Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Stream Summary: Nov 29, 2018

• 2138 posts
    December 1, 2018 8:39 PM PST

WHat pleses me about the criticisms of the community, shows the struggle of what new players wil face and coincidentally those things that were loived ot be hated, if that makes any sense. Using AE's and breaking mezzes- all that stuff needs to be learned, or unlearned. the true condept of need before greed vs roll again on my old stuff for merchant (not AH) selling because coin is just for immersion in the grand scheme of things. looting in the middle of a fight, quietly judging someone for intentionally making someone jump down a hole to their death and putting them on ignore  all that stuff has to be learned, or re-learned and what makes a community.

I think its great,and I understand why its up to the streamers to advertise. it may not be for them- now. However I imagine these same streames coming in when the game is running and PuG-ing with a group in the community and - - -*magic*- - -, then eager to try to share that magic on the next stream to their viewers. Maybe the bug will catch. I dont know.

• 1921 posts
    December 3, 2018 6:50 AM PST

Nice, Thanks GoofyWarriorGuy.  Looks like the design goal, currently, is that Perception won't have a strong combat related role, which is too bad, but I appreciate the question and answer.

I understand what they said, in that it may indicate faction changes or disposition.  Yet, those will be known after combat is finished because you'll have seen them, so..I understand there's the potential to learn them before hand, but once it's known, it'll just go into the wiki.
    So it lines up with Joppas statement that it'll mostly be used for out of combat activities.  Personally, I see that as a missed opportunity to innovate, but it's their [whatever] to [negative], so at least I can stop wasting time wishing Perception is going to be something it's not. :)

• 2886 posts
    December 3, 2018 12:33 PM PST

Thanks for doing this Goofy! Great job. So glad to see someone carry on the torch of stream summaries :)

In regards to stream announcements, it's true that these streams are intended for those that do not follow the game closely and maybe don't even know anything about it - to reach them and introduce them to the basics of the game. It's awesome that some people want to watch every single Pantheon stream there is. But if you do that, you will see a lot of the same areas, same classes, and hear a lot of the same questions asked over and over again. If it was an official reveal of a new race or class or zone, it would definitely be announced on all Pantheon platforms. But especially as we cruise in 2019, there will be A LOT more streams like the ones you've seen over the past few days. This is just the beginning. And if every one of them were to be officially announced on Pantheon platforms, that would probably bombard people and just drown out the important big reveals that more people are interested in. The reality of it is that not everyone is so die hard. There has to be streams targeted at people that have never seen the game before. And there are some existing followers that want to watch them anyway, but there are also a lot that don't. Because seeing too much of the same zone may ruin the mystery before they can even play it.

So... with that said, I'd personally like to find a solution for those that just want to support Pantheon content creators by tuning to all of the streams. Because I think that's a great idea. I currently announce every single Pantheon stream on my own social media, but if anyone has any other ideas for a centralized location to stay up to date on all the streams that are going on across, the community, I'm all ears.

• 612 posts
    December 3, 2018 12:52 PM PST

Bazgrim said: I currently announce every single Pantheon stream on my own social media, but if anyone has any other ideas for a centralized location to stay up to date on all the streams that are going on across, the community, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the tweets Bazgrim, it helps for those of us who aren't following all the various forums like Reddit and such. I'm curious though where you find all the info about upcoming streams? What if somebody gets into the Stream program and then only ever mentions it live on their own stream for their own viewers and never posts it anywhere? Maybe even you might miss it.

I don't mind that these aren't official streams needing an official announcement. But it would still be helpful if VR could at least make a thread that lists the people who have been invited into the streamer program and then we could go look them up ourselves and see if they make any announcements of their own.

• 2886 posts
    December 3, 2018 1:14 PM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Bazgrim said: I currently announce every single Pantheon stream on my own social media, but if anyone has any other ideas for a centralized location to stay up to date on all the streams that are going on across, the community, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the tweets Bazgrim, it helps for those of us who aren't following all the various forums like Reddit and such. I'm curious though where you find all the info about upcoming streams? What if somebody gets into the Stream program and then only ever mentions it live on their own stream for their own viewers and never posts it anywhere? Maybe even you might miss it.

I don't mind that these aren't official streams needing an official announcement. But it would still be helpful if VR could at least make a thread that lists the people who have been invited into the streamer program and then we could go look them up ourselves and see if they make any announcements of their own.

It is true that even though I am immersed in the community, I do still miss things. Since I did the interview with Ben D that kicked off the streaming program, I'm trying to find the best way to gather and centralize all the info about upcoming streaming program streams so that anyone that wants to consume every minute of Pantheon content can do so, if they wish. So even though I am not employed by VR, I'm personally very interested in making sure that the streaming program is effective. So I'd like to help it be communicated more clearly.

You know how much I love centralized info and I personally believe that people should absolutely be encouraged to support those that want to support the game and the community in the most diehard way, by making that info as available to them as possible. So I'm trying to find a way to make it work. No promises of course, but stay tuned!

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 3, 2018 4:45 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    December 3, 2018 1:37 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

So I'd like to help it be communicated more clearly.

Baz that would be very helpful and please do it - thx!

I do not like to use the internet very much except for some things that interest me like Pantheon lol. What you do would be very helpful to someone like me.