Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I just can't do another game like this?

• 752 posts
    May 18, 2018 8:56 AM PDT

I haven't had any problems using the /lfg tool in eq1. Am i missing something? When the window pop's up you can filter by level and class. And i have used the groups looking for player with a lot of success. As long as someone has /lfg on they show up in the tool even if they are /anon.

• 801 posts
    May 18, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

kreed99 said:

I haven't had any problems using the /lfg tool in eq1. Am i missing something? When the window pop's up you can filter by level and class. And i have used the groups looking for player with a lot of success. As long as someone has /lfg on they show up in the tool even if they are /anon.

yup old school /lfg on

then go to the /lfg tool and see if you see your name.

• 844 posts
    May 18, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

I can't tell if Crazy is trying to walk back his "millennialism" or simply nuance it.

Frankly, the people designing Pantheon made EQ1 and Vanguard. And not the version of EQ1 that SOE crapped all over years on, not the dumpster fire that Vanguard became after they added KDQ and converted a skill based game to a grind based game.

So Pantheon will be as those two games were in their early days. Very challenging, very immersive, very group/guild dependant. Mistakes will have penalties.

Looking forward to it.

• 752 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:07 PM PDT

I actually am noticing that the /lfg tool shows more people than /who all lfg 60 65 so maybe roleplay or anon plays a part. So there is an issue now that i have tested. As far as /lfg on and me showing up that works just fine. So i will agree with you it is broken, but not that badly. I think the consensus is for a single LFG tool that helps with mentoring and other LFG functions. I love the idea of a robust tool that is fully integrated. I know from all the press and conversations on VOD that Brad is fully on-board with this function. In fact i think he is taking it personal to make it happen and work properly. 

• 287 posts
    May 19, 2018 8:20 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

I feel like only a handful of people are actually listening to what Crazzie is saying and the rest are waving the flag for a "I read what you wrote but I am hearing what I want to hear and argue with" approach

I dont think a robust matchmaking system that still requires travel and communication to execute is a bad thing. A more concise version of /who all LFG that (as suggested) also includes comments / notes isnt game breaking and doesnt create easy mode. But of course thats just my opinion

Of course people are right saying that if you choose DPS you will wait longer, but a more robust LFG tool (that doesnt encroach on the tenets) and may bring DPS into groups a bit faster is not really a bad thing.

Crazzie mentioning that there should be some content for solo, duo and use caster groups, and that is actually what there was in EQ so this shouldn't be an end of the world scenario for people following this game. 

Lets not get too agro / upset at each other here

The needed classes seem to be the least played in every mmo I have tried.  You need someone to get hit (warrior, DL, and Pally).  You need someone to heal (shaman, cleric, druid).  Depending on how close mobs are in most areas you may need control (enchanter, bard necro??).  DPS is not needed...its icing on the cake.  The problems is the vast majority of players want to play DPS and so there is a bunch of them sitting around LFG.  Off tanking seems to be a big thing in pantheon so expect groups to have 2 tanks and 2 healers.  When I played a cleric in EQ 1, I had multiple group invites upon logging in from strangers. When I played my wizard, I would solo 90% of the time.     

I hope pantheon allows us to get creative with grouping like EQ1 did.  Mages, necros, and wizards that couldn't get groups would often form their own group which was highly effective.  Some of my favorite groups were the non traditional ones.  Highly effective duoing was possible......as you didnt need a full group if you players were experienced.    

This post was edited by bryanleo9 at May 19, 2018 8:20 AM PDT
    • 89 posts
    May 19, 2018 9:00 AM PDT

bryanleo9 said:

The needed classes seem to be the least played in every mmo I have tried.  You need someone to get hit (warrior, DL, and Pally).  You need someone to heal (shaman, cleric, druid).  Depending on how close mobs are in most areas you may need control (enchanter, bard necro??).

This is a result of DPS being the most popular, easiest, and supported role. Everyone wants to feel like they killed the monster. Getting beat up by the monster isn't killing it, healing the guy getting beat on isn't killing the monster, confounding the monster with mental tricks isn't killing the monster. The DPSers are actually killing the monster and as such is the most popular role.

Since most developers know that DPS is the most popular role they include several DPS classes so players can feel unique. But this means that player new to the genre who don't know about archtypes are much more likely to pick a DPS class to start as. This is good and bad as it gives the new player an easier class to play as they get introduced to the genre and ensures that they never feel like they aren't killing the monster and so makes it less likely they'll quit. But this is bad because it means that the most populus and therefore least needed role is getting more populated.

bryanleo9 said:

DPS is not needed...its icing on the cake.

