Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Ragefire progression beta is live

• 610 posts
    May 14, 2015 7:22 AM PDT
    StormCloud said:
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

I think you're right Sevens.  It's just a Daybreak decision.

In regards to hp regen, mana regen, and exp gain Stormcloud -  All will be faster than 1999, by a good bit, but slower than the Live servers.  Everquest will be easier than it was in 1999, just not as easy as it is currently on Live servers.

Allright, thanks!

I'll watch a stream before I decide to give them my money for a month. Hopefully I get to see groups at Orc 1 and Orc 2 in east Commonlands. From there it should be pretty easy to determine the level of difficulty they have on the progression server. :)

Played a bit on the beta test...it was a pretty decent time I must admit, seeing all these low level toons running around in Kelethin area, camping orc hill, breaking into crushbone, avoiding trains. Took me a long bit to get to level 7 and pretty much had a group anytime I wanted it (played a bard). Any and all are welcome to add me to friends once the server goes live. Sevens is my main so look me up

• May 14, 2015 7:28 AM PDT
    Sevens said:
    StormCloud said:

I think you're right Sevens.  It's just a Daybreak decision.

In regards to hp regen, mana regen, and exp gain Stormcloud -  All will be faster than 1999, by a good bit, but slower than the Live servers.  Everquest will be easier than it was in 1999, just not as easy as it is currently on Live servers.

Allright, thanks!

I'll watch a stream before I decide to give them my money for a month. Hopefully I get to see groups at Orc 1 and Orc 2 in east Commonlands. From there it should be pretty easy to determine the level of difficulty they have on the progression server. :)

Played a bit on the beta test...it was a pretty decent time I must admit, seeing all these low level toons running around in Kelethin area, camping orc hill, breaking into crushbone, avoiding trains. Took me a long bit to get to level 7 and pretty much had a group anytime I wanted it (played a bard). Any and all are welcome to add me to friends once the server goes live. Sevens is my main so look me up

I definitely will do so.  I've been on beta and am going to run Bloodbeard on May 20th, if it's not taken already. :)

What class will you roll first?

• 43 posts
    May 14, 2015 8:49 AM PDT

I have not decided on names yet, but I'll add a reply when I've done that.

Warrior and a Cleric looks like what I will be playing though. Both should have a pretty high "need" when it comes to grouping. :) It's usually over crowded with dps.

• 238 posts
    May 14, 2015 10:23 PM PDT

I narrowed it down to a Main: Enc with a druid box or a Monk/Sham combo. Monks might be over played because of this H2H thing I have been reading about. Also not sure how well monks tank after you get into the higher levels.

• 83 posts
    May 16, 2015 5:57 AM PDT

If monk shm is what brings you the most fun, nvm how many other monks there are running around :)

• 238 posts
    May 16, 2015 6:33 PM PDT
    Zlambit said:

If monk shm is what brings you the most fun, nvm how many other monks there are running around :)

Just my thing. For some reason I cant be happy if I'm playing something that's considered the OP or the flavor of the month. Was on beta a bit, Enc charm seemed strong. Boxed with a druid it seemed to fill allot of the classes holes but still not sure if its worth the extra hassle. 

• 43 posts
    May 19, 2015 7:51 AM PDT

Oh why did they have to do that? The things you discover when you start reading. *sigh*

They're going to have the marketplace active for live, and, in it they'll be selling xp potions.

It's ridicilous!

I'm sorry, but I won't be playing this. I was prepared to just blindly ignore the OP monk and Magician but when they give advantages to people who are willing to spend extra money, that means I'm out.

I hope you guys have fun, those that will play! :)

• 238 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:05 AM PDT

If I was playing this server with a "racing" mentality which I totally did on The Combine, that sort of thing would be a game breaker but this time around I'm going to just focus more on my own world rather then others. As long as there are others to group with at my levels Ill be just fine. Being that we have 6 months to gain 50 levels which will take most people about a month or two I don't really see it as a problem over those that might be trying to race for raid purposes.

• 43 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:24 AM PDT

To me it's not about the "racing" either. It's just that the concept about offering something for money that will give an advantage over others that has me saying just NO!. If the game was old as heck, I could care less, I've probably played the game to death already and what new players do wouldn't bother me at all. But, they are restarting it from scratch. Why on earth would you want to add something like this when everyone is on a equal level at the beginning? They need money! This is not created for the fans to get a server that will start from the beginning, the $15/month would have been enough to cover the work they do. No, they obviously decided that they needed more. That is what I cannot support and refuse to be sucked into!

