Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are you prepared for a Dungeon or Raid!

• 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 3:57 AM PDT

What is the most important thing to ensure your character has when entering a dungeon or raid area? #PRF

• 21 posts
    June 12, 2017 4:16 AM PDT

My gear. xD

Joking.

Probably some reagents for spells, especially like in EQ1.

Stat boosting potions like in most games, even healing or mana regen potions.

Weapon boosts, food buffs, doctor buffs, entertainer buffs, item buffs, etc. like in SWG.

I guess depends on the game along with how actually useful the consumables are; am not gonna lie in most mmos I've played I've never really bothered with consumables that give stats because they just were never ever a game changer. 

Utility pots such as underwater breathing or levitating are the most useful, especially if the dungeon or zone requires it and you do not have the spells.

• 18 posts
    June 12, 2017 4:41 AM PDT

Communication.  Having a group that communicates well will ensure victory. gear, stats, group makeup? no. communicating with your team makes the difference.

• 409 posts
    June 12, 2017 4:42 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:45 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    June 12, 2017 4:53 AM PDT

Just toss me a download link for the current build so I can make sure I'm prepared:) Need to shine my boots for all the kicking , and sharpen my tongue for all my taunting

• 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:02 AM PDT

Baid321 said:

My gear. xD

Joking.

Probably some reagents for spells, especially like in EQ1.

Stat boosting potions like in most games, even healing or mana regen potions.

Weapon boosts, food buffs, doctor buffs, entertainer buffs, item buffs, etc. like in SWG.

I guess depends on the game along with how actually useful the consumables are; am not gonna lie in most mmos I've played I've never really bothered with consumables that give stats because they just were never ever a game changer. 

Utility pots such as underwater breathing or levitating are the most useful, especially if the dungeon or zone requires it and you do not have the spells.

Yeah, solid plan mate, maybe some friends too ;)

• 9115 posts

ChristoUS82 said:

Communication.  Having a group that communicates well will ensure victory. gear, stats, group makeup? no. communicating with your team makes the difference.

Yes, communication is a very big one ;)

• 9115 posts

Nimryl said:

My wits.

Haha nice :)

• 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:03 AM PDT

Newgraves said:

Just toss me a download link for the current build so I can make sure I'm prepared:) Need to shine my boots for all the kicking , and sharpen my tongue for all my taunting

Lol, in good time my friend ;)

• 37 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:07 AM PDT

Graph paper & a pencil...just in case.

• 16 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

Remedies, Holy Waters, Antidotes, Echo Drops, maybe some elixirs and potions.  

• 112 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:04 AM PDT
    • Gear check
      Definitely make sure I am not bringing my frost resist set into a scorching hot dungeon. 
    • Buffs
      Potions and Spells. Nothing pisses of the Leader like showing up unprepared.
    • DKP
      Enough to grab that one item I am here for even though I know it will never drop.
    • Beer
      Keep it pouring as this looks to be a long night.
    • 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

ariesel said:

Graph paper & a pencil...just in case.

I like this answer :)

• 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

dmowgrb said:

Remedies, Holy Waters, Antidotes, Echo Drops, maybe some elixirs and potions.  

Always a wise choice :)

• 9115 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

Azotate said:

• Gear check
      Definitely make sure I am not bringing my frost resist set into a scorching hot dungeon. 
    • Buffs
      Potions and Spells. Nothing pisses of the Leader like showing up unprepared.
    • DKP
      Enough to grab that one item I am here for even though I know it will never drop.
    • Beer
      Keep it pouring as this looks to be a long night.

Smart thinking and good prep always pays off (most of the time anyway) ;)

• 137 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:24 AM PDT

Ensureing there is a Ranger in the group to take the Deathtouch?........crap, I plan to play a Ranger this time around.

• 11 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:24 AM PDT

Whiskey ! 

• 763 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

Raid Essentials :

01-03. Ranger x3 : 1 for tracking, 2 for eating any Death Touches/Summons
    04-04. Druid x1 : for healing the healers
    05-05. Shaman x1 : for arguing with the Druid as to which is better
    06-10. Warrior x5 : best one as MainTank, rest guard the baggage
    11-18. Rogue x 8 : didn't ask for them all, but they turned up. 1 will be Ninja-Looter of course.
    19-21. Cleric x3 : we wanted more, but nobody plays them.
    22-31. Wizard x10 : we really didn't want this many, but at least it means 2-3 won't be AFK
    32-33. Bard x2 : the other 18 want to hit things
    34-36. Dire Lord x3 : they passed the 'what is taunting' test to be Off-tanks
    37-42. Paladin x6 : to act as 'Disposable' off-tank speed-bumps.
    43-44. Enchanter x2 : can't get more of them for love nor money!
    45-47. Summoner x3 : to summon gear for other's pets and out-DPS the AFK-wizzies
    48-48. Necromancer x1 : to carry the 47 coffins.

That, in a nutshell is the perfect 'pick-up' Raid for all your high-end raiding needs!

Evoras, has seen this Raid composition before...

• 200 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

I need the Warriors Leg and that Wizard's eye to make this raid successful...no no it is really important to me to have those things before we start on this dungeon/quest/raid/journey!!

Guardians of the Galaxy never gets old.

Mod Edit: Removed Image as per the development forum guidelines.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 12, 2017 8:11 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:40 AM PDT

Punctuality.

Chat box correctly filtered so I dont miss raid/group instruction or tell chats.

Smaller, out-of-the-way vanity chat box filtered for my crits :)

• 11 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:42 AM PDT

A sacrifice with a wipe to the god of mischief Kilsin :D

• 3237 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:51 AM PDT

Friends.

• 3 posts
    June 12, 2017 7:00 AM PDT

The most important thing to remember is Raid Rule #1 : Don't Stand in ****!

Other than that, the most important thing is awareness and a brain.

• 1404 posts
    June 12, 2017 7:14 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

Friends.

That's it right there. Missing anything else and it's still survivable, without friends I'm Dead at the Door!

• 3237 posts
    June 12, 2017 7:38 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

oneADseven said:

Friends.

That's it right there. Missing anything else and it's still survivable, without friends I'm Dead at the Door!

You could be missing food/drink, potions, consumables, ammo, situational gear ... as long as you have enough friends, they'll usually pitch in and make it work.  I always bring extra everything.