Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Ragefire progression beta is live

• 106 posts
    May 7, 2015 5:30 PM PDT

Ragefire progression beta just went live i will be named munge if anyone wants to kill some rats and bats 

• 83 posts
    May 7, 2015 6:03 PM PDT

urg so tempted to play on ragefire when it opens, just for the easier installing over p99 :)

• 308 posts
    May 7, 2015 7:06 PM PDT

Going to poke around some on Ragefire beta

• 179 posts
    May 8, 2015 1:51 PM PDT

Downloading now. I'm currently not playing anything and bored.

• 261 posts
    May 8, 2015 9:51 PM PDT

Might as well have a look in.

Not much else to do. Hope it is F2P, but I expect it to be for paid players only.

• 179 posts
    May 9, 2015 2:15 AM PDT

I believe it will only be for paid players. I downloaded the beta but Ragefire isn't showing up for me on the server list.

Q: Will Ragefire be restricted by account level?

Yes, you will need to be an All Access member in order to access the Ragefire server.

Found on the EQ forums.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/

• 318 posts
    May 9, 2015 7:30 AM PDT
    Boulda said:

Might as well have a look in.

Not much else to do. Hope it is F2P, but I expect it to be for paid players only.

The beta server is Free. Once the server goes live, it will require an active subscription.

• 179 posts
    May 9, 2015 8:12 AM PDT

I'm not having any luck upgrading my subscription though hate it when companies have payment issues on their sites.

My name is Anasyn on Beta look me up.

• 261 posts
    May 9, 2015 5:57 PM PDT
    Anasyn said:

. I downloaded the beta but Ragefire isn't showing up for me on the server list.

Shows up as a server called beta for me. I guess it will get a rename when it goes live.

• 31 posts
    May 9, 2015 9:11 PM PDT
    I'm playing a monk and a druid, medousa and Scorpios. .. deadlyfury is playing a mage and a druid also I'm pretty surw, hit us up in game and we can group :)
    • 179 posts
    May 10, 2015 2:31 AM PDT

I won't be playing beta a ton but will add you. I'll save myself for the release. Mostly using beta for this to try and figure out what I want to play.

• 179 posts
    May 10, 2015 4:54 AM PDT

I've added you Medousa and sent a couple tells. Currently playing Anasyn = Mage and Nysana = Enchanter.

• 83 posts
    May 11, 2015 1:15 AM PDT

gonna be hopping around on beta as a woodelf bard named dragonsnack

• 13 posts
    May 11, 2015 7:06 PM PDT

I have a monk on beta named Sanvich... dunno how much I'll play there since I'm mostly wanting to play the live one lol

• 83 posts
    May 11, 2015 7:44 PM PDT

ragefire goes live on may 20th

• 43 posts
    May 13, 2015 7:19 AM PDT

I'll most likely be playing, I think. I played the original from release in 1999 and I am actually quite excited to start over. I see the updated graphics as "new" which will be interesting to explore. It's the challenge that I am after and I hope it has returned.

Trying to convince a friend to play with me that has not played EQ1 basically at all. He started playing MMOs when SWG released. We'll see.

During the "old" EQ1 I had a high level Monk, Druid and Necromancer. I have not yet figured out what to play this time around. Maybe a Warrior and a Cleric? I don't dual box, only 1 char at a time because I like to "need" other people. :)

So, here's to the reboot! Hope it will be fun, at least until alpha invitations start for Pantheon. :)

• 179 posts
    May 13, 2015 7:51 AM PDT

I'll be around for sure still trying to pick a class though so when you enter the game on the 20th add my name.

• 238 posts
    May 13, 2015 2:46 PM PDT

I will be waiting for release but have to say its causing me a little headache trying to think what I will be playing. It shows how great the classes where back then that you can ponder for days about classes and not be able to make up your mind. I played a Warrior in original then jumped to Mage once I got more serious about playing.

Floating around in my head is all this...

Druid would be nice for ports, Sow, and they can solo, but only outside, Have mana problems, aka downtime...

Enc would be great for mana reg, I know charm works for soloing but forget how it was at the start, they can travel to most cities...

