Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Anyone Interested in PVP?

• 49 posts
    September 21, 2016 11:04 AM PDT
    Pvp also fixed the loot problems PvEers had on EQ with ninjas because if you ninja something on our server the group killed you and kept killing you every time you tried to come get your corpse.
    • 85 posts
    September 23, 2016 8:00 PM PDT

One more very enthusiastic YES for PvP.  Nothing special...no special gear, stats, etc.  Just open a server, turn on the PvP, and I'll be a happy girl.  :)

• 70 posts
    September 23, 2016 8:32 PM PDT

Zero interest in PvP.  The day a PvE skill gets nerfed because some baby whined about getting pwned in PvP is the day this game dies for me... Assuming it ever goes live of course.

This post was edited by hackerssuck at September 23, 2016 8:33 PM PDT
    • 70 posts
    September 23, 2016 8:40 PM PDT

Sevens said:

As most old timers on this board can tell you, I hate PVP with a passion. But that is my preference and I would never want to force another to play to my style. I sure do hope the pvpers have a server where they they can grief and corpse camp each other all they want (that was a facetious statement, meant totally tongue in cheek). I also though dont want the pvp balancing to ever and in any way affect PVE, and as has been stated by the devs there really shouldnt be any reason for it to. Just make a server, turn PVP on and let loose the dogs of war.

While I agree with you, I've seen whining from PvPers ruin PvE more than once.  Way too many PvPers want to dominate everyone even if they play a support claas, have terrible gear, and sucky skills.  After all, they're special.  Their momma said so, and if they don't win PvP everytime, then the other guy cheated.

• 1434 posts
    September 23, 2016 11:53 PM PDT

hackerssuck said:

Zero interest in PvP.  The day a PvE skill gets nerfed because some baby whined about getting pwned in PvP is the day this game dies for me... Assuming it ever goes live of course.

PvP formulas should have no bearing on PvE. They've confirmed this is how its going to work in Pantheon, so no need to worry.

• 49 posts
    September 24, 2016 12:18 AM PDT

I see alot of people who arent interested in pvp but this is for people who are interested men 

• 610 posts
    September 24, 2016 4:26 AM PDT

Lodgedogg said:

I see alot of people who arent interested in pvp but this is for people who are interested men 

Wrong, this post was a question...just because the answer doesnt agree with yours doesnt mean we cant post here

• 166 posts
    September 24, 2016 4:58 AM PDT

Well I have two different feelings on PvP in Pantheon. From time to time I like to fight others in PvP. Not only in battleground but also in the open world. With a lot of joy I remember the PvP fights at tarrens mill during vanilla WoW.

But what I don't like is to be forced to spend my time with PvP in the open world when I want to spend my time e. g. with gathering iron ore. So I say yes to PvP in battlegrounds and I say yes to PvP in the open world, but maybe this should be restricted with a PvP flag. So I can activate this flag when I want to habe open PvP an to deactivate it when I want to gather ore. Of course this flag should only be changeable every few hours. And only players with this flag active can attack each other.

Of this is not possible then PvP zones on PvE Servers would be great. If you want to habe PvP then you can visit this places. To pur it together. I want the best of both worlds. To meet with others and have PvP fights, where all the people meeting want to have PvP. And to not be forced to PvP when I don't want to. This said, on a pure PvE server there would be something missing as well.

This post was edited by Landbert at September 24, 2016 9:25 AM PDT
    • 24 posts
    September 24, 2016 8:26 AM PDT

No PvP Flag, please. No compromises, please.

Hardcore, Oldschool, Harsh. A real Men's World, please.

Thx.

• 3016 posts
    September 24, 2016 12:21 PM PDT

Chett said:

Thx.

Do you have a tree house with a sign "No Girls Allowed?"   I have pvped since 1995 online...and am female. :P   Knocked down a gun turret with my kick skills in Star Wars Galaxies,  saved my team.   Thought that up all on my own.   Pvped as a spider in Lord of the Rings Online...pvped in Dark Age of Camelot...oh my first experience with pvp was in Meridian 59 which I was beta testing at the time. :P Pvped in Warhammer and Lineage II.     My pvp days are done pretty much...not as quick as I was.    But I've done my fair share.  :D

Cana

• 24 posts
    September 24, 2016 1:52 PM PDT

@ Cana

I bet, you know how to PvP. I also bet, you know exactly what i meant, when i said:" real Men's World" ;)

I am tired of "modern" softcore PvP MMO's with Arenas, Battlefields etc. I want to play on an open World PvP Server, that is brutal and challenging. Just like M59 or EQ.

