Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Hug A Tree Or Two!

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 3:57 AM PDT

Trees, even Terminus needs them to sustain the inhabitants but how much do they matter, we believe they add a lot and it's in the details. #PRF

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 24, 2017 6:54 AM PDT
    • 323 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:02 AM PDT
    Looking good. Let us in! Can a character climb those rocks in the last shot?
    • 633 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:03 AM PDT

First picture, left tree, looks like a kid's dream tree.  The kind of tree that you and your siblings play on all day long.

• 166 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:09 AM PDT

I like trees and they are really looking good, I only hope, that the trees in the first and the third picture have no leaves because the pictures are being taken during late autumn or winter. I hope during spring and summertime they have a lot of green leave and during autumn they change their color. I think this is only dreaming, but it really would be great if we have different season with some impact to the world.

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:26 AM PDT

Gnog said: Looking good. Let us in! Can a character climb those rocks in the last shot?

You can jump up them like steps but not climb like you saw in Amberfaet.

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:27 AM PDT

kelenin said:

First picture, left tree, looks like a kid's dream tree.  The kind of tree that you and your siblings play on all day long.

It does indeed! I had a huge Jacaranda tree in my backyard when I was growing up and it was awesome to climb for me and my brother. :)

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:28 AM PDT

Landbert said:

I like trees and they are really looking good, I only hope, that the trees in the first and the third picture have no leaves because the pictures are being taken during late autumn or winter. I hope during spring and summertime they have a lot of green leave and during autumn they change their color. I think this is only dreaming, but it really would be great if we have different season with some impact to the world.

At the moment that is just the permanent state of those trees but we may be able to add something like that later on in testing if the engine can handle it without causing too much lag/stress :)

• 17 posts
    August 24, 2017 4:32 AM PDT

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can the engine handle it? :)

Joke aside, they definitely add to the scene. Great job!

• 50 posts
    August 24, 2017 5:29 AM PDT

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

• 112 posts
    August 24, 2017 5:57 AM PDT

Love the attention to variation and coloration of the trees and landscape in general. Really adds to the thematic feel of the zones. 

• 454 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:17 AM PDT

Man, the graphics as shown in all these shots are great.  I love the trees, and the clouds too.  Awesome job.

• 67 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:46 AM PDT

Aweome looking ... great job VR ! Ty for sharing Kilsin. 

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:55 AM PDT

Kaeril said:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, can the engine handle it? :)

Joke aside, they definitely add to the scene. Great job!

We certainly hope so! hahaha :D

• 9115 posts

Zazzaro said:

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Thank you!

• 9115 posts

Azotate said:

Love the attention to variation and coloration of the trees and landscape in general. Really adds to the thematic feel of the zones. 

Yeah, the devs have done a great job in that area, among others!

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:56 AM PDT

Questaar said:

Man, the graphics as shown in all these shots are great.  I love the trees, and the clouds too.  Awesome job.

Glad you like them my friend, you just wait until you see the new lighting and shaders ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:56 AM PDT

Paradime said:

Aweome looking ... great job VR ! Ty for sharing Kilsin. 

You're very welcome my friend :)

• 16 posts
    August 24, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

Can we cut them down for crafting materials?

I need to make arrows, I need to make tables, I need to make workbenches!

• 15 posts
    August 24, 2017 7:35 AM PDT

Fantastic job on all the trees and the variation i'm seeing for the different areas and their climates.  This looks like Avendyrs Pass and somewhere near Wilds End if i'm not mistaken.

• 35 posts
    August 24, 2017 8:11 AM PDT

Looking good.

The left cloud on the last picture looks like a dog. 

• 174 posts
    August 24, 2017 8:23 AM PDT

Revjak said:

Looking good.

The left cloud on the last picture looks like a dog. 

Shhhh, that's the new druid spell, "raining cats and dogs" - causes natures minions to rain down and attack your enemies!

• 35 posts
    August 24, 2017 1:25 PM PDT
    Trees are the benchmark for me and they're looking great!
    • 363 posts
    August 24, 2017 2:03 PM PDT

Looking great! I especially like the 2nd screenshot the best. The whole area just looks interesting.

• 220 posts
    August 24, 2017 3:06 PM PDT

This is a Tree on Rock, any Questions?

This is what trees think of rocks in real life.

Please forward this to whoever keeps ignoring rocks as perfectly reasonable tree habitat...

This post was edited by ZennExile at August 24, 2017 3:50 PM PDT
    • 125 posts
    August 24, 2017 5:33 PM PDT

All look very nice... 1 and 3 really stand out for me thought. Good job guys. Getting more and more excited :)

This post was edited by Aatu at August 24, 2017 5:34 PM PDT