Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Which class ability would you choose?

• 2138 posts
    July 10, 2015 5:23 PM PDT

Mage Lev ring, definitely. (I wish I had said healing!). When I got to level 39 and got the lev ring spell, I felt, that's it: I don't have to feel pressure to level, I can try all the places appropriate for my age and see what is there, take my time, and then go on until the monsters were trivial because I can finally fly. And the neat thing was you could summon one and give it to others, so they could fly.  Being chased by a lion? Can't see through the trees? run up the nearest hill, use the ring at just the right time- and whee! see over the trees, see the lion still chase you, but can't swipe at you.

I remember I was in a hard dungeon and a bunch of much-higher levels came through and we chatted a bit and one gave everyone in our group Shissar fangs to "put in range slot, and don't throw it!" and they were a really nice item for us at the time, not too "uber" but really nice. After that I would go to lower dungeons or camp sites and summon rings for the groups. and then when I was in a place to get alot of Shissar fangs, I did the same thing.

This post was edited by Manouk at July 10, 2015 6:15 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 10, 2015 6:18 PM PDT
    Manouk said:

Mage Lev ring, definitely. (I wish I had said healing!). When I got to level 39 and got the lev ring spell, I felt, that's it: I don't have to feel pressure to level, I can try all the places appropriate for my age and see what is there, take my time, and then go on until the monsters were trivial because I can finally fly. And the neat thing was you could summon one and give it to others, so they could fly.  Being chased by a lion? Can't see through the trees? run up the nearest hill, use the ring at just the right time- and whee! see over the trees, see the lion still chase you, but can't swipe at you.

I remember I was in a hard dungeon and a bunch of much-higher levels came through and we chatted a bit and one gave everyone in our group Shissar fangs to "put in range slot, and don't throw it!" and they were a really nice item for us at the time, not too "uber" but really nice. After that I would go to lower dungeons or camp sites and summon rings for the groups. and then when I was in a place to get alot of Shissar fangs, I did the same thing.

Nice Manouk, Lev would be so much fun in real life!

I love the good deeds being passed on to it reminds me of a very nice person who helped me get into VG Diplomacy back when I was a noob starting out, I went on to have 8 max level Diplo characters and spent a great deal of time writing guides and helping others to understand how it works too, hopefully one of those did the same for their guildies, friends or random players :)

• 378 posts
    July 13, 2015 10:11 PM PDT

Need to know the class abilities before I can choose ( hint hint wink wink )

• 9115 posts
    July 13, 2015 11:36 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

Need to know the class abilities before I can choose ( hint hint wink wink )

I intentionally put this in Off Topic so everyone could pick from other games and I could avoid this question haha ;) 

• 753 posts
    July 14, 2015 10:17 PM PDT

Way too many choices.

Vanish might be nice.

My wife:  Hey Tim, can you go mow the... Tim?  TIM???

• 378 posts
    July 14, 2015 10:23 PM PDT
    Wandidar said:

Way too many choices.

Vanish might be nice.

All Wife's can see through Vanish and walls, mine even has a sixth sense and knows if i'm at the pub after work.

• 9115 posts
    July 14, 2015 10:29 PM PDT
    Wandidar said:

Way too many choices.

Vanish might be nice.

Haha love it! :)

• 11 posts
    July 15, 2015 3:32 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Dravid said:

I would like to have the ability to cast invisibility on others, so that I can remove unsightly blemishes like Gromes and other Dressknights with their epic skirts from my line of sight.

Eww Dravid! Hahaha! I don't hear from you for ages and the best you can come up with is a crack at my DK! (Who never wore dresses punk!) lol

True Lies! I have pictures of zones being littered with soiled Maxi Pads after Gromes was done tanking. Where do you think Ewww Kilsin originated from?

Ok I will behave now :) Good to see you here man. Not sure on future plans, but I will definitely try to keep in touch with a few more future insults with trajectory aimed towards Gromes. <3 Reverence forever.

Filzin said:

I was going to say Invis, but after reading such dribble about Dreadknights, I can only say Deathtouch!  Miss you Drav, good to see you around

Definitely miss you, Exile and the Vanguard days. It was amazing what we were able to do with the crew we had. Seems like a distant long lost memory buried somewhere in the sands of time. Cave of Blunders was such a nightmare...

This post was edited by Dravid at July 15, 2015 3:35 PM PDT
    • 453 posts
    July 15, 2015 4:29 PM PDT

It's a tie between dire charm/heal/resurrection. Wouldn't use resurrection on old people who die of natural causes, no use bringing them back and then they die again 5 minutes later LOL. Druid/Wizzy teleportation spells would be fun. Having a group of friends with you and starting your bard run song would be fun as well ;) Waterbreathing would be tons of fun too.