Necro is fun when soloing and I am sure will be a very common class but lack any huge group advantage and getting around can be hard...

Mage is out only because I played one so much...

Bard great for groups but don't think they can really solo much in the original game, with my baby I prob be only like 20% grouping...

Wiz can solo but not for a while at the start, get ports but from what I hear very one dimensional at the start, just stand, nuke and sit, downtime problems...

Clr would be great if I was planning on grouping more, not sure on their original solo capabilities but think it was poor, rez would be big bonus...

Sham is cool with root/rot but hear it can be slow, they can cannibalize at some point for mana, slows are a bonus, heals pretty weak I think...

Monk was always cool sounding, they get mend for soloing but take a long time to really be use full, weight restriction are a drag and they don't get itemization till kunark, FD big bonus, have no idea bout DPS though in original...

My thinking is prob in no order

Druid, Enc, Monk

What you guys think?

This post was edited by Xonth at May 13, 2015 2:59 PM PDT
    • 318 posts
    May 13, 2015 6:01 PM PDT

Yeah. It's always a tough decision for me as well what class to play.

To answer one of your questions, I believe Monk dps is supposed to be very high, since they buffed the h2h damage on all servers and can't revert it back for the progression server without causing more problems.

• 238 posts
    May 13, 2015 7:35 PM PDT
    • 43 posts
    May 13, 2015 7:45 PM PDT

Been watching a stream on twitch. A guy playing on the beta progression server. There was a couple worrying issues.

1. He died and didn't have to do a corpse run. Just respawned with all his gear.

2. It seemed really easy. The regen on the hps was insane. Like his hps was flying back up if it ever went below 80%.

I remember getting my ass kicked in Everquest. I could solo maybe 2-4 blue con before I had to rest. This guy just kept on going.

If the live progression server is anything like that, I will definitely not be subbing. I'll probably check a stream before doing anything.

Anyone got any answers about them changing the difficulty level when they start it on the 20th?

• 318 posts
    May 14, 2015 4:43 AM PDT

@StormCloud

1) Yeah, it sucks about the lack of corpse runs. Since they are no longer required on the live servers, it's got to be the same on progression. You still lose exp though.

2) On the beta servers, you can betabuff a character to a higher level and get things like the fungi tunic then give them to an alt that is low level. Not sure if that is what you were seeing on twitch or not, but that could explain insane hp regen. Otherwise, they also do have an out of combat regen now that kicks in after 30 seconds or so after being in combat.

• 610 posts
    May 14, 2015 5:07 AM PDT
    Wellspring said:

@StormCloud

1) Yeah, it sucks about the lack of corpse runs. Since they are no longer required on the live servers, it's got to be the same on progression. You still lose exp though.

2) On the beta servers, you can betabuff a character to a higher level and get things like the fungi tunic then give them to an alt that is low level. Not sure if that is what you were seeing on twitch or not, but that could explain insane hp regen. Otherwise, they also do have an out of combat regen now that kicks in after 30 seconds or so after being in combat.

Actually not sure point #1 is true, when Fippy launched they had a poll if corpse runs should be in game but it was voted down.

I know this is a reason they gave for not nerfing mage pets or monks fist but im pretty sure the corpse runs are just them not doing it, though I have been known to be wrong (a lot)

• May 14, 2015 6:19 AM PDT

I think you're right Sevens.  It's just a Daybreak decision.

In regards to hp regen, mana regen, and exp gain Stormcloud -  All will be faster than 1999, by a good bit, but slower than the Live servers.  Everquest will be easier than it was in 1999, just not as easy as it is currently on Live servers.

• 43 posts
    May 14, 2015 6:25 AM PDT
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

I think you're right Sevens.  It's just a Daybreak decision.

In regards to hp regen, mana regen, and exp gain Stormcloud -  All will be faster than 1999, by a good bit, but slower than the Live servers.  Everquest will be easier than it was in 1999, just not as easy as it is currently on Live servers.

Allright, thanks!

I'll watch a stream before I decide to give them my money for a month. Hopefully I get to see groups at Orc 1 and Orc 2 in east Commonlands. From there it should be pretty easy to determine the level of difficulty they have on the progression server. :)