Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Hug A Tree Or Two!

• 338 posts
    August 25, 2017 6:29 AM PDT

Would be a bummer if trees don't fall over when you chop them down like they did in Vanguard.

Kiz~

• 1095 posts
    August 25, 2017 7:29 AM PDT

I like the path in the first pic, reminds me of Faydwer paths.

• 184 posts
    August 25, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

The continuous addition of tiny details are really starting to bring the world to life. Off topic; are there any plans to implent appropriate tree/branch unit collision (the breadth of combat strategies/positioning could possibly be expanded this way) or is that something to approach later in development?

• 208 posts
    August 25, 2017 2:59 PM PDT

To me trees are very iportant to the game.  As an avid hunter IRL trees are awesome to hide behind from prey or even to hide predators from prey.  I hope that the devs and builders e environment in mind when they create some mobs and npcs and the like because there is nothing as heart pounding as something suddenly appearing out of nowhere especially in the dark.

• 77 posts
    August 25, 2017 4:26 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

It does indeed! I had a huge Jacaranda tree in my backyard when I was growing up and it was awesome to climb for me and my brother. :)

I remember the exact same thing as a kid :) There was a part to the Jacaranda that you had to climb upside down to get further up the trunk and that part was higher than the roof of the house! When I was very young my aunt showed me the movie 'Little Shop of Horrors' and afterwards I thought the Jacaranda seed pods were going to eat me! Ha now imagine if there were trees in Pantheon that actually were dangerous, that would fit well into the notion of 'PVE'.

• 9115 posts
    August 25, 2017 7:13 PM PDT

Vaeruun said:

Kilsin said:

It does indeed! I had a huge Jacaranda tree in my backyard when I was growing up and it was awesome to climb for me and my brother. :)

I remember the exact same thing as a kid :) There was a part to the Jacaranda that you had to climb upside down to get further up the trunk and that part was higher than the roof of the house! When I was very young my aunt showed me the movie 'Little Shop of Horrors' and afterwards I thought the Jacaranda seed pods were going to eat me! Ha now imagine if there were trees in Pantheon that actually were dangerous, that would fit well into the notion of 'PVE'.

Hahaha, nice mate! :D