But that's me.

• 6 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:28 AM PDT

I'll be there hopefully on my mage Dreadmagi along with my druid Falcoe.

• 318 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:19 AM PDT
    StormCloud said:

To me it's not about the "racing" either. It's just that the concept about offering something for money that will give an advantage over others that has me saying just NO!. If the game was old as heck, I could care less, I've probably played the game to death already and what new players do wouldn't bother me at all. But, they are restarting it from scratch. Why on earth would you want to add something like this when everyone is on a equal level at the beginning? They need money! This is not created for the fans to get a server that will start from the beginning, the $15/month would have been enough to cover the work they do. No, they obviously decided that they needed more. That is what I cannot support and refuse to be sucked into!

But that's me.

Yeah agreed. I hate in game marketplaces and the advantages they bring. Totally annoying that AAA games are all doing this now.

I will still be playing on the progression server, because I love Everquest. But there are several things like respawning with gear, monk / pet damage, increased exp rate compared to classic, the marketplace w/ exp potions, and kronos for sale that really irk me.

• 318 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:20 AM PDT

Have they announced the launch time for the server yet? I have been keeping an eye out for an exact time, but haven't seen anything yet.

• 43 posts
    May 19, 2015 12:13 PM PDT

I haven't seen a time yet.

I think you can keep an eye on it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/

• May 19, 2015 12:51 PM PDT

The time is "Afternoon PST".  There will be a patch tomorrow and all servers will be down.  From what I've read so far,  they will announce when it is open but until then maybe not much more lol

Stormcloud, if you were going to play on the server and you had an all access sub, you would get 500 SC a month to spend on potions. 

While I wish they didn't have the marketplace available, there was no way any time would have been spent on making the server happen without the opportunity to make some bucks for DB.

• 43 posts
    May 19, 2015 1:15 PM PDT

The time is "Afternoon PST".  There will be a patch tomorrow and all servers will be down.  From what I've read so far,  they will announce when it is open but until then maybe not much more lol

Stormcloud, if you were going to play on the server and you had an all access sub, you would get 500 SC a month to spend on potions. 

While I wish they didn't have the marketplace available, there was no way any time would have been spent on making the server happen without the opportunity to make some bucks for DB.

I don't mind the marketplace at all, IF it's stuff that don't boost gameplay. :) I understand that DBG is going to milk this cow until it's near skin and bones and when they're done with it, they'll add more cows (items) and do the same to them.

So, call me a protector of cows, but seriously speaking, I hate stuff that boost gameplay. I want equal struggle for all. I'll sit this one out! It's ok though, I'm not done with Dragon Age yet. LOL

This post was edited by StormCloud at May 19, 2015 4:02 PM PDT
    • 318 posts
    May 19, 2015 5:20 PM PDT

They announced a time for the server launch: 3 PM Pacific.

• 84 posts
    May 19, 2015 6:34 PM PDT

Who is making the Pantheon guild and what is the name going to be?

• 366 posts
    May 21, 2015 4:28 AM PDT

Hey slackers,  I thought you all were hardcore! There are level 50s already. Get moving! (<---tongue in cheek )

https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/601162171339448320

Some characters upon creation, were level 50. They are working on fixing it.  I hope you all are having fun!

This post was edited by Zarriya at May 21, 2015 5:25 AM PDT
    • 133 posts
    May 25, 2015 1:24 PM PDT

Launch was a mess.  still is, and now there is a queue system, some people ate waiting hours to play.  I don't have that kind of time, if I have to wait in a queue I may as well go do something else, almost no one I know who was looking forward to playing, actually has, we all decided to wait and see what the first few days brought...

Pity, new name, same old crap.  Nag went down with 24hrs from a raid of 15 mages and 3 wizards.

See balance was spot on as well.

• May 26, 2015 7:03 AM PDT

I'm having fun.  The instanced newbie grounds make a world of difference.  

Did it happen too quickly?  Probably.  They didn't quite have everything right.

I don't know who is waiting hours to play though (maybe before the queue?),  I've been in the queue for 20 minutes tops at any time.  The login time is much better now they've put in an afk kicker.

Sorry to hear you aren't going to play, Exmortis. :(