Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What will tomorrow bring?

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:00 AM PST

As the sun goes down on another action-packed day in Terminus, we often ask ourselves what adventures tomorrow will bri....oh look, a Griffon!

Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 26, 2017 4:02 AM PST
    • 780 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:22 AM PST

Very nice.  The plate is making me jealous since I hadn't been planning on a plate class.  Lol.

• 3 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:27 AM PST

Looks like stills from a movie!  We're going to have a lot of fun adventuring in Terminus!

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:43 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

Very nice.  The plate is making me jealous since I hadn't been planning on a plate class.  Lol.

Me either but it does look pretty good doesn't it, I love how it reflects the torch light. :)

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2017 4:44 AM PST

archus said:

Looks like stills from a movie!  We're going to have a lot of fun adventuring in Terminus!

You sure will :)

• 563 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:06 AM PST

I have a feeling I will be taking a whole lot of screenshots when were finally able to play this game :D

The sunset makes the ruins look very nice :) Is that griffon an actual mob that could be fought? :)

• 409 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:23 AM PST

Kilsin said:
    As the sun goes down on another action-packed day in Terminus, we often ask ourselves what adventures tomorrow will bri....oh look, a Griffon!

Forget the griffon! Come on! We need to move/get ready for what comes out at night; never mind the day. ;)

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:24 AM PST

Rachael said:

I have a feeling I will be taking a whole lot of screenshots when were finally able to play this game :D

The sunset makes the ruins look very nice :) Is that griffon an actual mob that could be fought? :)

I am with you there, I had to buy a new external harddrive to fit all of mine in (plus preparation for testing/launch screenshots lol)

Yes, if you don't find one of them, they will find you ;)

• 9115 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:25 AM PST

Nimryl said:

Kilsin said:

Forget the griffon! Come on! We need to move/get ready for what comes out at night; never mind the day. ;)

You have good a point! Last one back is a rotten egg :D

• 556 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:31 AM PST

Kilsin is such a tease! We want in already! We're completely fine with just 2-3 zones ready for testing :P

• 323 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:41 AM PST
    Great shots. Is the answer to the OP "pre alpha"?
    • 200 posts
    January 26, 2017 6:53 AM PST

1st pic: "just below that Griffon...yep that is where I hid your corpse"

2nd pic:  I am seeing a purple aura and then an aura of glyphs.   regarding mitigating those, is it a single worn slot to mitigate that requires you to toggle around  or will it be buffs as well that can help mitigate those?

3rd pic: The hills on the right in the distance look to have less flora/trees/snow cover.. is that related to the draw distance of those items or is that the intended view?

4th pic:  reminds me of the hobbits at weathertop and Frodo running in and stomping out the flames because it gives their position away to the nazguls!

Enjoying the teasers!!

This post was edited by Warben at January 26, 2017 6:54 AM PST
    • 780 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:04 AM PST

Gnog said: Great shots. Is the answer to the OP "pre alpha"?

Haha.  I was thinking that, too.  It seems like more than just a random thread title...plus they just announced that they added a Lead Tester to the team.  I'm going to assume that this is just wishful thinking, though, and maintain in my head that we have a few more months to go before pre-alpha.  If it happens anytime sooner, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• 1778 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:05 AM PST

Just ridiculously awesome screenshots. This game is gonna be so badass! Just wow..........

P.S. I would totally shoot down the griffon! Why? Because I must kill all of the things!!!!

• 781 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:07 AM PST

:) Nice !  Great pics guys

• 422 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:27 AM PST

I remember many months ago over on the subreddit for Pantheon someone expressed concern over Unity's graphical abilities. That the engine would make the game look dated.

I think its safe to say that is not a concern. 

These shots are making me antsy. Everything looks so amazing and BIG. I really didn't think that the zone sizes would be that large but from the looks of everything they seem huge. I love it.

Can't wait to run my Halfling Ranger into some deep cave headlong into danger.

• 97 posts
    January 26, 2017 7:28 AM PST

Bring that griffin down! It would be cool to have Z-Axis combat like Zelda where you could lock onto a target and fire your bow or spells at it. (Skyrim style would be far too difficult imo)

But that would make venturing through ruins like this so awesome, knowing that someone could start raining arrows down at your head, or all of a sudden a fireball wooshes by your head and you don't know where it came from! Of course, aggro and trains might be an issue lol

• 780 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:54 AM PST

Quintra said:

Bring that griffin down! It would be cool to have Z-Axis combat like Zelda where you could lock onto a target and fire your bow or spells at it. (Skyrim style would be far too difficult imo)

But that would make venturing through ruins like this so awesome, knowing that someone could start raining arrows down at your head, or all of a sudden a fireball wooshes by your head and you don't know where it came from! Of course, aggro and trains might be an issue lol

Yes!  Trains from three dimensions, please!

• 626 posts
    January 26, 2017 10:00 AM PST

I'm so happy with the look of these pictures I'm not even mad about being teased :)... ok maybe a little still haha!

• 363 posts
    January 26, 2017 10:09 AM PST

The answer better be Pre-Alpha, Kilsin!

• 393 posts
    January 26, 2017 10:19 AM PST

Impressive. The scale and composition are spot on Kilsin. Exhilarating and awe inspiring. Everytime there's another set of screen shots I seriously get more pulled into the sense that I very much want to be there.

Great job VR. Keep on pushing it out!

• 163 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:04 AM PST

I have to give a big shout out to these guys...... they are making that stuff look great and really showing their talents!

John Diasparra (Montreseur)
    Lead World Builder

Brendan Rogers
    World Builder

Awesome work guys keep doing what your doing looking Fabulous!!!

• 65 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:21 AM PST
    What will tomorrow bring? My upgrade to an alpha package! Been thinking about upgrading for about a week but these images tipped the scales.
    • 110 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:23 AM PST

A griffon?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, sorry! I just had a flashback to my first time in East Karana.

• 14 posts
    January 26, 2017 11:35 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Image may contain: sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Why is the terrain so lumpy? I don't see that very often in the wild... Maybe it's an ancient construction dumping zone.