Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon becoming more and more popular?

• 318 posts
    March 10, 2015 5:47 PM PDT

On the MMORPG.com website, Pantheon is now ranked #8 on the hype-meter for games in development. Only the top 7 hyped games show up on the home page, so 1 more spot to go!

Ever since the time of the original Kickstarter, I don't think Pantheon has ranked in the top 7 since. We can debate the merits of the MMORPG.com hype-meter all we want, but if nothing else, it does indicate that public opinion of the game has been improving. Which I think we can all agree that this can be attributed to the awesome work that the new volunteer dev team has been doing. Keep it up, you guys are doing an awesome job.

And hopefully, with more and more players becoming excited about Pantheon, they can land the right investor who will give Brad and the dev team enough freedom so that the game can succeed.

UPDATE: Pantheon has now reached #4 on the hype meter.

This post was edited by Wellspring at March 16, 2015 3:50 PM PDT
    • 38 posts
    March 10, 2015 8:54 PM PDT

I'm sure the community will grow the more that content is shown off and publicized.

I am also sure the devs are hard at work creating content, but I had no idea about Pantheon until I read about it in a gaming message board (Brad even made an account there to publicize, but I think it went poorly, though not backfired). This was pretty recent, well after the kickstarters. I am sure if people actually knew about the kickstarters, they would have been really successful, though.

Publicity is sometimes difficult, but I think they are trying their best now.

• 671 posts
    March 10, 2015 10:19 PM PDT

Influx is because everyone bailed on EQ:N after SOE imploded and many had heard about Pantheon (ie EQ4) during all the Daybreak Game Company/SOE threads.

Additionally, many from Shroud are coming to take a peek too.

The constant loading screens in SOTA is killing it for many role players. Many are looking for a persistent world, not just housing districts, & Pantheon often gets mentioned. (I see the two being necessary & side-by-side like old UO & EQ was.)

This project will have all the money it needs and a force of 100k driving it before release. Pantheon can afford to grow slow like EQ/EVE did. I predict if VRi stays true to self, 320,000 subscribers for 4~7 years. (ballpark $500,000,000 dollars..!)

• 6 posts
    March 10, 2015 10:59 PM PDT

There will be loading screens in Pantheon, though hopefully it won't impact on the immersion too much.

This post was edited by kallafon at March 11, 2015 12:12 AM PDT
    • 311 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:01 PM PDT

It was only a matter of time

• 3016 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:58 PM PDT
    Wellspring said:

On the MMORPG.com website, Pantheon is now ranked #8 on the hype-meter for games in development. Only the top 7 hyped games show up on the home page, so 1 more spot to go!

Ever since the time of the original Kickstarter, I don't think Pantheon has ranked in the top 7 since. We can debate the merits of the MMORPG.com hype-meter all we want, but if nothing else, it does indicate that public opinion of the game has been improving. Which I think we can all agree that this can be attributed to the awesome work that the new volunteer dev team has been doing. Keep it up, you guys are doing an awesome job.

And hopefully, with more and more players becoming excited about Pantheon, they can land the right investor who will give Brad and the dev team enough freedom so that the game can succeed.

That would be a nice change,   a lot of that rumour about vaporware was bound to fall by the wayside the more proof got out there,  that ..that rumour was false. :)   

And yes all the credit goes to this current VRI team,  with all their motivation, and hard work to get this project further along. :)  

• 3016 posts
    March 11, 2015 12:10 AM PDT
    Hieromonk said:

Influx is because everyone bailed on EQ:N after SOE imploded and many had heard about Pantheon (ie EQ4) during all the Daybreak Game Company/SOE threads.

The constant loading screens in SOTA is killing it for many role players. Many are looking for a persistent world, not just housing districts, & Pantheon often gets mentioned. (I see the two being necessary & side-by-side like old UO & EQ was.)

This project will have all the money it needs and a force of 100k driving it before release. Pantheon can afford to grow slow like EQ/EVE did. I predict if VRi stays true to self, 320,000 subscribers for 4~7 years. (ballpark $500,000,000 dollars..!)

