Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Was The Best Bit?

• 319 posts
    October 2, 2017 12:48 PM PDT

To be hones the whole thing was just awesome. Made me want more and more. But i predict nce they get those flags waving in the wind it will be alpha time.

• 470 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:06 PM PDT

I'm not exactly the most technical savy person, but when Bruno talked about how the land and all rendered all at once to save memory and improve performance, that sounded nice. :) The art looks a ton better from the last stream as well. A little light and shadow goes a long way.

This post was edited by Kratuk at October 2, 2017 1:06 PM PDT
    • 56 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:25 PM PDT

Hunk said: My favorite part was when they announced they would be closing Pre-Alpha pledges soon and sending the lot of us into a frenzy.

Isn't that the truth.. The amount of progress the team has made up to this point and the dedication to stay to their original vision was enough to persuade me to change my pledge... Damn you all!

• 26 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:39 PM PDT

All of it was great. I personally loved how far the clip plane went out, along with how far the actor plane(if that is what it's called) went out as well. It really gave the area a greater sense of scale when we could see a character running on the road, as well as barely being able to see and click on the guard at the bridge. I hope that stays in. I for one can't stand objects/people popping in as I am running through an area.

• 644 posts
    October 2, 2017 5:05 PM PDT

The interplay of the shadows from the moving branches onto the moving grass blades.

I  also loved the water.  I'm a long-time SCUBA diver and did a lot of optical engineering back in the day and was absolutely smitten with the appearance and immersiveness of the water.

This was probably the best stream I've ever seen - so so so so so so SOOOO much better than the prior one.  Just fantastic.

• 3237 posts
    October 2, 2017 5:40 PM PDT

32:09 - 32:26 was my favorite bit.  The way the music and crows fade in while Kilsin talks about something nasty maybe spawning in the area almost seemed like it was choreographed.

This post was edited by oneADseven at October 2, 2017 5:44 PM PDT
    • 294 posts
    October 2, 2017 6:03 PM PDT

Loved the draw distance and fog/mist effects in the underground especially.

Amazing that this is just the first pass improvement. I look forward to what you will do from here.

• 417 posts
    October 2, 2017 8:18 PM PDT

I loved the skin texture and detail of the ogre. I don't usually play evil races but the amount of character it had has made me reevaluate. Also, I'm very drawn to the rocks. They just scream climb on me and I look forward to trying to climb as many places as possible.

• 316 posts
    October 2, 2017 11:55 PM PDT

The game looked SO FUN to jump into and play - the grass, trees, foliage, lighting, textures, structures, CREATURES (bats look excellent! little spiders! the slithering snake!).

My favorite part was seeing the Gloom environment from afar and going toward it - that lighting was excellent. I can hardly believe we'll be playing an MMO and have an experience like that. So forboding and immersive.

I also really liked seeing the Ogre model - incredible work with him. It was nice seeing his larger stomach, more monstrous. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product Skar model.. they should look scary.

Overall, outstanding work, really beyond my expectations. And to think these things will be looking better. You're making an extraordinary game.

And I also liked the metal basins (for fires?) hanging from the lion sculptures' mouths on the walls of the stone arches. Such great artistry.

This post was edited by Alexander at October 2, 2017 11:57 PM PDT
    • 430 posts
    October 3, 2017 12:05 AM PDT

Two major things stood out to me , The clouds looked alive and the water had movement :) means water zones will be great .

My favorite was the crystals all glowing and alive .

This post was edited by Shea at October 3, 2017 12:06 AM PDT
    • 542 posts
    October 3, 2017 1:59 AM PDT

The best bit for me was that the stream was proof  that they put a lot of their effort in creating a rich environment

This post was edited by Fluffy at October 3, 2017 2:04 AM PDT
    • 248 posts
    October 3, 2017 3:30 AM PDT

It was such a good stream, so much to choose from. The sky, the trees, the grass...
    I really liked the area around the obelisk, with the fog, the crows and the light.
    But the best bit would have to be the cave. I want to live there! The spooky green fog, the darkness, the way the light dimmed when looking down the tunnels. What a great place to explore!

-sorte.

• 1303 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:07 AM PDT

For me the best part was seeing the massive improvements to the visuals, while hearing repeatedly that even that was "first pass" on all these new systems. It'll just got better from here, and it's pretty stunning already. Hope you guys are paying Bruno buckets full of money. :)

• 2419 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:23 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Now that the Technical Art stream is behind us, what was the part you liked the most? #PRF #Communitymatters

ICYMI: https://youtu.be/T3mr5_SDgsk

I liked where they were standing on top of the tower and COHH saw the rogue running across the zone on the road.  Being able to see that far was awesome.  Now I know that won't be the render distance on release, but it was still good.  For me, though, the best bit will be when all these amazing lighting effects, textures, animations, sprites, particles are displaying at 60fps while 40+ people are visible on my screen as we smash the crap out of some dragon.  I swear to whatever dieties may or may not exist that if I need to turn down effects in yet another video game where realistic graphics were touted as being amazing and whatever but grinds even an ultra-high end machine to a halt you'll need to ban me from the forums for the hate filled vitriol I will unleash.  :)

• 1921 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:47 PM PDT

philo said:

I want to preface this post by saying that: 

I am that person who turns everything graphical, except for clip plane, to either very low or off.  I don't want the grass or the reflection to make me see a mob a milisecond later than I would otherwise.  I'm also "that guy" who tends to think that the graphics shown a year ago were good enough and that spending a lot of extra time in that area is a waste.

That ^ being said.  I was impressed.  It looked gorgeous.  The work that has gone into it is noticable.  If someone like me can appreciate what has been accomplished visually, you knocked it out of the park.  Well done, nice job. (I will still be playing with everything turned off  :D).

My favorite part, like others, was the draw distance...max clip plane distance.

This response is exactly what I would have written, so, well said, philo. :)  I'm looking forward to seeing class reveals, skills/spell details, combat mechanics and gameplay implementations in the future.

• 2130 posts
    October 3, 2017 6:12 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

I liked where they were standing on top of the tower and COHH saw the rogue running across the zone on the road.  Being able to see that far was awesome.  Now I know that won't be the render distance on release, but it was still good.  For me, though, the best bit will be when all these amazing lighting effects, textures, animations, sprites, particles are displaying at 60fps while 40+ people are visible on my screen as we smash the crap out of some dragon.  I swear to whatever dieties may or may not exist that if I need to turn down effects in yet another video game where realistic graphics were touted as being amazing and whatever but grinds even an ultra-high end machine to a halt you'll need to ban me from the forums for the hate filled vitriol I will unleash.  :)

Agree with this. Pretty graphics are meaningless if performance is in the dumpster.

• 287 posts
    October 9, 2017 8:31 PM PDT
    I was so happy to see the first person view duel wielding those swords. It looked awesome.
    • 363 posts
    October 10, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

Totally blown away by everything I saw. Keep up the awesome work and, by the way, how soon is soon for alpha? :P