This is usually not true and where it is true it shouldn't be. In any environment that requires a full group DPS should be required so that fights end before the CC and Healers run oom and the tank dies. I'll grant that the DPS role is needed the least but it is (or at least should be) still needed.

bryanleo9 said:

I hope pantheon allows us to get creative with grouping like EQ1 did.  Mages, necros, and wizards that couldn't get groups would often form their own group which was highly effective.  Some of my favorite groups were the non traditional ones.  

Same, me and some friends had a lot of fun playing as all pet classes. You'd be surprized how effective three fire elementals and two skeletons is.

• 844 posts
    May 19, 2018 10:12 AM PDT

O.P. Pets?

Anyone that played a lot of advanced EQ1 knows how OP pets were made. I have too many memories of raids that wiped only to have the pets kill the boss themselves. Major sign of pet class inbalance.

Pets should not be so OP as they have been in past versions of Pantheon (heh).

UNBALANCED CLASSES, Ridiculous abilities?

And there was a time where an unstoppable group would be 1 Ench and 5 Wizards with mana-burn. That combinationwas able to take down smaller raid bosses.

Lots of examples of badly balanced classes with class breaking abilities.

But these VR guys (perkins) always had to turn his past games over to other studios on release, so someone else was tweaking and tuning their final product. Hopefully this will be the first time they retain control and continue the "Perkins" vision through out the life of the game.

This post was edited by zewtastic at May 19, 2018 10:18 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    May 19, 2018 1:35 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

O.P. Pets?

Anyone that played a lot of advanced EQ1 knows how OP pets were made. I have too many memories of raids that wiped only to have the pets kill the boss themselves. Major sign of pet class inbalance.

Pets should not be so OP as they have been in past versions of Pantheon (heh).

Are we talking Classic EQ or are we talking todays?

Because when you die in old eq your pet disappears. I don't really remember any of the pets really being that op unelss you were farming lower level content, then you could clear pretty fast.

--------

Back to the OP's stuff.

I personally don't care if there's a LFG  system implemented where you can write notes and such about what you have/want/need. I wouldn't use it because I would just get a group from the zone I'm already in and have it more organicly made. As long as it doesn't teleport you to each other and everyone has to walk or travel by other means to each other this is fine by me.

Anyways I don't think it's as easy as a lot of people make it out to be for "DPS is so easy it's icing on the cake." Usually* Melee classes were although easy to play, very hard to do effectively due to gear restriction. Casters that do CC (Like the enchanter or a root for example) to save the group didn't need gear to get spells to go off they just needed mana. Things normally sort themselves out rather but imo I'm excited to see where thing go with class and ability diversity.

This post was edited by eldrun at May 19, 2018 1:35 PM PDT
    • 98 posts
    May 20, 2018 7:49 AM PDT

Maybe I am simplifying this entire post. But my personal solution to LFG wait time over many (many) MMOs is to choose a class I enjoy and pursue a trade skill for the downtime. Find or make a guild that runs together. Make a name for yourself where people would want you in the group.

Any tool that radically cuts down LFG time is more than likely going to butt heads with the Pantheon ethos of community matters. Just because you are not in a group does not mean that there is nothing to do. Would not your time be better spent crafting, exploring, mentoring, chatting and "networking" rather than sitting and waiting?

Also, we do not know how effective the LFG tool is. I see the VR team doing lots correctly and I will have faith that they will implement a system that most (but not all) will be happy with.

At all costs avoid rolling a toon to solely to cut queues down.

• 287 posts
    May 20, 2018 2:42 PM PDT
    ^ exactly. I will just quest, craft, or explore while lfg. I was never one to sit at a zone in shouting over and over lfg.
    • 2756 posts
    May 20, 2018 3:52 PM PDT

Not having an LFG tool that is good enough such that it actually gets used would be just ridiculous.

No amount of "I made a friend from shouting for help in zone" stories make up for the 99.99% of other times where you spend 2 hours running between zones with entrances to level-appropriate dungeons, popping your head in the door and shouting "LFG!" and can't even trade, craft or solo to pass the tedious time.

There are many aspects of old-school MMORPGs that simple were not good, not matter how much nostalgia is triggered.

