Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gaining Popularity?

This topic has been closed.
    • 157 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:02 AM PST

I've noticed the number of new VIP's popping up to introduce themselves in the vip forum is on the rise; I can only imagine how many more are funneling into the other pledge levels along with non-pledging-lurkers likely to purchase.

I've noticed more of my friends / acquaintances getting on board lately.

We've noticed #1 hyped game on mmorpg.com, the articles about the web, other games chats, streamers drawing attention, etc. etc.

A lot of people are ready for something new.

(Yes, there are detractors and naysayers too, but honestly, -F- them)

I hope VR has some math wizard Chief Financial Officer on the case for constantly reassessing the need for server hardware come launch. Yes, this depends on a great many factors, including (not the least of which is) the timeline on when trial accounts will be allowed in game.

I'm interested to hear some assessments of how big pantheon is, is getting, or can get.

Maybe I'm confirmation-bias-blind here, and it's still a sleepy community in the grand scheme of things, but at least I'm seeing good things, right?

Or is this good at all?  Could the draw of mass popularity, money trouble, etc. corrupt what we're attempting to hold to a higher standard if enough people cry on the forums?

I know, I know, Hypothetical City. 

This post was edited by Lokispawn at February 13, 2017 11:03 AM PST
    • 187 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:09 AM PST

It is up to the Devs to hold fast to their vision. There will always be people screaming bloody murder in the streets... the ability of the Devs to maintain the integrity of their bigger picture is what will determine where the game goes, and nothing else. No matter how large the riots get, it ultimately falls on the soldiers to stand fast or cave.

Our friend Brad has a track record, when he has authority, of being quite the stubborn SOB. I mean that in the nicest way possible. It makes for the BEST sort of game master imaginable, so it's high praise, even if ordinarily it wouldn't be considered such. In some things, someone willing to dig his heels in and cross his arms (or her, of course) against all comers is a blessing, and this is one of those instances.

• 2752 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:16 AM PST

I for one trust this team more than others to hold true to their vision and not give much of a damn about people complaining that it isn't more like ____ other game etc. They seem to be making the game first and foremost for themselves, the game they want to play. 

As for growing? That's just going to be a thing up until and beyond launch. I am sure they know/will know exactly how big and how many servers will be needed. 

• 626 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:33 AM PST

I think Kilsin and crew do a great job shielding the Dev's from a lot of our non-sense honestly. Which is what they should do. Take the usefull informaiton and feedback, and deliever it in a way that is easy for the Dev's to use to improve on or get ideas from. 

With that said I don't fear it growing and becoming a more well known name. I look forward to it continuing to grow and would hope to see more and more growth as we get into testing moving toward release. 

• 2886 posts
    February 13, 2017 11:35 AM PST

Just a little bit lower on the General Discussion forum, this exact topic is discussed in this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1791/pantheon-becoming-more-and-more-popular

Kilsin himself commented on it only about 6 hours ago

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 13, 2017 11:35 AM PST
    • 319 posts
    February 13, 2017 12:23 PM PST

Brad is a world class developer. I am sure that he has aligned himself with a team he can trust and rely on to get the job done right. many people in the forums have many, many great ideas. Not all will work together in the same game. If you like a cake that your favorite baker makes would you tell him what ingredients to change. NO. Then just enjoy his cake and refer hime to your friends. If not go to another bakery- or better bake one yourself. But all of Brad's games have been excellent and I am sure Pantheon will exceed all our expectations.

Keep up the good work Brad and company

• 56 posts
    February 13, 2017 1:08 PM PST

Lokispawn said:

I've noticed the number of new VIP's popping up to introduce themselves in the vip forum is on the rise; I can only imagine how many more are funneling into the other pledge levels along with non-pledging-lurkers likely to purchase.

There are a Lot of people from Project 1999 talking about Pantheon. I'm still a little bit sore about how Vanguard Saga of Heroes ended, but I'm willing to give this game a chance.

• 157 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:12 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Just a little bit lower on the General Discussion forum, this exact topic is discussed in this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1791/pantheon-becoming-more-and-more-popular

whoa whoa woooooow.. I totally missed that thread somehow. Ugh.. my bad guys. Sorry.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 3:53 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Thank you Baz :)

I will need to close this as it is a duplicate thread, please direct any further discussion back over to the already existing thread :)