times handling it like this.

All I can do is hope they manage things better, or that luck is on my side an I have no issues downloading the client in time to use it on the 16th. Put simply, nobody is looking forward to only being a tester for the patcher.

At the very least, it should not be like some of my worst experiences ever, where I had to download a 25gig game 3 times because a single byte or file got corrupted very late in the download process.

... I hope.

• 2045 posts
    December 12, 2023 3:29 PM PST

Spooli said:

Assuming that this was setting up for the week trial run they are doing from the 24th through new year, yes? Or is this a separate thing we're being allowed to do early?  I figured they were giving themselves time to send out keys, get downloads going a few days later, for a hopeful smooth trial run starting the 24th

The one week run is for streamers who are already in Pre-Alpha testing. That is a separate event from the 24 hour visit for Alpha pledgers on Saturday.

• 9 posts
    December 12, 2023 4:14 PM PST

Nlaene said:

Gerdie said:

Would have been nice if that were communicated in the email we received. Not that it's a big deal, but just a little blurb likE: "get all setup now, so you can download on Saturday," or even more vague like "get setup up now to be ready to download in the next week or two."

Just something so there wasn't a bunch of confusion.

• 109 posts
    December 12, 2023 4:45 PM PST

BlackSmokeDMax said:

Nlaene said:

Gerdie said:

Would have been nice if that were communicated in the email we received. Not that it's a big deal, but just a little blurb likE: "get all setup now, so you can download on Saturday," or even more vague like "get setup up now to be ready to download in the next week or two."

Just something so there wasn't a bunch of confusion.

You mean like:

"12.12.2023

If you have created your game account and downloaded the clientlauncher, that is as far as you can go at this time. We haven’t opened up the actual download of the client yet as we are awaiting the final build for the testing session. We will announce when that is ready for you to download so please watch discord and the forums at pantheonmmo.com"

?

• 9 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:08 PM PST

Garmr said:

You mean like:

"12.12.2023

If you have created your game account and downloaded the clientlauncher, that is as far as you can go at this time. We haven’t opened up the actual download of the client yet as we are awaiting the final build for the testing session. We will announce when that is ready for you to download so please watch discord and the forums at pantheonmmo.com"

?

Yeah, that would have been great. However that was not in my email. I had even checked again immediately before posting to make sure I hadn't missed something like that. I'm gonna go check again though now, lol.

edit: Definitely not in my email from this morning.

This post was edited by BlackSmokeDMax at December 12, 2023 5:11 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    December 12, 2023 5:49 PM PST

DarkAkuma said:

So not surprising, not being able to download yet came as a big "WTF?" to me. Kind of feels like it defeats the purpose and wastes peoples times handling it like this.

While it would be great to be able to download and install the client now I'm glad they didn't wait until that was ready before sending out the emails. That gave us all a chance to work through any problems and get our accounts created. Now all we have to do is download the client.

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    December 12, 2023 7:22 PM PST

Instructions regarding the game client and information are available on the download page provided in your email. Please read communications completely, or you may miss important info!

As for downloading the game, updates are constantly being made and we are working on a particularly important one. There would be no purpose to providing the download only to have everyone download again once it has been patched.

Thanks for your patience, guys. We are almost there!

• 25 posts
    December 12, 2023 11:15 PM PST

Theophilus said:

I received mine this AM. Had to fool with my protection software to access.

I had to do the same, Windows was angry and so was Trend Micro, told Windows it was ok and sent it off with a cookie... had to lock Trend Micro kicking and screaming outside while I installed but let it scan the files after installing the patcher and it stopped being angry.