Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Solo, Small To Full Group Or Raid?

• 184 posts
    November 9, 2017 12:32 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Zuljan said:

@Liav and @oneADseven; what do you think about my 2 group design proposal on page 5? I thought it was a decent, rough-draft design. You two provide consisent critique to many topics of discussion, so I thought I'd have the best chance at a thorough response if I asked you guys. Don't be gentle ; )

I think it's a great idea.  Pantheon has been touted as a group-centric game that is looking to bring back the value of meeting other people in the world, interacting with them, and working together.  I think having a consistent flux of X2 content-rich areas would be amazing.  It would add more danger to the world as well as an additional incentive for people to interact and team up.  For some reason, I don't really consider X2 content "raid content."  It's just two groups working together and something like that sounds perfectly aligned and even complimentary with the "group centric" vision for this game.  Something like this would also be very appealing for the hardcore raider types ... it's not quite raid content, but it could be another great resource to help the guild actually feel like a guild outside of raids.  One concern I have with loads and loads of group content is that I am not able to interact with the majority of my guild while doing group content.

Very rarely would it make sense for me to group with other tanks, or healers/DPS outside of my regular or "static" group.  X2 content would allow me to play with other players/groups that I otherwise wouldn't be able to outside of raiding.  All in all I think there is some incredible merit in your proposal and sincerely hope the dev team takes a look at it.  Additionally, just like some solo players could be capable of killing small group content, I imagine some single groups being able to tackle this X2 content.  This would be an absolute stud in diversifying the risk vs reward of the world.  Whether I would be attempting this content with 1 group or 2 doesen't really matter, I would just be happy to know that it's there.  The more the better.  If it's getting 2 groups to link up to just kill something and then part ways ... bleh.  I would like to see sizable patches of X2 content where people can work together for an extended period of time.  This is one of my favorite community generated ideas that I have seen on this forum.  Thank you.

Thanks for the detailed feedback my friend. You really expanded on certain aspects I didn't taken into account, such as the added guild dimension/friendship building for those of us who are closer knit to grouping with our guilds as opposed to PUGs. It's really apparent in larger guilds or raids where you never really get to know a good handful of people. I even remember having some indignation toward people at times whom bid on what I would call a "horizontal upgrade" where they gain 30hp and mana vs my 150 hp/mana upgrade (but DKP is DKP so you end up having a growing grudge against some people). Having more opportunities (and as you pointed out, true reasons) to group with guildies on a day to day basis or on off raid nights would also help circumnagivate minute guild issues like this, for you'll actually have built some rapport with these members and can easily shoot them a kind tell asking them to pass on loot or whatever the circumstance may be.

Also make a good point about single groups being able to at least tackle some mobs or mini nameds in the X2 content as well; just creates more overlapping content and options while exploring and conquering higher risk/reward areas which is what this game is all about. Heading home now, will try to tackle some other response toward this system I've seen here; thanks all for the feedback.

Also big shout out to Philo, who sent me a kind message coupled with a link to an old, 2 year thread where he presented the same idea; although it didn't get the same attention/size of audience during those early devlopment days, he made landfall on it awhile ago : )

Now we just need that beastmaster Liav to give us his best; if that sheep herder can't find holes in this system then no one can :D

This post was edited by Zuljan at November 9, 2017 12:34 PM PST
    • 417 posts
    November 9, 2017 12:48 PM PST

Group>Solo>Raid

• 1860 posts
    November 9, 2017 1:56 PM PST

Zuljan said:

Now we just need that beastmaster Liav to give us his best; if that sheep herder can't find holes in this system then no one can :D

Liav Sheepherder.  That should definitely be his surname.