Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How much....

• 24 posts
    November 4, 2017 11:55 AM PDT

I think it's a great idea.  Obv they will try to match people based on game related info; class/role/goals, etc.  Eventually it will wind up being whoever is available.

• 98 posts
    November 4, 2017 1:21 PM PDT

I was in a group in Bastion of Thunder way back and between pulls we were chatting, a strange concept in today's games. We were chatting about what we were reading, the healer a dark elf Cleric started talking about an author I had not heard of, so I read this book "Fool's Errand" and was immediately hooked, Robin Hobb to this day is still one of my fave authors.

The point of this ramble is that sharing even a small amount of info could potentially unlock worlds for you and friendships. I am all in, last time I said that I lost "the shirt off my back".

Have a good day, or night 8)

• 107 posts
    November 6, 2017 12:14 AM PST

Hello folks. Topic i take it is how much information you need to find a group? Some random thoughts on option.

Looking for group on (again this game is going to be hard enough soloing). or Looking for group (questing) on. or Looking for group exploring on.

Looking for gathering, harvesting, collecting resources on. (dont know which one they will use in getting stuff for crafting).

Looking for crafting on. (crafting with someone, tailor needs some materials from weaponsmith or potter).

Looking for group on/off.

I am Looking for group (Druid level 12 Elf). This includes adventuring and questing.

I am looking for group exploring (Cleric level 15 Human). This includes exploring and some adventuring.

I am looking for group crafting (Weaponsmith level 5 Dwarf).

I am looking for group resources (Cleric level 15 Human).

Group option. Looking for group on.

Group looking for (Cleric level 15).

Group looking for (Crafters level 6 Pottery)

• 334 posts
    November 6, 2017 8:33 AM PST

Basicly anything you could be doing together in game.
    Nephele and Ravenwolf make me wonder if there are tradeskill\crafts that you could to in groups; as such needing that in the tool.

• 109 posts
    November 8, 2017 9:50 PM PST

Ravenwolf said:

Hello folks. Topic i take it is how much information you need to find a group? Some random thoughts on option.

Looking for group on (again this game is going to be hard enough soloing). or Looking for group (questing) on. or Looking for group exploring on.

Looking for gathering, harvesting, collecting resources on. (dont know which one they will use in getting stuff for crafting).

Looking for crafting on. (crafting with someone, tailor needs some materials from weaponsmith or potter).

Looking for group on/off.

I am Looking for group (Druid level 12 Elf). This includes adventuring and questing.

I am looking for group exploring (Cleric level 15 Human). This includes exploring and some adventuring.

I am looking for group crafting (Weaponsmith level 5 Dwarf).

I am looking for group resources (Cleric level 15 Human).

Group option. Looking for group on.

Group looking for (Cleric level 15).

Group looking for (Crafters level 6 Pottery)

whooooosh.... 

i think you must have not read anything from original article nor what brad added .... 

• 441 posts
    November 9, 2017 8:36 AM PST

A tool to make find people to make friends is not a dungeon finder. I think its a step in the right direction. More pls.

• 24 posts
    November 9, 2017 9:09 AM PST

Personally I love receiving a lot of tells/messages.  I will use voice chat, but like it significantly less.  I'm not the kind of person who feels that I have to force every person to enjoy what a game such as Pantheon brings to the table.  Either you get it, or you don't.  This game is going to be different.  Hopefully you will see the benefit in that.  I just read some of the other posts....why do so many people think that the matchmaker system is going to ask for PERSONAL information?  Please understand that this is absurd.

• 769 posts
    November 9, 2017 9:10 AM PST

Jazznblues said:

I was in a group in Bastion of Thunder way back and between pulls we were chatting, a strange concept in today's games. We were chatting about what we were reading, the healer a dark elf Cleric started talking about an author I had not heard of, so I read this book "Fool's Errand" and was immediately hooked, Robin Hobb to this day is still one of my fave authors.

The point of this ramble is that sharing even a small amount of info could potentially unlock worlds for you and friendships. I am all in, last time I said that I lost "the shirt off my back".

Have a good day, or night 8)

Yes! Farseer Trilogy and Tawny Man Trilogy are incredible books. Robin Hobb is severely underrated. 

• 16 posts
    November 9, 2017 10:07 AM PST

I’m surprised to see so many negative reactions to the dev’s attempts to try and facilitate social interaction. Obviously, I don’t know any more than you do about the actual systems, but I strongly suspect that it would have an opt in or out feature to prevent anyone from being bombarded by unwanted spam. I personally have played quite a few games, and the tools to group players have always left quite a lot to be desired.

I look at this as having options. If you’re not interested, turn it off. If, instead, you have a day off or are playing at an off time when most guildmates aren’t on, I’d rather be playing than LFG.

• 1860 posts
    November 9, 2017 10:11 AM PST

So what do you all think some of the grouping criteria might be?  Brad joked it is P-harmony. 

Will it be things like hobbies, favorite TV shows/movies, area of occupation, musical interests etc?

• 668 posts
    November 9, 2017 10:33 AM PST

With such a strong emphasis on social play, I would expect a top notch chat / communication system and the need for creating many friendships.  Most of the time this happens naturally, during same plsy time hours, and eventually you establish a solid list of players you really like.  Hopefully the majority are or get into same guild which makes orga much easier.

I can't see an artificial systen do what I can do with my interactions in the game world.  I am all about anything which promotes live interaction between players.  (anti-PUG)