Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

An out-of-box idea

• 1618 posts
    June 1, 2017 9:40 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

I also find it ironic that you're in favor of something as artificial as mentoring, while being against a rule that decreases experience on longer play sessions. Sounds like you just want to pick and choose what rules you're subject to, regardless of how much sense they make or how potentially harmful they are to the game itself.

If you can't see the distinction between the two, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

But most importantly, VR decides the systems that I will be subject to and they decided mentoring should be in. They have not indicated that anyone will be restricted by playing the game in long sessions and/or often. So, I am happy. 

• 3237 posts
    June 1, 2017 9:51 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

Dullahan said:

I also find it ironic that you're in favor of something as artificial as mentoring, while being against a rule that decreases experience on longer play sessions. Sounds like you just want to pick and choose what rules you're subject to, regardless of how much sense they make or how potentially harmful they are to the game itself.

If you can't see the distinction between the two, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

But most importantly, VR decides the systems that I will be subject to and they decided mentoring should be in. They have not indicated that anyone will be restricted by playing the game in long sessions and/or often. So, I am happy. 

Quite the contrary, actually.  The vibe I have observed is that all players are encouraged to play at their own pace.  If someone wants to stop and smell every rose they encounter during their travels, more power to them.  If someone wants to blast through an area and miss out on the scenery, that's their choice, and their choices won't have an impact on your experience.  Personally, I'll be racing to max-level.  That's my style ... I'll have plenty of opportunities to revisit areas while I dabble with progeny, or if that system doesen't pan out then potentially with alts.  I really want to see what's in store for us when it comes to high-end content though.  I want to be the first to explore a new lair or discover the treasures hidden inside it.  I can't wait to encounter an incredibly powerful dragon that takes weeks or months to conquer ... and then mount it's head on a wall.

• 363 posts
    June 1, 2017 9:55 AM PDT

Dullahan said:

Mentoring allows people that level faster to still play with their "slower leveling friends and acquaintences" ... it seems like that's of the same school of thought as those who don't want arbitrary limits on how fast they can xp.

Kilsin summed it up perfectly on Page 1 of this thread.

• 1434 posts
    June 1, 2017 11:11 AM PDT

NEXTLEVL said:

Dullahan said:

Mentoring allows people that level faster to still play with their "slower leveling friends and acquaintences" ... it seems like that's of the same school of thought as those who don't want arbitrary limits on how fast they can xp.

Kilsin summed it up perfectly on Page 1 of this thread.

First, I don't personally think it's that important to scale experience. I only pointed out the benefit. The benefit was countered by it being some sort of artificial system while those same people praised another, often detrimental, artificial system - mentoring. To note, that is why they said mentoring in Pantheon will be limited.

My opinions and my objective in posting on these forums is to promote ideas that will benefit the game and it's longevity within the constraints of the tenets. It is not to champion the things that best suit me.

This post was edited by Dullahan at June 1, 2017 11:17 AM PDT