This post was edited by Chett at September 24, 2016 4:35 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    September 24, 2016 2:26 PM PDT

Chett said:

@ Cana

I bet you know how to PvP. I also bet, you know exactly what i meant, when i said:" real Men's World" ;)

I am tired of "modern" softcore PvP MMO's with Arenas, Battlefields etc. I want to play on an open World PvP Server, that is brutal and challenging. Just like M59 or EQ.

Or DAOC....hunting through the forests.  :)

• 49 posts
    September 24, 2016 3:51 PM PDT
    Or UO even was a god hardcore one at launch anyway
    • 28 posts
    September 27, 2016 3:22 PM PDT

If there is, keep it on a PVP server, and don't let it show up in any way on PVE servers.

Completely not interested in it, or the immature idiots it always draws.

--Gray

• 49 posts
    September 27, 2016 3:26 PM PDT
    @gray808 so if you pvp you are an immature idiot yet you are the one on here generalizing the pvp population with immature assumptions maybe I'm missing something. If you don't like pvp fine don't play on the pvp server but that's no need to insult the people like myself who do enjoy it
    • 28 posts
    September 27, 2016 4:11 PM PDT

Lodgedogg said: @gray808 so if you pvp you are an immature idiot yet you are the one on here generalizing the pvp population with immature assumptions maybe I'm missing something. If you don't like pvp fine don't play on the pvp server but that's no need to insult the people like myself who do enjoy it

I never said it was all immature idiots. I said it draws them. In my experience, this is 100% true. 

I won't play on the PVP server.

If they put PVP on a PVE server, in any way shape or form, then I won't play on any server.

--Gray

• 49 posts
    September 27, 2016 4:47 PM PDT
    Ok so you are telling me there isn't immatue idiots on PvE servers also which we all know isn't true they are everywhere. And even if they like put an arena in a city where you would have to chose to go into to PvP on a PvE server that would stop you from playing the game...interesting. I feel like you got banked and corpse camped for a few hours sometime in your life lol
    • 14 posts
    September 27, 2016 5:21 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Chett said:

Thx.

Do you have a tree house with a sign "No Girls Allowed?"   I have pvped since 1995 online...and am female. :P   Knocked down a gun turret with my kick skills in Star Wars Galaxies,  saved my team.   Thought that up all on my own.   Pvped as a spider in Lord of the Rings Online...pvped in Dark Age of Camelot...oh my first experience with pvp was in Meridian 59 which I was beta testing at the time. :P Pvped in Warhammer and Lineage II.     My pvp days are done pretty much...not as quick as I was.    But I've done my fair share.  :D

Cana

• 14 posts
    September 27, 2016 5:26 PM PDT

I absolutely loved my spider on LOTRO. LOTRO PVP was amazing until just after Mirkwood. I forget what expansion that was. I tried it out a few weeks ago, and the game is garbage now. What a shame.

Back on topic. I am all in favor of pvp. It is so much fun. To me raids and best in slot gear are not  the end game. It's using that gear to PVP that is the end game. My 2 cents.

Brun

• 1434 posts
    September 27, 2016 5:41 PM PDT

In some games and formats PvP can draw idiots or more specifically, bring out the worst in people. That is definitely not always the case.

I played EQ back when it launched for the first 3+ years. I started on a PvE server Tarew Marr. I was in one of the stronger guilds on the server and there was constantly discontent over top camps and raid mobs in particular. It seemed like on a weekly basis there was some dispute for which they needed to get GMs involved. It became quite petty.

I started playing on Rallos Zek the PvP server, and this atmosphere disappeared entirely. If people had an issue, they PvPed. Like any server, there were immature who liked to troll players and attempt to grief, but with the ability to take the law into our own hands, those people were generally discouraged from that sort of behavior. Among top guilds there were bitter rivalries, but they were much more of an RP nature and seldom if ever were GMs involved. All in all, a much more mature and also immersive environment.

Will that happen again? Who knows. It will depend largely on the level of accountability. On a server like RZ where anyone could kill you and you could lose items, that really kept a lot of people in check.