Thankfully, this is one area where Brad and friends seem to agree.

An LFG tool does not have to remove interaction any more than a trading tool would have to.  It could simply be used to more effectively put the right people in touch so they can get interacting.  It should cause *more* interaction than running around shouting "LFG!".

This post was edited by disposalist at May 20, 2018 3:56 PM PDT
    • 26 posts
    May 21, 2018 1:00 PM PDT

I have no doubt we'll have a more up to date LFG tool than we're used to. But, there's still no LFG tool the devs could ever dream up that will always guarantee you a group. 

Best to accept that it's going to happen and that it's part of the game. Personally, I chat and/or read a book. Solo whatever is nearby, or craft. If you don't want to do any of that, play an alt.

"But I want to group right here right now on this character." - You can't. Sorry. Game doesn't revolve around one person.

• 752 posts
    May 21, 2018 7:10 PM PDT
    Add a variable level tool and that character can group with any level of group. This opens up more options. Especially if exp gained was applied to my upper level bar.
    • 89 posts
    May 22, 2018 2:13 AM PDT

LFG in EQ (at least back in the original days) happened due to various reasons.

No good LFG tools.

No server wide chat channels (besides /tell and /guild)

Group compositions required as a minimum Tank + Healer, and in higher end content also a CC'er (mez, slow, charms etc) which meant your group wouldn't even get off the ground if there were no players around who played a tank or a healer (or they were too high or low level).

Content became more and more geographically separated (new expansions drew players away from older expansions, stretching out the playerbase across numerous zones).

These days on the TLP servers you can find, or form, groups relatively quickly. A large reason for this is server-wide chat channels where you don't have to run to the zone and see who is around to get a group, but instead you can wait in a central location, get a group and then run to whereever you need to go.

I'm not too worried about LFG in Pantheon. Granted, that might also be because I have no problems forming a group if needed. Some people simply find the "hassle" (and I use quotations because I don't perceive it a a hassle myself) too much work to bother with and thus end up just running around with an LFG tag on.

The steps to help players find groups is a proper LFG tool. Everquest tried to add this by adding a window where you could set yourself up with LFG, level range and a comment as well as an LFP section (Looking for Players) which could be used by groups to advertise for more players to join the group and specify what level range and classes were wanted. While that all sounds good on paper the simple fact is that hardly anyone used it. Half the time players who were LFG didn't even turn on their /lfg flag.

Another way to help players is the mentoring system. If you can scale down in level (and still gain experience) then you could join lower level groups and still play your character without being stuck LFG all day. Plus this would help lower level player also fill up their group more easily so they can do dungeons and content without having to wait to fill their group up.

It also helps to alleivate the lack of critical classes, such as healer and tanks, if the healer and tank classes are made interesting and engaging to play. In many MMO's the tanks often end up doing just one thing... auto-attack while spamming whichever ability they have that generates hate (e.g. taunts, sunder skill, spamming high aggro spells like snares). And healers typically end up standing around (or sitting if the mana-regen is increased from sitting) while playing whack-a-mole with the healthbars.

The more interesting and fun the tank and healer classes are to play the more players will actually play those classes (especially as mains rather than just "I have a cleric alt character just so I can get groups"). And the more players who play those classes the bigger the chances of getting a group started.

In my long experience with forming groups the moment I have a healer+tank in the group I am basically advertising "Need 3 more for group, ANY CLASS", cause honestly.. it doesn't matter what classes you get to fill up a group once healer+tank is secured. A second healer? Sure, they have other abilities too. Might not do as much damage as a rogue or a wizard, but they do more than 0 and at least heals will be sorted and if one healer has to leave you have a backup. Plus you get +reputation with the cleric players for letting them join so they are more likely to come join you again later on :)

I'm sure the developers are looking into many of these things considering their broad experience with the genre in the nearly 2 DECADES that MMO's have been around.

And anyways... many times you don't need a full group to do some of the content. Just getting one more person is often good enough and it allows you to go hunt things while also making friends. I often went on 'hunting trips' as a Shaman together with a Ranger friend and we did quite well together. Plus it's many times more fun to just go as a duo or trio of players and make your own adventures and stories rather than always going for the min-max optimal "tank+healer+CC+DPS+DPS+DPS" setups.

• 110 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:52 AM PDT

Hey gang ... long time, no write ...