I hope you are psychic :D   hehehe  Sounds wonderful.  :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at March 11, 2015 12:11 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    March 11, 2015 12:12 AM PDT
    kallafon said:

There will be loading screens in Pantheon, though hopefully it won't impact on the immersion too much.

Train to zone...get offa da tracks! :)

• 163 posts
    March 11, 2015 6:56 AM PDT
    I backed Shrouds before coming here. Due to the map mechanics they have implemented, loading screens are extremely excessive/annoying, not comparable to what we're talking about when referencing EQ or pantheon.

Out of respect for their NDA, I can't really elaborate but needless to say, in its current state it wasn't for me
    This post was edited by Gadgets at March 11, 2015 6:59 AM PDT
    • 671 posts
    March 11, 2015 10:04 AM PDT
    Gadgets said:
    I backed Shrouds before coming here. Due to the map mechanics they have implemented, loading screens are extremely excessive/annoying, not comparable to what we're talking about when referencing EQ or pantheon. Out of respect for their NDA, I can't really elaborate but needless to say, in its current state it wasn't for me

Like I have said, Shroud of the Avatar and Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen are 2 completely different types of games. I am invested in both.

But I agree with your assessment, and is the talk among many SOTA players. Otherwise superb game. But when you have 7~18 loading screens in just 30 minutes of normal play...?

I've come across many times in open play, a conversation and some never hearing of Pantheon. 

I often *OOC:  "You will..."

Allow Pantheon to grow naturally. If not viral..

This post was edited by Hieromonk at March 11, 2015 10:05 AM PDT
    • 106 posts
    March 11, 2015 1:44 PM PDT
    I mention it whenever I hear the cry for it. If some one is talking about EQN (or lack there of) or complaining about a game, I just link the site, mention Brads name and people go nuts lol.

The mmorpg community have been BEGGING their current devs for EVERYTHING this game is about, so once this gets closer to alpha/beta I will be plastering Pantheon everywhere I can and will watch players heed the call!
    • 19 posts
    March 11, 2015 1:59 PM PDT
    Hieromonk said:

This was absolutely the case for me. I followed EQ:N from the jump, and despite nearly puking in my mouth upon that "reveal" I still followed it closely and hoped they wouldn't completely botch it. It didn't take long for me to realize that EQ:N will be EQ in name only, should it ever actually release. And with all the recent troubles my interest in it has bottomed out to zero. I remember hearing about Pantheon a bit back before the KS campaign, and I'll be honest, I pretty much wrote the game off after the KS failed. I recently heard it mentioned again and came here to see if the game was even alive (being that I had no other MMO of even remote interest to me to follow) and lo and behold, it's not only alive but progressing. Took a little time to watch some videos, and despite the fairly crude graphics of the earlier vids (which I have already improved significantly), I got that FEEL. I would assume you all know exactly what I'm talking about, that feel that at long last this game may actually be shaping up to be the MMO I've been searching for since EQ and Vanguard. I know Brad has been controversial at times, but he's also responsible for my favorite two MMO's ever created by a long shot, and the resilience this studio has shown is impressive. So despite my hesitance, screw it, I'm on board. If this game is truly the mashup of EQ and VG it seems to be shaping up to be, I could see myself being around for a long long time. I want that FEEL back.

• 49 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:37 PM PDT
    Cana I agree with all of your posts. I believe that the current devs are doing a lot with very little in terms of funding. Hopefully we as members can continue to fund their efforts and get a solid investment backer that wants a hands off approach. I just wish I had hundreds of thousands to invest. I would sit back enjoy the game and reap the rewards tenfold. ;)
    Edit spelling ;)
    This post was edited by Borumber at March 11, 2015 2:38 PM PDT
    • 201 posts
    March 12, 2015 5:39 AM PDT
    TheRevenant said:
    Hieromonk said:

