Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Which class ability would you choose?

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 4:06 AM PDT

If you could choose one of your classes abilities to have in real life, what would it be and why? :)

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf/posts/1671551989726001

• 366 posts
    July 9, 2015 5:15 AM PDT

Easy - the power to heal; there is too much suffering in RL.  On a lighter note - I wouldn't give Sneak n Hide to any of these rogues on the forums! Especially the lil pervy gnomes :D

This post was edited by Zarriya at July 9, 2015 8:25 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 5:46 AM PDT
    Zarriya said:

Easy - the power to heal; there is too much suffering in RL.  On a lighter note - I wouldn't give Sneak n Hide to any of these rogues on the forums! Especially the lil pervy gnomes :D

An admirable choice, healing spells/abilities would be awesome to have in real life!

Haha that was my choice! A Rogues got to sneak and hide, I am nothing but a mere vagabond without my stealth and subterfuge! ;) 

• 1778 posts
    July 9, 2015 6:43 AM PDT
    Hmmm Id have to go with sneak and hide as well. Might come in handy. The worlds going to hell in a handbasket lately. Just a matter of time before Armegeddon. Sorry to be a downer.
    • 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 7:09 AM PDT
    Amsai said:
    Hmmm Id have to go with sneak and hide as well. Might come in handy. The worlds going to hell in a handbasket lately. Just a matter of time before Armegeddon. Sorry to be a downer.

Haha you never know! I would like to think that we could just hide from it all if it was to happen, but somehow I don't think stealth will cut it if something hits our planet, like a giant asteroid! lol ;)

• 1778 posts
    July 9, 2015 7:23 AM PDT
    Nah then wed be screwed for sure. I meant more like colapse of world economies and the resulting lawlessness and ISIS shenannigans. Things like that. Hmm for a giant asteroid? Maybe I could cast FFs comet and deflect it....... of course seeing as this is RL that would pribably be overkill and push the earth of its axis and shift its orbit then we all die anyway........ well damn that didnt work.
    • 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 8:56 AM PDT
    Amsai said:
    Nah then wed be screwed for sure. I meant more like colapse of world economies and the resulting lawlessness and ISIS shenannigans. Things like that. Hmm for a giant asteroid? Maybe I could cast FFs comet and deflect it....... of course seeing as this is RL that would pribably be overkill and push the earth of its axis and shift its orbit then we all die anyway........ well damn that didnt work.

Haha absolutely, I would be wanting to change to a Pally or Druid Invuln for something that nasty, the Stealth would be great for everything else though! :)

• July 9, 2015 8:57 AM PDT

I would have to go with the top of the line Destroy Undead.  We KNOW zombies are just a blink away from terrorizing the world!

My second choice would be a Divine Aura type of spell.  To be invulnerable for 30 seconds would be awesome when that butthead texting and driving crosses into my lane.  :)

• 1778 posts
    July 9, 2015 9:32 AM PDT
    Thats why ive got several cases of zombie screamer rounds for my shot gun ^.~
    • 11 posts
    July 9, 2015 11:43 AM PDT

I would like to have the ability to cast invisibility on others, so that I can remove unsightly blemishes like Gromes and other Dressknights with their epic skirts from my line of sight.

This post was edited by Dravid at July 9, 2015 4:54 PM PDT
    • 87 posts
    July 9, 2015 12:02 PM PDT

Charm. Need I say more?

• 107 posts
    July 9, 2015 3:38 PM PDT
    Dravid said:

I would like to have the ability to cast invisibility on others, so that I can remove unsightly blemishes like Gromes and other Dressknights with their epic skirts from my line of sight.

I was going to say Invis, but after reading such dribble about Dreadknights, I can only say Deathtouch!  Miss you Drav, good to see you around.

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 4:55 PM PDT
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

I would have to go with the top of the line Destroy Undead.  We KNOW zombies are just a blink away from terrorizing the world!

My second choice would be a Divine Aura type of spell.  To be invulnerable for 30 seconds would be awesome when that butthead texting and driving crosses into my lane.  :)

You can never be too sure mate and the 30 sec invuln would definitely come in handy! lol :)

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 4:58 PM PDT
    Dravid said:

Eww Dravid! Hahaha! I don't hear from you for ages and the best you can come up with is a crack at my DK! (Who never wore dresses punk!) lol

Great to see you back mate! Invis would definitely be useful, so much fun to be had, imagine all the tricks you could play on people! :) 

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 4:59 PM PDT
    Keiiek said:

Charm. Need I say more?

Charm would be awesome! Imagine the trouble you could get into, especially if it was like the VG Psi charm with a 5 min charm and a chance to break!

• 311 posts
    July 9, 2015 7:48 PM PDT

Starfall, okillie's shield, treeform, shadowstep, grasping roots, choas volley, feign death, so many good ones to chose, can't just pick one.

• 9115 posts
    July 9, 2015 7:58 PM PDT
    Kazingathi said:

Starfall, okillie's shield, treeform, shadowstep, grasping roots, choas volley, feign death, so many good ones to chose, can't just pick one.

Haha I know it's hard!

• 49 posts
    July 10, 2015 3:39 AM PDT

vanguards peace cleric abilities )

• 308 posts
    July 10, 2015 4:02 AM PDT

Dire Charm seems like the most useful ability to take if i can only have one. mmmmm permanent charmed pet.....

or Selos song of Travel its a tossup

This post was edited by Gawd at July 10, 2015 7:00 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    July 10, 2015 6:07 AM PDT

If limited to a magician's abilities (EQ), I think I'd take the ability to levitate (directly or via summoned rings).

If other classes are also included, I'd also very tempted by healing powers, or the ability to port myself (an/or others) around the world!

This post was edited by Sarim at July 10, 2015 7:00 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 10, 2015 7:01 AM PDT
    Theun said:

vanguards peace cleric abilities )

Yeah, nice choice Theun, they would come in very handy :)

• 9115 posts
    July 10, 2015 7:02 AM PDT
    Gawd said:

Dire Charm seems like the most useful ability to take if i can only have one. mmmmm permanent charmed pet.....

or Selos song of Travel its a tossup

Lol I can see how much trouble you would get into mate! ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 10, 2015 7:02 AM PDT
    Sarim said:

If limited to a magician's abilities (EQ), I think I'd take the ability to levitate (directly or via summoned rings).

If other classes are also included, I'd also very tempted by healing powers, or the ability to port myself (an/or others) around the world!

You can pick one from any class that you have ever played and Lev would be so much fun! but healing would be more useful ;)

• 208 posts
    July 10, 2015 1:42 PM PDT

I personally would like the EQ1 Monk's skill of Feign Death...  *ring ring* Hello?  "Hey Man this is your boss I need you to come into work like right now because your career person wants off."  *Death scream/sound effect followed by body hitting floor* " Hello?  hello!? OMG I gotta call the paramedics and I gotta find someone else to work.."

• 9115 posts
    July 10, 2015 5:12 PM PDT
    Sogotp said:

I personally would like the EQ1 Monk's skill of Feign Death...  *ring ring* Hello?  "Hey Man this is your boss I need you to come into work like right now because your career person wants off."  *Death scream/sound effect followed by body hitting floor* " Hello?  hello!? OMG I gotta call the paramedics and I gotta find someone else to work.."

Haha nice Sogo, imagine the effect it would have in real life, go into work as per normal and just FD in the middle of the office or the lunchroom! it would be hard to sneak out though afterwards ;)