There are two ways you can avoid LFG: 1) Make friends or invite your real-life friends to join the game. Because of the friends I made in other games (one of whom I married), I'll always have a steady group. 2) Join a guild. This is another way to make friends and always have people available to group with.

• 769 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:59 AM PDT

Lghtngfan said:

There are two ways you can avoid LFG: 1) Make friends or invite your real-life friends to join the game. Because of the friends I made in other games (one of whom I married), I'll always have a steady group. 2) Join a guild. This is another way to make friends and always have people available to group with.

I may be an outlier, but I'm one who very much enjoys PUG's. Avoiding LFG is the opposite of what I want to do. 

Static groups and guilds to play with are great, sure. And I'll have that, but I truly believe people are really missing out when they decline to do PUGs. It's a cynicism and suspicion of strangers that really bums me out.

• 89 posts
    May 22, 2018 11:09 PM PDT

Tralyan said:

I may be an outlier, but I'm one who very much enjoys PUG's. Avoiding LFG is the opposite of what I want to do. 

Static groups and guilds to play with are great, sure. And I'll have that, but I truly believe people are really missing out when they decline to do PUGs. It's a cynicism and suspicion of strangers that really bums me out.

As a person who for years has been forming, running and replacing people to keep a group going in various MMO's I have to say that PUG's are often the most interesting groups to be in.

Yes, sometimes you get bad apples, or a group that doesn't work too well together. It happens. It's not the end of the world or a crisis. You simply move on, start a new group and get moving again. Not very hard at all.

I will say that in my experience the amount of groups where I had fun and enjoy playing by far outweighs the few times I've had groups that didn't work out, or group members who were straight up jerks.

Another benefit of random groups is meeting new and interesting people, and interacting with other players is the whole point of even playing an MMO (at least in my book). If I wanted to NOT interact with players then I would simply play Oblivion, or Skyrim, or Fallout 4 or some other single player game where you don't have to get a digital anxiety attack from meeting strangers in a group.

Another thing people need to realize is that it is actually okay to boot people from a group sometimes. If someone says they are going afk for 5 minutes and they are gone for 30 then you kick them out and replace them. It has nothing to do about not liking them or being harsh or being elitist or anything like that. It's a simple matter of not having 5 other people either waiting or being less able to play because another person is taking way longer than they said (or worst case is just leeching). But I know a lot of people don't like being the one that clicks on the kick button. "Might offend someone" or some such. "Don't want the heat or the hassle", "Don't want to deal with it" or some such.

Then again, maybe years of dealing with such things has made me more jaded. I had people yell at me for being kicked from the group in the past, but if they don't understand why they get replaced then I can't really sympathize either. E.g. afk for 1 hour when you said you were leaving for 5-10 minutes. Or cross-pulling (for those that don't know this is when a person who is not the designated puller starts aggroing mobs, mostly because they are impatient or something) and nearly getting the group wiped for the 5th time despite having been warned first on /tells, then in groupchat several times... then sorry, but you are OUT. Or constantly ripping aggro from the tank as a DPS class, causing the healer to burn all their mana to keep you alive for the 11th time, again despite being warned to control aggro... then sorry, but you are OUT.

My primary concern as a group leader is always to keep group safe, and if that means booting out some bad apples then so be it. But that is exactly what many players are very reluctant to do, which is why they avoid forming groups and sometimes shy away from joining PUGs.

But, as I said earlier, such cases are not the norm. They are actually quite rare. Most players know common sense and try to learn, and the majority of time you have fun together, plus you make new friends that you can group with later on as well.

PUGs and dungeon crawls is by far one of my favorite activities in MMO games.

• 2756 posts
    May 23, 2018 10:35 AM PDT

Tralyan said:

Lghtngfan said:

I like PUGs too. I spend most of my time in PUGs.

That doesn't mean I like spending lots of time LFG though.  I'd love it if the process of finding PUGs was much easier.

And, no, before someone jumps on me, that doesn't mean I want a Dungeon Finder and would be happier with WoW...

• 769 posts
    May 23, 2018 10:59 AM PDT

disposalist said:

Tralyan said:

Lghtngfan said:

That doesn't mean I like spending lots of time LFG though.  I'd love it if the process of finding PUGs was much easier.

And, no, before someone jumps on me, that doesn't mean I want a Dungeon Finder and would be happier with WoW...

I absolutely agree. Finding groups should be more of a streamlined and user-friendly process, and there should be LFG tools built into the interface that make it a relatively painless process without taking away any of the social interaction. A robust tool is sufficient, I think. 

