Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

For the love of Innoruuk please have a GM presence..

This topic has been closed.
    • 137 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:04 AM PDT

So will there be an active GM/Guide presence in Pantheon? I mean real rules and real people to monitor and enforce them? I fully support community enforcement on most things, but there is a line that is crossed when there are no real consequences for ones actions.

I have been playing EQ on Agnarr and by in large have been really enjoying it, but there is an element of the community that is very destructive and at the very least does not support healthy interactions. The biggest issue comes down to no enforcement of rules or lack of rules in general when it comes to interacting with otheres and the expected behavior when doing so.

Now this is not intended to be about EQ, but more so a question on the stance of GM/Guide presence in Pantheon? I don't want hall monitors, but would like someone around to curve some of the worst behavior. The overwhelming feeling you get from EQ and other MMOs out today, is that there is noone policing anything and noone to turn to when things get out of hand. Unlike other games that are a temporary fix I plan to make Pantheon my home for the long hall and would really like to see a healthy community.

This post was edited by Riply at June 8, 2017 7:06 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

Despite the ...hateful ... title I agree with the suggestion. 

It will be especially useful to have an active presence the first few months while many people (we hope) are taking a look and deciding whether the game is worth playing. Especially since we can expect the usual influx of trolls and irresponsibles among them. Not just the stick to disruptive people but treats and events for the rest of us.

Both the history of EQ and Vanguard and things I've seen here (not having a certain person's photographic memory I won't try to find and link other posts) tell me that this is VR's plan.

• 151 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:55 AM PDT

It has been stated that there will be a guide program.

• 2886 posts
    June 8, 2017 7:57 AM PDT

This has been discussed to great length and answered by the devs. Please see this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3520/i-hate-to-ask-but-can-we-expect-serious-player-moderation

This post was edited by Bazgrim at June 8, 2017 8:01 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 8, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

Not only have we stated this on multiple occasions (even as recently as our latest streams) but we will have GMs, Guides and the latest technology to track and monitor "odd" behaviour in game, I can't say any more than that but just know that it is a priority.

I will have to close this though as we have too many threads on this to count and it is a breach of the guidelines to post duplicate threads on the same topics, to avoid this in future please use the search function prior to creating a new thread :)