Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Two guilds arrive at an overland raid mob...

• 1281 posts
    August 28, 2018 2:19 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Two guilds arrive at an overland raid mob, what are the unspoken rules in place as to who gets to go first? What would your guild do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I say /random for it or NBG....

If my guild and your guild show up to the same target and we say "we need this" but you think we're actually here for greed, how do you expect to resolve that?  One person/guilds' opion on what determines greed (or need for that matter) will not be the same as another guild's opinion.  Nobody will ever agree.

You missed....  or ignored....  exactly half of my comment.

• 2419 posts
    August 28, 2018 2:31 PM PDT

Kalok said:

Vandraad said:

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Two guilds arrive at an overland raid mob, what are the unspoken rules in place as to who gets to go first? What would your guild do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

If my guild and your guild show up to the same target and we say "we need this" but you think we're actually here for greed, how do you expect to resolve that?  One person/guilds' opion on what determines greed (or need for that matter) will not be the same as another guild's opinion.  Nobody will ever agree.

I neither misesd nor ignored either part of your comment.  With either of your solutions you provided no concrete means by which one guild can guarantee another guild will follow these arbitrary, player constructed 'rules'.  So our guilds meet up and you say 'lets /random' and my guild goes 'No' and proceeds to engage the mob.  Or we do /random, we lose and yet still decide to engage because /random is unenforceable.  Your solution either one you presented, is no solution at all.

With every suggestion that appears on this thread, unless it is something which comes directly from VR either through an inescapable mechanic (instancing, First-To-Engage)is spelled out in complete and absolute detail in some form of a Play Nice Policy where there can be little leeway for misinterpretation, no player built convention will hold for long if at all. 

• 1281 posts
    August 28, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kalok said:

Vandraad said:

Kalok said:

Kilsin said:

I neither misesd nor ignored either part of your comment.  With either of your solutions you provided no concrete means by which one guild can guarantee another guild will follow these arbitrary, player constructed 'rules'.  So our guilds meet up and you say 'lets /random' and my guild goes 'No' and proceeds to engage the mob.  Or we do /random, we lose and yet still decide to engage because /random is unenforceable.  Your solution either one you presented, is no solution at all.

With every suggestion that appears on this thread, unless it is something which comes directly from VR either through an inescapable mechanic (instancing, First-To-Engage)is spelled out in complete and absolute detail in some form of a Play Nice Policy where there can be little leeway for misinterpretation, no player built convention will hold for long if at all. 

You should probably go back and re-read Kilsin's question.  He asked for COMMUNITY comments.  Kilsin works for VR....

So, yeah, you should probably go try to pick a fight elsewhere.  I'm not going to bite.

• 1019 posts
    August 28, 2018 3:13 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

...no player built convention will hold for long if at all. 

Ding ding ding ding.  We have a winner.  Only a forced mechanism will work.  And even then, griefing can still happen.  Training mob after mob to an open world contested fight spot so it messes up those engaged in the raid etc.

• 752 posts
    August 28, 2018 4:48 PM PDT

Gonna quote/paraphrase one of my more random quotes from camping:

So if you are at the standard safe area/prep area... and you just haven't engaged the named/cleared trash mobs yet i consider the named your camp and should not be hijacked by another player/group.

There are certain exceptions to this steamrolling issue mostly centric around raid zones. If the Raid 1 is still waiting for members to show up/lack the power to complete the event then the Raid 2 does have the open world right to engage first, but there should be a discussion between leaders and Raid 2 should be nice and let Raid 1 attempt it AS IS or give up the spawn. Or if Raid 1 is busy fighting Dragon 1 then Raid 2 has the right to move on to Dragon 2 if the zone design allows for this. If there is a blockade that does not open until Dragon 1 dies than Dragon 2 belongs to Raid 1 and they should be allowed time to recover from Dragon 1 as they did not wipe. Triggered spawns should always be raid locked. Not FTE or any other function, quest/perception raid trigger locked. Whomever triggered the event, their raid should get loot rights regardless of MDD.

If you wipe: then you basically give up your camp/named. There are too many factors to consider with Corpse Runs and Rez'ing and group/raid members disbanding that the next group waiting for that camp/named shouldnt have to wait for you to reclaim the camp. To me this is playing nice. You keep the distance, dont steal named, and when the desired camp becomes available you claim it.

If the named is a random spawn or a roaming spawn then they are fair game to the most prepared group closest to the named. (Game systems allowing)

Open world fair competition.

( I am the kind of person that says: Good luck and watches you fight in glory WITHOUT my assistance and hopes for the next spawn.)

This post was edited by kreed99 at August 28, 2018 4:57 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 28, 2018 5:39 PM PDT

Kastor said: Definitely a dance off. With Kilsin as the judge.

This should be a thing, man! :)

• 9115 posts
    August 28, 2018 5:40 PM PDT

Loving the replies, lot's of passion and clever answers but most of all, it is great to see so much respect and maturity. 

• 1714 posts
    August 28, 2018 7:52 PM PDT

You negotiate a rotation. If they are jerks and won't have it, you do your best. If you get beat,  you try to get better next time. This is not hard. 

• 86 posts
    August 29, 2018 2:28 AM PDT

A lot of very rosy views here on how people will behave. One thing is certain, human nature will prevail. Assholes will be victorious and since they have a large self sufficient guild they will care not a jot about community and reputation. And the forums will be filled with 'crying' and shallow platitudes.

There are some nice people who play well together, in any game. To think that all those people are crowded here waiting for this game might be... well le'ts just call it an ambitious thought.

• 696 posts
    August 29, 2018 7:47 AM PDT

Idrial said:

A lot of very rosy views here on how people will behave. One thing is certain, human nature will prevail. Assholes will be victorious and since they have a large self sufficient guild they will care not a jot about community and reputation. And the forums will be filled with 'crying' and shallow platitudes.

There are some nice people who play well together, in any game. To think that all those people are crowded here waiting for this game might be... well le'ts just call it an ambitious thought.

Yeah. I've seen a few guild names floating around here that I know are assholes when it comes to content. So all I am hoping for is that these asshole guilds go on one server and I can go onto a different server and skip the toxic enviroment they create.

• 3237 posts
    February 5, 2020 4:25 AM PST

Wrong thread.

This post was edited by oneADseven at February 5, 2020 4:27 AM PST
    • 332 posts
    February 5, 2020 5:19 AM PST

First to mobilize and engage ... simple as that.

If there is no mechanics that prevent encounters from being taken , the other raid better have more DPS.

This is not being a ****** , this is what contested raiding is about if there is no mechanics or systems in place. 

• 627 posts
    February 5, 2020 5:39 AM PST
    Roll for first go, if they wipe the other guild get the chance.
    • 627 posts
    February 5, 2020 11:16 AM PST
    Also lock ppl for a week after a kill, so they cant farm a boss an infinint amount on every spawn available.
    • 413 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:11 PM PST

The two groups troll each other until half the people log off.  Then the remaining members of the two guilds group up.  Raid, then become friends and form a new guild.

• 368 posts
    February 5, 2020 6:25 PM PST

Settle it in the old ways. Each guild picks their best duelist and the two fight to the death to determine who gets it. Oh yea up hill both ways in the snow.