Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will there be dragons??

• 72 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:24 PM PDT
    I can only assume there will be dragons and I would think that VR is keeping them a secret for the time being. I bet they will look absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to see one, IF they exist
    • 2130 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:26 PM PDT

If there aren't dragons, we riot. Plain and simple.

• 11 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:27 PM PDT

And Beholder pretty please, I love Beholder ! Faction battle Beholder versus dragons! ;D?

• 126 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:29 PM PDT

Given that the lore has them I would assume that they will be in at some point in time. 

• 155 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:32 PM PDT

Liav said:

Hah Liav 

@Shasta they said there would be :)

@Yeuo : Beholder are Trademarked.

This post was edited by Rendall at November 3, 2017 4:33 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

@Rendall Really? Aw so sucks :( Any place where we can see what is trademarked and what isn't? D:

• 769 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:39 PM PDT

Rendall said:

Liav said:

Hah Liav 

@Shasta they said there would be :)

@Yeuo : Beholder are Trademarked.

Weren't there Beholder-like-creatures in VG?

And aren't the Evil Eyes in EQ Beholders? Or am I getting my bestiarys mixed up?

• 31 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:43 PM PDT

"Here be dragons..."

It was mentioned in one of the fairly recent streams that dragons are in. Drakes, wyverns, wyrms as well. As far as beholders I'm  not sure about copyright issues, they were in Everquest (actually had their own zone, Beholders Maze/Gorge of King Xorbb) so maybe?

I'd be surprised and saddened if they weren't.

This post was edited by kristov at November 3, 2017 4:46 PM PDT
    • 155 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:56 PM PDT

Tralyan said:

And aren't the Evil Eyes in EQ Beholders? Or am I getting my bestiarys mixed up?

Can't remember from the top of my head in VG, in appearance possibly, not in term of naming for sure. AFAIK Beholder is a D&D 

Correct me if I am wrong.

This post was edited by Rendall at November 3, 2017 4:58 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:58 PM PDT

It's right there in the FAQ: 

14.3 - "Yes. Dragons play a significant and unique role in Terminus. There will be all kinds of Dragonkind -- drakes, wyverns, wyrms and true dragons which are also a large part of ancient lore."

• 633 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:02 PM PDT

Rendall said:

Tralyan said:

Can't remember from the top of my head in VG, in appearance possibly, not in term of naming for sure. AFAIK Beholder is a D&D 

If I remember correctly, in EQ there was the Gorge of King Xxorb, but the short name for it (when you did a /who all) was beholdermaze

• 384 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

The lore is definitely worth your time! It's so good.

https://pantheonmmo.com/lore/history_of_terminus/

• 31 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:08 PM PDT

I don't know if it can be trademarked since the word is part of the language. Perhaps?

I know WotC considers it product identity so it isn't licensed for OGL, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have any real legal protections. I just don't know.

i do know the name was used in a zone name in Everquest: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3520

Im sure we'll see them whether they're called observers, evil eyes, beholders, watchers or some other name. 

• 155 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:17 PM PDT

For all I care these name should be usable and such. it's all Fantasy stuff, Maybe it is just a way to avoid "Buggers" to even think about it Legally. Similar to the current Dire Lord- Shadow Knight- etc.

It is maybe just a consensus to leave some naming convention to whom came up with it 1st by respect. I sure dont know.

• 53 posts
    November 3, 2017 5:58 PM PDT

Just no Quarm.

Thanks.

• 37 posts
    November 3, 2017 7:06 PM PDT
    Give me gnolls!! Love me some Blackburrow!
    • 454 posts
    November 3, 2017 7:39 PM PDT

There be dragons!  I can’t wait!  The first time to see a full on dragon, it should be a thing of wonder.  Given the time and effort the graphics we’ve seen on clouds, trees, water, I’m expecting dragons will blow me away.

• 234 posts
    November 3, 2017 7:52 PM PDT

I hope dragons can be found wondering in mid to high level areas and that dragon AoE isn't limited to just the raid thats engaged with it. 

My first dragon experience in EQ, I was maybe mid 40's and soloing some stuff in the Dreadlands. 

Then I hear a shout, "Warning we are pulling Gore!! get out of the way.."

Not having any idea what a Gore was, I looked around, noticed that all seemed normal and went about kiting another mob or two. 

About half way through  my kite I noticed a large figure flying by, it intrigued me so much that I rooted the two mobs I was on and ran to go see it. 

Well that was my mistake as I then learned what Dragon AoE was all about.

Splat dead.

Sure did make getting revenge later that much sweeter. 

• 287 posts
    November 4, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

Def. looking forward to dragons and massive raid bosses. 

• 1120 posts
    November 4, 2017 8:34 AM PDT

Hateborn said:

Just no Quarm.

Thanks.

Dude.   Why in the world wouldn't you want quarm.  He is literally the embodiment of 4 elemental gods, who in a futile last ditch effort banded together in order to protect the world from zeb being freed.

I can only hope there is s raid zone as epic as that. 

As for his character model... He's basically Cerberus with an extra head.  So 3 heads = ok but 4 = riot  .. strange!

• 24 posts
    November 4, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

Remember Western Wastes?  Geeze that was awe inspiring.  I also miss that cold feeling in the pit of my stomach, wondering if I would be zoning in right under Woushi.

• 1120 posts
    November 4, 2017 9:54 AM PDT

Porshia said:

Remember Western Wastes?  Geeze that was awe inspiring.  I also miss that cold feeling in the pit of my stomach, wondering if I would be zoning in right under Woushi.

I loved WW, i do NOT want to zone in to a dragon murdering me though lol

• 294 posts
    November 4, 2017 11:39 AM PDT

The lore has dragons. There will be dragons at some point.

• 769 posts
    November 4, 2017 1:06 PM PDT

Rendall said:

Tralyan said:

Had to do some Googling and searching to refresh my memory, and even found a video to confirm. In Rakshasa Citadel, in Qalia, there are "Beholders", though they certainly aren't named that, so you're probably correct that the name is trademarked.

http://vanguard.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rakshasa_Citadel 

Should never have gone searching for Vanguard things. Now I'm sad. 

This post was edited by Tralyan at November 4, 2017 1:09 PM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    November 4, 2017 1:07 PM PDT

I would have a real kick seeing that the dragon is so magnificent, and awesome to see and than watch my computer screen say "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED!" lol the people that get it will have a real kick out of this.