Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are you prepared for a Dungeon or Raid!

• 279 posts
    June 12, 2017 8:05 AM PDT
    I've learned to make sure my group mates are with me. I usually memorize layouts and maps quite quickly, and there's been enough times I got ahead of my team mates and got myself into trouble because they got lost or couldn't keep up.

• 2886 posts
    June 12, 2017 8:13 AM PDT

Don't forget the poopsock! :P

• 13 posts
    June 12, 2017 8:37 AM PDT

Food and drink, for me and my char.

• 3 posts
    June 12, 2017 9:41 AM PDT

As a ranger the most important thing to have before entering a dungeon or raid is a solid xp buffer and a favorable bind point.   Id also take a cleric for obvious reasons, a tank so I dont have to and a puller for the same reason.  As for items, plenty of arrows and lots of free bag space just in case.

• 168 posts
    June 12, 2017 10:45 AM PDT

Things to bring to a dungeon or raid? hmm, a good attitude with a positive outlook and a pinch of cautiousness...

• 1921 posts
    June 12, 2017 11:22 AM PDT

Friends.  Consumables.  Attention.

Everything else should be more or less optional, if the game is about fun and not work.

• 190 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:05 PM PDT

Time, friends willing to do the area slowly if needed (I really dislike flying through things and skipping dialogue if we have anyone who's never done it before.)  I agree with the paper and pencil at the ready as well, but not for mapping, for writing down encounters/puzzles for later use.

• 21 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Yeah, solid plan mate, maybe some friends too ;)

Haha! I thought going into a dungeon or raid required friends in the first place in Pantheon! 

• 78 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:45 PM PDT

An excuse to call in to work.

• 26 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:50 PM PDT

A towel.

• 22 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:50 PM PDT

Hmmm, if i had to choose just one i would say buffs.

• 1468 posts
    June 12, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

Ohanko said:

A towel.

Never leave home without a towel. A babel fish wouldn't hurt either.

• 261 posts
    June 13, 2017 9:32 AM PDT

My 5 30 slot bags.

This post was edited by Boulda at June 13, 2017 9:33 AM PDT
    • 78 posts
    June 13, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

I personally can't wait to group up with friends whether full group or camping/grinding random stuff in the world (or dungeons) with 1-2 other friends. I'm definitely a Dungeon person and I honestly despise raids, the whole concept of raiding bores me to tears. 100 people killing trash mobs for 4 hours is not fun. The group is where the "role" and duties of each party member shines, it's where you feel you're in an adventure. I wish Pantheon doesn't turn into EQ SoL/PoP+ where a huge chunk of the content is for professional guilds only.

• 6 posts
    June 13, 2017 2:20 PM PDT

High enough Resist check

• 15 posts
    June 13, 2017 5:51 PM PDT

Certainly agree with the friends and a good communication system.  Outside of that items or buffs to help you or the group survive whether that be gear or consumable items.

• 2419 posts
    June 13, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the most important thing to ensure your character has when entering a dungeon or raid area? #PRF

Uhhh..everything?

Appropriate armor

Appropriate set of resist items

Best stat food/drink

Potions (shaman after all...never go anywhere without potions)

Clickies (if they exist)

That one comic item that has some ridiculous, annoying yet harmless effect

• 432 posts
    June 13, 2017 8:56 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the most important thing to ensure your character has when entering a dungeon or raid area? #PRF

I think it would be having the right spells and abilities set. If im in unfamiliar territory having set a few things that could 'test the waters safely' would be nice. Or spells and abilities in a variety to figure out through trial and error what works best.

-Mobile

-Todd

• 542 posts
    June 13, 2017 10:44 PM PDT

quick reflexes and keen eyes 

• 369 posts
    June 14, 2017 8:36 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Time, time my friend...

• 1303 posts
    June 14, 2017 11:41 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

An empty bladder. 

• 3016 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:01 PM PDT

RipN8R said:

The most important thing to remember is Raid Rule #1 : Don't Stand in ****!

Other than that, the most important thing is awareness and a brain.

Don't stand in the red goo or the green poo? :P

• 10 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:17 PM PDT

Yeah, it depends so much on the specifics of the game, but typically, the necessary equipment and consumables, and enough free bag space. Clickies for dummy buffs. Sow, shrink, lev, invis, EB, see  invis, portal fragments, peridots, pearls, coffins, stalker probes. Macros and hotkeys set up correctly.

DE illusions for the poor souls who weren't DEs to begin with.

Also, it was very important to make sure that my armor was dyed correctly.

Edit: Ha, I just remembered. Once I had dyed my armor a nice light green for a PoTime raid. I explained that it was because we were going to defeat Quarm that evening. And we did.

This post was edited by Tachya at June 14, 2017 11:31 PM PDT