Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Can anyone recomend a decent MMO?

• 205 posts
    August 21, 2016 11:17 PM PDT

Rift is what I am playing until Pantheon comes out.

• 35 posts
    August 22, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

Haven't played Rift in awhile, may have to go back and try it again. Recently been playing Blade & Soul or No Man's Sky.

Blade & Soul combat is pretty good, but it definitly follows the theme park model. Could have been a great game if they had stayed away from that model with their combat system.  No Man's Sky definitly not an mmo, but it is pretty unique and interesting. Time will tell if it hangs onto it niche market as it can be boring for long periods of time with sudden flashes of excitment.

• 334 posts
    August 28, 2016 10:28 PM PDT

Amsai said:

Single player games...... lol.

Personally: Dark Souls 3 lately. Though it definitely isnt for everyone, and Im not sure I could recommend the PC port. Oh and I just downloaded  Shadwen recently. I have a fascination with stealth games.

Dark Souls 3 is fantastic. I've enjoyed the whole series thoroughly. The PC port is actually really decent for DaS3, the only recommendation I would have is to play with a controller (this comes from someone who is an advid keyboard/mouse proponent).

The Witcher series is also worth looking into, wonderful narrative.

• 109 posts
    August 31, 2016 7:14 AM PDT

Dragoon, I just made a post suggesting Star Citizen. It's still in alpha but there is a LOT to do. Super fun to play!! I know it's not the same genre but I got over it quickly!

If you want to give it a shot, you can use this referral code to get some credits you can use to get different weapons on your ships.

Referral code: STAR-V7SQ-GYV9

• 172 posts
    November 7, 2016 9:37 PM PST

TESO has pretty much an infinite amount of content available for you. 

Its buy to play and t he most recent update removed levels and basically scales the whole game so you can go anywhere with anyone.

The crafting system is a little tedious but its also where all the good gear is focused around.

I cant say much for the social aspect of the game but in todays MMOs theres just not a whole lot of a sense of community ive found in any game.

As far as FTP games you might wanna consider Project Gorgon.. its an early build of the game but none the less its entertaining and its something new.

Also, if anyone else plays TESO let me know, i play pretty much every day

• 2886 posts
    November 9, 2016 1:19 PM PST

Pyye said:

NotASaint said:

I still play Dungeons and Dragons Online but mainly because of the social aspect and the fact that they are still coming out with new content on a regular basis. It will take some getting used to but I think it is still a reasonably decent game considering its age.

Dungeons and Dragons online is still around?  I thought it was shut down...  I really liked that game when I played it

Yup my life revolved around that game for like 4 years. I was one of the primier healers on the Thelanis server. The quality of the content & community has gone down since, sadly. Wouldn't be surprised if it got shut down within the next year or so. But that game changed my life almost as much as EQ1 did and I remember those times very fondly :)

• 70 posts
    November 22, 2016 11:46 AM PST

I'm having a great time with Project: Gorgon.  It has low level graphics (since it's in alpha still) but free to play and lots of fun.  It isn't easy, which makes it fun for me.  Millions of skills to learn, a good sized world to explore.  Environment effects your character (gotta have water in the desert and you can freeze in the cold).  Crafting means something, food is essential to survival.

I have been playing a month and still not bored.  That's pretty good for me.  Most games nowadays are boring within 2 weeks or less.

• 149 posts
    November 22, 2016 12:07 PM PST

Ive really been enjoying The Elder Scrolls Online. Its quite good if your an Elder Scrolls fan!