Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Unpopular Opinion: VR should delete 3rd person

• 194 posts
    November 29, 2023 3:20 PM PST
    I wasn't rude. I answered your, quite frankly, rudely phrased question and instructed you on how to find your answer.
    • 902 posts
    November 29, 2023 7:18 PM PST
    You didn't need to put "Read". Just rude.

This entire thread is a storm in a teacup. 1st or 3rd person view is down to the individual. Full stop.
    • 810 posts
    November 30, 2023 1:01 AM PST
    I would enjoy the feel more for the RP side of immersion but know it would be problematic for the game. Easier tanking, easier target selection, easier sneaking, easier awareness, easier healing non party members, easier jump puzzles, easier AOE placement, etc. It has too many advantages for people to give up without endless whining and likely modding their game to gain an advantage.

All of the people pointing out it is personal preference are wrong. It's also personal preference for 99% of players to play one handed if they want to, but I would not suggest doing that either. First person all you want in cities and the like. It makes them more enjoyable, but in combat it does not matter if you are not paying attention or if you are in first person. You will get a problematic reputation either way.

In the few FPS MMOs I love watching players creep around corners and crouch under windows because every danger has proper perspective. An MMO with logical cover mechanics would be tons of fun, but with that said NPC size restrictions would be very important. Tanking in first person is a nightmare when you are needing to tank thematically giant targets that clip through you most of the fight.
    This post was edited by Jobeson at November 30, 2023 1:09 AM PST
    • 46 posts
    November 30, 2023 2:28 AM PST
    I useally play in 3rd person ..mostly all the time. Very hard to see something sneaking up on you in first person mode..nice to see the envirment around you while adventuring.