• 76 posts
    May 23, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

Tralyan said:

disposalist said:

Tralyan said:

Lghtngfan said:

I absolutely agree. Finding groups should be more of a streamlined and user-friendly process, and there should be LFG tools built into the interface that make it a relatively painless process without taking away any of the social interaction. A robust tool is sufficient, I think. 

Agreed. This wouldn’t take any social interaction away and would imo actually bring more.

• 22 posts
    May 24, 2018 9:36 PM PDT

It’s simple as this.

the more carebear/dumbed down/easy it is to find a group the more that what makes a truely great mmo destroy the glue that holds a social community together with interaction. If there is a lfg tool in place it simply makes people lazy. If that’s what people want make a easy mode server with convenient stuff that don’t have a lot of time. I’m 100% sure there is enough casual players to fill a easy mode server. 

This is suppose to be a challenging fun mmo, your actually suppose to work to find groups and make friendships, not click a looking for help playing the game button. (lfg button) 

Use your head, go un anonymous and turn on a lfg tag, that’s the furthest extent that I hope lfg mechanics go. 

Finding and talking with people, figuring out when a available slot is open in a group is one of the biggest factors that start a friendship online. Don’t ruin that aspect please, there is already enough of these easy mode games Or at least give us a option to play on a server without the easy mode mechanic.

make friends, socialize, join a guild, write down names send tells, actually try......... what is wrong with gamers today lol, there is sooooo many ways to find people to play with other than another hand holding experience.

This post was edited by Dreadstar at May 24, 2018 9:45 PM PDT
    • 89 posts
    May 24, 2018 11:18 PM PDT

I don't mind easy tools for finding out who is LFG, or tools for finding out if any groups are looking for players. Whether that is a /who all 10 20 LFG (used this in Everquest a lot to find, in this example, all players between level 10 and 20 who have LFG flag on), some kind of menu you can open which quickly lists everyone who is LFG, their class, level, zone they are in and a custom comment (same for groups looking for players) or some other type of feature to easily find out who is LFG or LFP/LFM (Looking For Players / Looking For More) and what areas are active.

What I DON'T want is some tool where people just click a button and BOOM, they are added to my group. Or some tool where they queue up then instantly gets thrown into a group once a spot opens. Such things would strip away the social aspect and also make players lose control of their group, thus degrading the meaning of the groups and the social interplay that happens in groups.

I would also like to see some way of identifying yourself as a group leader, or rather as willing to lead groups. This could be a flag that is always on whether you are LFG or not. What would be the purpose of this?

I know many players who don't like to start or form groups and take on the role as group leaders. However, there are many players who are more than eager to help get a group started. If some players can mark themselves as group leaders (rather, willing to be group leaders) then those other players could shoot a tell to that person and say "Hey, I'm a lvl 15 rogue LFG. Want to do a group?". In that case, and speaking for myself as someone willing to form groups at least, I would be happy to invite that rogue and see if we could get something started.

Simple reason for this is that often times I might not be actively "Looking For More" or announcing that I'm starting a group. I might be busy doing crafting, or just gathering materials, hanging out and chatting with someone and so on. But if someone asked me if I wanted to start a group then most likely I would be up for it, especially if someone shows an interest to join.

Not sure if this makes sense, the "willing to lead" flag, but in my experience at least I am often more than willing to jump in and do a group but often times other players who want a group but are reluctant to lead one has no way of identifying or knowing which of the other players are actually interested in taking the lead (and the hassle, as some regard it) of putting the group together.

I'd also like to add that being a group leader or "willing to lead flagged" shouldn't come with benefits, like you get 1% more XP when leading or some such. I'm saying this because my experience from other games where leader gets some type of bonus (e.g. level up a leadership skill that enables certain leader perks) will lead to a lot of "not really interested in being a leader, but I want the extra bonus" type of players, and that would be directly detrimental to the whole system.

Anyways... what do you guys think about a "Willing to lead" type of flag / identifier to help other players get in contact with someone who is willing and eager to get groups formed?

This post was edited by Ghroznak at May 24, 2018 11:19 PM PDT
    • 839 posts
    May 24, 2018 11:49 PM PDT

Ghroznak said:

I would also like to see some way of identifying yourself as a group leader, or rather as willing to lead groups. This could be a flag that is always on whether you are LFG or not. What would be the purpose of this?