This was absolutely the case for me. I followed EQ:N from the jump, and despite nearly puking in my mouth upon that "reveal" I still followed it closely and hoped they wouldn't completely botch it. It didn't take long for me to realize that EQ:N will be EQ in name only, should it ever actually release. And with all the recent troubles my interest in it has bottomed out to zero. I remember hearing about Pantheon a bit back before the KS campaign, and I'll be honest, I pretty much wrote the game off after the KS failed. I recently heard it mentioned again and came here to see if the game was even alive (being that I had no other MMO of even remote interest to me to follow) and lo and behold, it's not only alive but progressing. Took a little time to watch some videos, and despite the fairly crude graphics of the earlier vids (which I have already improved significantly), I got that FEEL. I would assume you all know exactly what I'm talking about, that feel that at long last this game may actually be shaping up to be the MMO I've been searching for since EQ and Vanguard. I know Brad has been controversial at times, but he's also responsible for my favorite two MMO's ever created by a long shot, and the resilience this studio has shown is impressive. So despite my hesitance, screw it, I'm on board. If this game is truly the mashup of EQ and VG it seems to be shaping up to be, I could see myself being around for a long long time. I want that FEEL back.

That was the general attitude I got from many gamers when I was trying to spread word about the KS(about Brad's questionable choices)but I'm the same way.  Anything that happened at SoE , i'd question anyway.  But in the long run, EQ and SWG were the most enjoyable gaming experiences I had.

• 318 posts
    March 12, 2015 5:24 PM PDT

Pantheon is now #6 on the hype meter!

• 378 posts
    March 12, 2015 5:27 PM PDT

Nice one 

• 318 posts
    March 13, 2015 5:14 PM PDT

Now #4... This is one day following after the Part 2 of the round table discussion was posted.

This post was edited by Wellspring at March 14, 2015 8:32 AM PDT
    • 378 posts
    March 15, 2015 4:17 PM PDT

Back down to #6 still pretty good and so much positive feed back on the forums over there Atm since the last GFX trailer and Dev post Part 2, Starting to get some real exposure now. 

Hopefully the new exposure and good feed back is helping the funding and investment hunting.  

• 378 posts
    March 15, 2015 8:48 PM PDT

Quick question, With the game gaining a lot more followers, there was talk a little while ago  about opening up the forums again to free accounts or a 2nd or new forum for all accounts to post one, any movement on that front? 

• 9115 posts
    March 15, 2015 10:18 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

Quick question, With the game gaining a lot more followers, there was talk a little while ago  about opening up the forums again to free accounts or a 2nd or new forum for all accounts to post one, any movement on that front? 

No, that was decided by you all to not let that happen by way of a vote, so we listened and did not change anything. We are looking to building a new site sometime in the future and that will most likely be free for everyone with a way to donate and still help the team while we look for an investor.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 16, 2015 5:29 PM PDT
    • 378 posts
    March 16, 2015 12:03 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Zandil said:

No, that was decided by you all to not let that happen by way of a vote, so we listened and did not change anything. We are not looking to building a new site sometime in the future and that will most likely be free for everyone with a way to donate and still help the team while we look for an investor.

Sorry, We are or Are not, not sure if that was a miss type or not ?

• 106 posts
    March 16, 2015 12:34 AM PDT
    Hey certain this is a miss typo lol I know they are building one, I seen it mentioned so many times :-D:-D
    • 383 posts
    March 16, 2015 9:41 AM PDT

Glad to see that positive news of the game is getting out there and other people are talking about it.

• 91 posts
    March 16, 2015 11:25 AM PDT

I am not overly surprised.  A lot of people posted head of me a lot of good reasons why interest is growing.  I think I will add a point, while I think WoW has a obvious following, I think a lot of raiders are looking for a new game.  I think a game like Pantheon that's main thing is PvE raid content and development of character as its soul focus will be a nice place for a lot of raiders to come stay.

There are also those of us that believe in Brad, like myself, I see lessons learned both good and bad from Vanguard and EQ 1 so it makes me and others I know very excited about Pantheon.

Xan

• 118 posts
    March 16, 2015 2:49 PM PDT

I advertise to all the new characters when buffing them at the tunnel in P1999.  I would love it if there was some way to track the number of people who eventually signed up as a result of my referrals.