Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How far will the character creation customization will go ?

• 2752 posts
    December 27, 2018 4:59 PM PST

DracoKalen said:

And I'll have to go back and look, why would a warrior need Charisma?

"War Hero
    You rush to the location of a group member to rescue them from imminent danger, transferring a portion of the enemy’s current Hate towards them onto you. If your Charisma is above a certain threshold, the group member's actions will generate less hate for a short time. (Uses 1 Battle Point)"

Kittik said:

This is what I'm looking to avoid in games.  Not everyone needs to be able to do everything. And not everyone needs to be the same as everything else.  Although I've been a Paladin fan my whole life, I'm fine if they say "Ehh, well ya know what, in a pure MT aspsect, yea, a warrior is better."

It's not about everyone being able to do everything, it's about everyone being able to fulfill their primary job with parity to others with the same role. 

• 768 posts
    December 27, 2018 11:06 PM PST

I usually aim for a elderly character. Most of the time being heavy is not an option so I'ld go the opposite, making them reallly thin.

I hope that there will be a some kind of aging in it, although that might compete with the progeny system. If that's rolled out. 

While most think about muscled warrior tanks and tall slim mages.. With my aim towards crafting and economy, I hope to create a "heavy" elderly businessmen. 

A crafter who's got it made and lives as if king of the world. 

Fingers crossed for weight and age variety.

One can only dream, right?

This post was edited by Barin999 at December 27, 2018 11:06 PM PST
    • 19 posts
    December 28, 2018 12:40 AM PST

I love having in depth character creation, but definitely with limitations. The creation in ARK is a good example of too much freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2Rr8hLQ0M

Either the range of sliders needs to be reduced or certain sliders need to have some impact on other parts of your body (You can make your legs huge but the rest of your body has to get a little bit bigger too)

I love love LOVE the idea of having animation options. Let me change my walk animation like in GTA Online. Let me meditate by kneeling or praying instead of sitting. How about some race/class specific variations of emotes? How about a way to unlock these emotes for other races/classes? (ie, learn another races /dance by completing a quest or building rep etc)

• 70 posts
    December 28, 2018 1:22 AM PST

I would love to see strength to be an influence on how much muscle you have. Warrior would look muscled and mage would not.

And I love to be able to make Ugly characters, because while everyone is making their perfect character, Ugly characters will stand out more and really have character!

Being Fat is a good option I would like to see too.

• 233 posts
    December 28, 2018 12:36 PM PST

I usually dont care too much about character creation, once you have gear on you barely see them anyway.
    I also dont like ridiculous looking characters or boob sliders.

The idea of fat players running around ...i dont know how to feel about it.
    On one hand yes fat people exist, but i can just imagine people using it to troll and mess about, running around naked to show how fat they are.
    It's also unlikely that a hero, constantly exploring and killing things would even be fat.
    The game should have fat npcs, not all bread merchants should be ripped :)

My main poiint is, i dont think many peope will use it in a productive way, i think they will just use it for sight gags.

• 6 posts
    December 28, 2018 6:44 PM PST

Boildown said:

It would be cooler if the muscle to fat ratio was controlled by your strength, agility, dexterity, and constitution stats instead of a slider.  No game does this currently, Pantheon should break the mold.

This is a bit of a throw back but the first Fable game had a system where if you over indulged your character got fat and you had to go out and run/fight in order to burn it off. 

• 230 posts
    December 29, 2018 7:31 AM PST

Iksar said:

DracoKalen said:

And I'll have to go back and look, why would a warrior need Charisma?

"War Hero
    You rush to the location of a group member to rescue them from imminent danger, transferring a portion of the enemy’s current Hate towards them onto you. If your Charisma is above a certain threshold, the group member's actions will generate less hate for a short time. (Uses 1 Battle Point)"

Kittik said:

This is what I'm looking to avoid in games.  Not everyone needs to be able to do everything. And not everyone needs to be the same as everything else.  Although I've been a Paladin fan my whole life, I'm fine if they say "Ehh, well ya know what, in a pure MT aspsect, yea, a warrior is better."

So really Cha is not needed. What is a certain level? Where all the PAL directly reflect.

It's not about everyone being able to do everything, it's about everyone being able to fulfill their primary job with parity to others with the same role. 

So really Cha is not needed. What is a certain level? Where all the PAL directly reflect.

This post was edited by DracoKalen at December 29, 2018 7:32 AM PST