Hokanu said:

There seems to be a bit of unwillingness for a decent majority of players around in games these days to be involved in starting groups a lot of the time, maybe people are nervous to be the leader or dont want to have to do any extra effort socially to create the group from scratch.

Maybe VR could have a function in the tool that allows people within the LFG world to nominate themselves as a person who is "Looking to Lead" a group.  This is someone who regards themselves as a person who is pro active and willing to work hard to start a group from scratch and build them up.  I found so many times in what appeared to be quiet times, there were enough people looking but not willing to start forming a group from nothing because they were (at that moment) only really considering getting an already formed and active group or maybe they were not good at breaking the ice with a single other player so they never asked if someone wanted to duo as they dont like being the one to then have the responsibility to actually form the group once it is started. 

But (for instance) if I was able to flag myself as a someone Looking to Lead then another person who is looking on the group tool see's me on a special "Looking to Lead" list and knows if i have made contact (or if they make contact 1st) I'll take care of the group building, and with a competent group leader that can usually turn pretty quickly into a trio. For most a duo looking for more is much more enticing than a bunch of randoms LFG and no one knowing who is going to lead.  I would then continue to build on wards until you have a pretty good group in the making on its way to a nearby camp. You know that those groups might become a rag tag of misfits if thge pickings are thin but it keeps the wheels turning and hopefully limits the difficult times Crazzie is talking about when there just isnt a group that wants your class.

We all have had trouble finding groups from time to time depending on the class, but one thing i never had trouble with was starting groups, and then building on them because i was happy to work at it and encourage people to play outside the box with their classes / tactics with throw together PUG's.  I also met people who were way better then me at putting groups together much faster than i could and I'd say "holy jamoly where the hell did you find that healer in 2 mins lol!"  It took a certain type of person with a willingness to work to make it happen. A lot of the time I could turn what would otherwise be a slower night of waiting on LFG into a duo then trio and then before you know it ok, all we need is a proper tank, but my pet can tank for now... lets go :) 

With a current day fancy LFG tool maybe this concept is pointless if it is automated... but I'm still hoping it is not automated and we get a tool that allows us to better connect to each other but not thrown in to a "waiting to form group" countdown.

Great minds :p

• 89 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:51 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

That is funny :) But yes, it just confirms what we are saying... that many players want to be in groups but they don't want the leadership role for it. And with no real way to identify or know who is willing to lead they are stuck with just spamming LFG or perusing whatever tools available until someone comes along and starts a group.

I've seen so many times in Everquest where literally a perfect group have been sitting and spamming LFG, apparently oblivious to eachother. E.g. tank is shouting LFG, healer is shouting LFG, 3 different DPS are shouting LFG... and I'm sitting there thinking, if just ONE of them started inviting the others they would all have a group.

Now if all those people could shout LFG, but also do a "/who LTL" (Looking to Lead) and see a name pop up... then they could easily send a tell to that person "Want to start a group?" and bam! That guy invites everyone who is LFG and everyone has a group.

I think this simple addition could really help improve the LFG system with regards to making it easier to get groups going and finding groups.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has observed this challenge and a simple way to improve upon it :)

• 1479 posts
    May 25, 2018 12:58 AM PDT

Ghroznak said:

Hokanu said:

That is funny :) But yes, it just confirms what we are saying... that many players want to be in groups but they don't want the leadership role for it. And with no real way to identify or know who is willing to lead they are stuck with just spamming LFG or perusing whatever tools available until someone comes along and starts a group.

I've seen so many times in Everquest where literally a perfect group have been sitting and spamming LFG, apparently oblivious to eachother. E.g. tank is shouting LFG, healer is shouting LFG, 3 different DPS are shouting LFG... and I'm sitting there thinking, if just ONE of them started inviting the others they would all have a group.

Now if all those people could shout LFG, but also do a "/who LTL" (Looking to Lead) and see a name pop up... then they could easily send a tell to that person "Want to start a group?" and bam! That guy invites everyone who is LFG and everyone has a group.

I think this simple addition could really help improve the LFG system with regards to making it easier to get groups going and finding groups.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who has observed this challenge and a simple way to improve upon it :)

Not to break your idea but : Wouldn't the guy LTL just see all thoses people avaliable or spamming chat and invite them by himself ? Haven't taken zone difference factor into account, however, I'm just oversimplifying things here.