Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Honestly...

• 17 posts
    September 1, 2023 3:05 AM PDT

Yeah I feel you.   You seem like a pest for asking but it's been so long with so many opportunities to ask.  I understand they are trying to make a good game, and I want that but they treat their paid customers like trash, or at least I feel that way. I've been blocked on Twiiter because I complain I guess? However no consideration for anything but prealpha people even after several date pushbacks. A bone for paying customers once in a while is not too much to ask. 

• 194 posts
    October 18, 2023 3:17 AM PDT

Dikenzu said:

justdrop said:

Dikenzu said:

justdrop said:

Dikenzu said:

"I critiqued the idea. You critiqued the person. That's the difference."

Like I said, stop playing these stupid semantic games with me dude. My 'IDEAS' gave valid context and meaning to the history of Pantheon's game development. You calling someone's 'IDEAS' excuses was reductive and dismissive, thus insulting. 

Ah yes, the old "no u" routine. I think the excuses you made for the game are ridiculous. I do not think you are. As it is, there's enough insight for me to lose faith and you not to.

Well then since you still playing these games. I think your comments are negative and unfairly skeptical. I do not think YOU are.

Also, why is someone here if they have 'lost faith' in the game....serious question.

I spent money on the game, same as everyone else.

See, that's what's always been the odd thing to me about folks who say things like that.

I spent hundreds(thousands?) of dollars on WoW(my favorite MMO of all time despite me not playing it anymore). I have lost faith in that game. BUT, I'm not on the forums, Discord, social media etc. like the thousands of folks who(feel the same) are there trashing the game.

I'm not there evangelizing my 'lost faith' and looking to sarcastically, subliminally, and cleverly attack any positive comment said about the game...like I have witnessed so many do here. I'm not even there giving harsh constructive criticism(which, I think still implies having SOME faith and also shows I can appreciate sincere criticism).

I say my piece and keep it moving if someone asks me about WoW...but I don't dwell on it.

I'm HERE enjoying Pantheon. A game I do believe in and having a, mostly, satisfying time following the development of...something I still(after all these years) find fascinating. I don't understand why folks like torturing themselves with a project they really don't believe in, of their own free will and time, when they could be enjoying one or many of the dozens of other games they actually LIKE. 

Of course folks have the right to do what they want. But choosing to be here(or anywhere like this) when you only see negative is baffling to me.

Would you call my skepticism unfair now?

• 1019 posts
    October 18, 2023 7:51 AM PDT

justdrop said:

Dikenzu said: 

See, that's what's always been the odd thing to me about folks who say things like that.

I spent hundreds(thousands?) of dollars on WoW(my favorite MMO of all time despite me not playing it anymore). 

There is a huge difference.  Spending thousands of dollars on a game when you've been able to spend hundres (thousands?) of hours playing it, is a very, very big difference.

This post was edited by Kittik at October 18, 2023 7:51 AM PDT
    • 839 posts
    October 18, 2023 6:36 PM PDT

Savanja said:

Yes, it will.

VR replying in the quoted tone really holds no weight in this current climate. A minimal word response and attempt to seem sternly serious just comes across completely empty. There is nothing of Pantheon MMO to release right now and the latest statement from VR officially seems to indicate that funds are in the way to drying up and at the current projection any kind of release is so far in the future there is no real way of saying "Yes, it will" with the real serious tone your trying to put across... Using purposefully non empathetic communication in response to a reasonable question from a backer at a time when many many people are feeling the same way...  Is just another layer of bad communication. 

• 20 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:35 PM PDT

Dikenzu said:

justdrop said:

You can continue to make excuses, that's your choice. Not everyone is willing to go along with them.

You can continue to be negative and and unfairly skeptical, that's your choice. Not everyone is willing to go along with it.....

What is a fair time frame for a healthy dose of reality Scepticism?

• 20 posts
    October 27, 2023 4:09 PM PDT

Nexira said:

I don't see why it wouldn't.  It is just a matter of when.

And if money runs out? no money to pay the team? That is also only a matter of when.